2. 2. Worst Pet?

• Tank
    • Angel
    • Gummy
    • Owlowiscious
    • Opalescence
    • Winona
    • Philomena

Which are the best and worst pets in MLP FiM? 

In my opinion, the best pet is probably Angel, because he amuses me. And I am aware that most people hate him. 

I also love Gummy, just because he's awesome like that. 

I think the worst pet is Owlowiscious, I really dislike him for some reason...

• Brohoof 2

I voted for Gummy for the best pet just because I have no reason to hate him. He never did anything bad.

I voted for Angel for the worst pet because he is the biggest prick to one of my favorite ponies!

Edited by My Whistle Baby
  • Brohoof 1

I think Tank being best pet is canon since he won the Best Pet competition in an episode. I voted for him, but Gummy's a close second.

Worst pet is Opal, someone as awesome as Rarity deserves better

• Brohoof 3

I would have to say my favorite MLP pet would be Gummy. That cute little alligator gave me some laughs as well! Plus, he has no teeth. I mean, an alligator without teeth. Pure. cuteness. 

As for my worst, definitely Owlowicious. I just didn't like the owl, and I like Spike way better. Plus, that owl bores me. No development. Just used a the topic for an episode. :P 

Gummy is King of Equestria.Owllicious is boring pet from a forgettable episode. Every other pet at least has something to define them. Saying "Hoo." Is not a personality. I know owls aren't typically known for their personality. They're just patient and alert, but this pet just feels so.. Uninspired.

Gummy is best pet because of all the things that can be done with him. He doesn't do anything and is like a doll but everypony obsessed over him. Which, quite frankly, is adorable. :wub:

Owlilicious is worst pet because he was introduced in my least favourite episode and isn't useful to the plot or anything, while Angel, Gummy, Opalesence and Wilona are all useful. Tank is just there, I don't like how he was introduced so much, but it isn't as bad.

I personally think that Twi and Rainbow dont need pets anyway though. And Spike has those Pheonix hatchlings now.

Also why does Tia have a pet anyway?

I like Tank as best pet because turtles.

Owlowlicious is the worst because he's flat. Simple as that. No real development has been done to him.

As for people hating Angel, I don't understand why. Fluttershy is, well, not very self confident. I feel bad saying it but it's true. Angel gives her that push she needs sometimes. He's got a little bit of a role to play there.

Angel is the worst hands down, there's nothing to discuss here.

but as for best, I'm kinda thorn.

It's not Owliscious, because I find him boring, but he's useful though. Is not Gummy either because he most certainly would kill Pinkie Pie as soon as he gets his teeth.

I'm not familiar with cats, and Opalescense and Rarity don't seem to get along that well XD, though she loved Fluttershy...I still don't trust her.

So, it's either Tank or Winona, I love dogs in RL but not so sure about turtles, but that was such a sweethart in the show, he was so cute, in fact, Rainbow Dash doesn't deserve him.

But I'll pick Winona anyways, she's a cheerful happy dog and very inteligent. Appie did a good job raising her. :)

• Brohoof 1

I voted for Gummy for the best pet just because I have no reason to hate him. He never did anything bad.

Counterpoint: he attempts to devour his caretaker and her friends on a regular basis.  The only thing stopping him is that he has no teeth.  Thus, I voted him as worst.

I voted Tank as best because he doesn't give up, even in the face of inevitable defeat.  He also save Dash, even though he had every reason to stand there and watch her starve, then spit on her corpse and leave.  He's an admirable little guy.

I would vote Angel as best just because he does actually seem quite nice more often than not. Unfortunately that 1 episode....

Sooo, I'm going to have to go with Opal. Mainly just because I'm a cat person and she amuses me.

Gummy takes 2nd place. He's just a funny little fella with some serious dance moves.

Worst pet is Owlowiscious. hate that thing. Flat out annoyed me. Tank would be my second worst though O:)

In life I've been known to be a bit of a Fluttershy or Elly May Clampet when it comes to handling animals, but even I couldn't get along with Opal. She's a nightmare. What does Rarity see in her? Angel is a jerk too, but Fluttershy can't turn any animal away.

Tank is undoubtedly the most loyal and kindest of them all even if he doesn't make much noise or do much of anything. I'll take him over any of the others, but Gummy is delightful too.

