TailsIsNotAlone

Quite simple really. Of the 55 episodes of My Little Pony that have aired so far, which ones would you say are your Top 5? You don't have to rank them if you don't want to, of course. If one of the two-parters is your favorite, you can count it as one. ^^

Here are mine, no particular order. This list was VERY hard to pare down and I will include runner-ups at the end.

1:16--Sonic Rainboom

The immortal Rainbow Dash episode. Her weaknesses (besides overconfidence) start to be revealed, but through it all she perseveres and pulls off something unforgettable. It was the most ambitious action scene the show ever did to that point, and they succeeded with flying colors, no pun intended. Throw in Fluttershy's "yay" and Rarity's wings, and you've got an episode that in later years will be called a classic.

1:26--The Best Night Ever

Actually the worst night ever, but maybe the best episode, at least as far as Season 1 goes. Brilliant. Not one moment of it could have been better. "At the Gala" was an epic song that propelled the show to new musical heights. Every pony got a chance to shine. Too many hilarious and memorable moments to name make this an easy pick for me.

2:12--Family Appreciation Day

You probably noticed this, but I love Apple Bloom. I think this is her best episode, because it gives her something to do besides wreak havoc with the other Crusaders. Granny Smith is showcased like never before with delightful results, and the Apple family's role in founding Ponyville was fascinating. It also gave us a silver lining to Silver Spoon's character, as she applauded the story to Diamond Tiara's dismay. Last but not least...young Granny Smith FTW! (I wonder what her name was back then...surely she wasn't called "Granny" as a filly. xD)

2:16--Read It and Weep

Dashie. Reading. Two of my favorite things in the world come together. Rainbow gets a new hobby that adds necessary depth to her character. The Daring Do books sound so awesome I wish they were real. Mandatory.

2:22--Hurricane Fluttershy

It rocked. It was poignant, touching and ultimately inspiring. It was the Fluttershy episode, surpassing even Dragonshy, and featured one of the best and most accurate portrayals of Dash that whole season. Any remotely objective person, brony or not, would have trouble calling MLP "just another kid's show" after watching this episode.

RUNNER-UPS: Griffon the Brush-Off, Green Isn't Your Color, Sisterhooves Social, Putting Your Hoof Down, A Friend In Deed.

OMG...I just realized all my favorites feature only the numbers 1, 2 or 6. FREAKOUT!

@~Chaotic Discord~: Not a repeat thread, I looked. xD There's a "favorite episode" thread that's been silent for 2 months, but not a Top 5 one.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 3

"Human beings fascinate me

Being just the way they are..."

Im excluding Two Parter episodes because i think they are dynamiclly different from the normal slice-of-life episodes and thus must be excluded from the rest.

To my Top 5

------------------

5. Cutie Mark Cronicles

4. Over a Barrell

3.Sisterhoove Social

2. May the Best Pet Win

1. Dragonquest

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~
  • Brohoof 1

My top 5

1)Luna Eclipsed

2)Sonic Rainboom

3)Hurricane Fluttershy

4)Ponyville Confidential

5)The Last Roundup

Those are my top 5 episodes :)

• Brohoof 2

img-3391143-4-dyhFVEN.png

Thanks MiniKirby! It's soooooo awesome! wub.png

"Enough Chitchat time is candy!".- Pinkie Pie.

"Storm Chasing is a commitment. Not a choice". -Me "Never stop chasing!"- Reed Timmer

1) Luna Eclipsed

2) Winter Wrap Up

3) Hurricane Fluttershy

4) Sonic Rainboom

5) Boast Busters

Luna eclipsed is top because its the episode that got me into mlp and well Luna is one of my favourites.

• Brohoof 1

1. A Canterlot Wedding Parts 1 & 2

2. Cutie Mark Chronicles

3. Sonic Rainboom

4. The Cutie Pox

5. Read It And Weep

I loved the concept of A Canterlot Wedding when it first aired, This Day Aria has to be my favourite My Little Pony song to date.

Cutie Mark Chronicles is also one of my favourites because of the stories of how they got their Cutie Marks interested me, So Many Wonders was a pretty good number too :')

Sonic Rainboom showed some elements of Rainbow Dash' charecter which we had never viewed before. It's the infamous Dash episode, and everypony loves it.

I loved the message which was given from The Cutie Pox. It showed that you can't just force your heart's desire to happen. And if you do, there will always be a consequence.

Read It And Weep is a pretty good episode in my book, I love it and it's the one I've watched the most since the airdate.

Edited by Scootaloox
  • Brohoof 1

img-2242958-1-CvYBYrX.png

Credit to Lunia :)

1. Secret of my Excess

2. Lesson Zero

3.Read it and Weep

4.Winter Wrap Up

5.Party of One

HM: The Best Night Ever, Dragon Quest and Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Check me out! No, seriously, check me out.

1) Lesson Zero

2) Party of One

3) The Best Night Ever

4) Bridal Gossip

5) Dragonshy

Runners up: Secret of my Excess, Applebuck Season, Cutie Mark Chronicals, Sisterhooves Social and Hurricane Fluttershy

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, don't think I'll be able to put them in order without far too much thinking so I'll just plonk them down at random:

• Sonic Rainboom
  • The Cutie Mark Chronicles
  • The Best Night Ever
  • Luna Eclipsed
  • Canterlot Wedding Pt1+2

Honourable mentions to: Suited for Success, Sisterhooves Social and Friendship is Magic Pt1+2.

• Brohoof 1

We were meant to rule together, little sister......

I did it in order :c It wasn't easy. 1 is the best btw.

1. Super speedy cider squeezy 60000000

2. Owls well that ends well

3. May the best pet win

4. Sweet and elite

5. Sisterhooves social

;

Negative

I can't narrow it down to 5, so I'll do 6

1: Read it and Weep

Reading is one of my absolute favorite things to do, and it is always a joy to see someone learn to appreciate it. The fact that it was about my favorite character made it even better. It had loads of comedy, Rainbow Dash being adorable for the entire episode, Battleclouds, the ninja costume, the boredom montage, DARING DO, and some positive character development. It is probably my most rewatched episode.

2: Sonic Rainboom=Hurricane Fluttershy

You know I've done a lot of thought about it and these are actually very similar episodes. Both are about overcoming childhood issues and performance anxiety, however what they do for each character varies quite a bit. Fluttershy's fears have been exhaustively documented throughout the series, and in Hurricane Fluttershy we got a little more insight into why they exist and we got the pleasure of watching her overcome them. Dash is one of the least likely to show fear out of them, but this episode began to reveal that underneath her cocky exterior she is actually quite insecure at times. Also during Rainboom we got to watch Fluttershy leave her comfort zone a little and have to give confidence to someone else ( admit it, you smiled when she finally cheered). You got to see something similar in Hurricane Fluttershy with Rainbow having to me more nurturing and comforting and that is a side of her that I'd like to see more of in the future. Also completing the tornado and pulling off the Rainboom were two of the most amazing moments in the series.

3: Cutie Mark Chronicles

Got some great insight into each character, screen time was divided fairly evenly, the Filly 6 were adorable and we got to see another Rainboom.

4: Luna Eclipsed=Party of One

I never understood why Luna was so popular until this episode. She was really adorable and comedy and heartwarming moments were spliced together seamlessly in a way that I have rarely seen before. It rocketed Luna way upwards in my favorite character list. And as for Party of One it helped me to finally understand what makes Pinkie Pie tick, and it forced me to realize that there was more depth to her than I had been giving her credit for. Since then she has shot up my favorite character list to 2nd and she is in no danger of being passed anytime soon.

It was actually quite hard to choose only 5 episodes, but here are my top 5:

1. Sonic Rainboom

2. Winter Wrap Up

3. Luna Eclipsed

4. The Best Night Ever

5. The Cutie Mark Chronicles

• Brohoof 1

YjOKc.png

Oh dangit I have to chose top 5 favorite episodes?

Lemme think a second..

In no particular order(Hard enough to narrow it down.)

1. Season 1 episode 17: Stare master

I picked this one simply because this was the first episode I technically saw clips from. Back before I became a brony I had heard about fluttershy one time and outta curiosity looked up some stuff on youtube about her, I got something involving her staredown with the cocktrice, After that It led to me eventually watching the first episode, then the next and next and now I'm a brony :P. So I felt like I had to pick this one. Simply because it holds a special place for me I guess.

2. Season 2 episode 19: Putting your Hoof down

I guess I'm a bit biased on this episode, because it has fluttershy in it.. but I dunno what to say about this episode, I just like it for somereason. Its cool to see Fluttershy's Assertive side I guess :P.

3. Season 2 Episode 22: Hurricane Fluttershy

Well obviously it probably goes without saying being a Fluttershy fan, and the fact that this episode is really good makes this one of my favorites easily. The whole development of Fluttershy overcoming her fears is a great way to base the episode, I don't really know what to say. Its a wonderful episode in my eyes.