• Brohoof 1

Best is Angel. I hate him sometimes, but none of the other ones are even seen enough to be classified as good. Plus most of the time he tries to help Fluttershy and is a pretty good counterweight. 

I was about to vote Angel as worst for the same reason, but the whole "Opal hates Rarity" joke got old after the first time it happened. 

Edited by Stellafera

Angel is the cutest bunny I have ever seen on the show. He's very funny and quirky. You gotta love a bunny who can correct your mistakes in a silly way. xD

I don't have an opinion towards which pet is the worst, because I think all of the pets are pretty awesome, no doubt about that. :)

• Brohoof 1

I love Gummy! The relationship between Gummy and Pinkie Pie is...the perfect representation of a relationship between reptile and owner in real life. Harmless one-sided love with delusions from the owners part. (I should know! I own geckos!)

As for most hated...Angel. The bunny is a brat and should be given a time-out.

Edited by windy_prance

Angel is the best pet, he has more personality than all the others pets combined. 

Tank is the worst,  not only is he the worst pet for Rainbow Dash but is an example of the worst kind of product placement, the kind the makes no logical sense at all.  I can buy that Twilight never talked about her brother in casual conversation, I can not buy that Rainbow Dash would pick Tank over a more mobile pet. 

At this point, I'm not sure what I think about the pets.  I wouldn't say I hate any of these characters, but I can't pick a favourite out of the ones I'm more fond of, either.

Tank:  Cute tortoise; ambitious, and saved RBD, showing her that there's more to a pet's value than speed.

Opalescence:  For a cat, she can be quite the bitch.  But I don't "hate" her, just not that fond of her.

Angel:  Can be a jerk, but he can help Fluttershy when she needs it.  He goes for the tough love route, so he's often misunderstood.

Gummy:  Cute.  Very, very cute.   :wub:

Owlowiscious:  Weird, but that doesn't mean I have anything against him.  He made Spike feel bad though, but afterwards, he learned that he doesn't have to worry about that kind of thing.

Winona:  So adorable!  And she's pretty helpful, too.

Philomena:  Kind of acted like a butt towards Fluttershy, but she didn't mean anything by it.  Phoenixes are cool.

Angel is the best pet, he has more personality than all the others pets combined. Tank is the worst, not only is he the worst pet for Rainbow Dash but is an example of the worst kind of product placement, the kind the makes no logical sense at all. I can buy that Twilight never talked about her brother in casual conversation, I can not buy that Rainbow Dash would pick Tank over a more mobile pet.

I'm going to try to defend Tank's value as a pet. First off, he isn't the worst pet for Rainbow Dash. He shares many virtues with her, such as determination, toughness, and all around amazingness, as well as loyalty to friends. His lack of mobility mainly serves as a source of irony (obviously, since he belongs to the fastest Pegasus of all time ;) )Second, her choice of Tank revealed some character development and depth of personality, in that she was willing to select for love and devotion as important qualities, even if Tank slows her down the importance is their connection, not what Tank can or can't do.But you're free to think what you will, and I agree, Angel is pretty cool :)
  • Brohoof 3

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Rainbow+Dash+and+Twilight+Sparkle.+Im+gonna+upload+pics+now_9ea5bc_3202365.jpg

It's hard to pick a favorite. Philomena is awesome, Owowlicious is helpful, Tank is cute, etc. Guess I'll go with Philomena though.

Opalescence is the worst. Angel is a dick but it's dramatic irony since he's the pet of the kindest pony, ergo, he's pretty funny. Opal on the other hand is just there. Being annoying. I love cats but I don't like her attitude or her appearance for that matter xD

I used to like Angel the best. I mean, why hate him? Have you seen him in Hurricane Fluttershy? He may be demanding, but after he has learned his lesson, he can be extremely loyal.

Tank is okay. I think the only reason that peope like him so much is because they like his owner. Rainbow Dash honestly didn't deserve Tank after the way she treated him. Or any of the animals. They were Fluttershy's, and she almost killed them for her own desire.

Now my favorite is Winona, not only because she's Applejack's pet, but also because she was so epic in One Bad Apple. Did you see the way she jumped on the Pinkies like a badass? :D

My least favorite is Opalescence, for obvious reasons.