4. Season 1 Episode 11: Winter Wrap Up.

Well I really like the song in this episode, but not only do I like the song. I actually kinda like the episode quite a bit to! I guess because of how Twilight is trying to find a place to fit in and use her talents, which I find is something I can kinda relate to.

5. Season 1 Episode 23: Cutie mark Chronicles

I think this is a really good episode, just because it gives so much backstory on the Mane 6. (And omg the mane 6 as filly's are cuteeee :D) And who can forget Pinkies"And thats how Equestria was made!" Sure there is still plenty of other lose ends to tie up for the mane 6, but it still does have one of the higher amounts of character development in the show.

Phew.. Ok I tried my best to pick some, but with so many good episodes it was really hard... Also I didn't pick any 2 parters, simply because even though I like them, it feels weird to put them on a list like this.

Never knew it could be so hard picking my 5 favorites..

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

#1. Hurricane Fluttershy. I think this was the episode where I went, "Wow, there really is no denying it. This show is awesome. Everything comes together so nicely in this episode, but I think the thing that makes me love it so much is the characterizations and the moral. Rainbow Dash in particular, who had been getting a bad rep due to episodes such as MMDW was actually a supportive and loyal leader and friend (this episode and Read it and Weep made me like her so much more). Also, I can relate far too much to Fluttershy in the situation, despite that I never really found I identified with her before this episode. Everything was perfect. Speaking about things being "perfect"...

#2. Canterlot Wedding. I've always loved Disney movies and songs, which is probably the reason I liked this episode so much. Not only was the music, emotion and animation good but I actually liked Cadance and Shining Armor much more than I assumed I would.

#3. Cutie Mark Chronicles. It's too adorable for a proper explanation.

#4. Suited for Success. Rarity is not only awesome in this episode (barer of supreme generosity-even if it may ruin your career-FTW) but the song and the fact that it made my best pony my favorite pony deserves one of my favorite spots for those reasons alone.

#5. Crystal Empire. Can I just say that a villain not speaking doesn't make someone a bad villain? Now that that's out of the way, this episode was about Twilight, not Sombra. 44 minutes isn't enough time to make a villain (that's more like just a threat than an actual villain) have development if the episode centers around the main character, not the villain. Unlike Canterlot Wedding or Return of Harmony, the episode wasn't about the mane 6 beating the villain. It was about the main character passing a test but with a threat (Sombra) blocking her path. I liked everything about this episode. The music, the humor, probably the best animation we've seen in this show. Stupid Discord raising our expectations about villains. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

n1eS6.gif

1. Lesson Zero - I love all of Twilight's faces

2. The best night ever - I just generally like this one

3. Too many Pinkie Pies - You can never have too much Pinkie Pie

4. Party of One - I like Pinkie and Madame Leflour

5. A friend in deed - I love the smile song

My OC

Stay pony my friends

"And ALWAYS remember...to never forget." - Someone who I'm sure has said this before I did

1. too many pinkie pies

2. the crystal empire pt.2

3. the cryatal empire pt.1

4. may the best pet win

5. the ticket master

season 3 is awesome so far!

359011s.jpg

Sig made by meh ((Find me on Deviantart if you wanna talk to me))

1. Luna Eclipsed- Honestly this is my favorite episode because of the comedy that is in it. Between the Pinkie chicken, to HUZZA THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED, and then to Fluttershy smashing into the door. I think this is one of if not the funniest episode.

2. Too Many Pinkies- I had my doubts about this, seeing as Pinkie is my least favorite of the mane 6, but it was well written, and well done. It was just the right amount of Pinkies, so my brain was able to handle it.

3. The Show Stoppers- Now this one gets a lot of hate, and I can understand why, but it was a growing episode for the CMC, and it has given us one of the best fandom songs. Alex S CutieMarkDubstep

4. The Crystal Empire-This one also gets a lot of bad rap for the villain I honestly thought Sombra didn't need to talk at all, and he performed very well as the antagonist. This is also the only episode where the villain actually dies. Up until the last 15 minutes I wasn't impressed.

5. Ponyville Confidential- I like this one. As it gave me more reason to like Diamond Tiara as an antagonist. The story was well written, and was pretty funny as well. This also made Scootaloo one of my favorite ponies. I dunno why, it just did.

• Brohoof 1

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube