Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What time do you usually go to bed?

Bucky McGillyCuddy

Large companies want to take out your health for not much money, so yup, I go to bed at 8PM to try to get up at 3AM for work which I do. End up going to bed at 9-10PM and feeling sleepy and on weekends when I am supposed to sleep 8 hours or 10 hours to compensate, I kind of sleep only 6 and I need at least 8 hours of sleep to feel fine. Anyway on weekeneds and when not having to go to work the next day, usually 1-2AM

Edited by ImtR

1am to 3am.

Because I have to get up at 5am.

And with listening and adrenalin rushes after hearing the smallest sound

and nonsences swirling in my mind

and hardy falling asleep in general

It's not always easy.

Weekends vary.. 1am to 5am (but only if I have enough stuff to do..)

Edited by Suntouched Coco
  • Brohoof 1

It all depends. This week I had finals so I tried to go to bed earlier than usual (key word: tried. the earliest I could was 9:30 PM)

At my mom's (divorced parents), I have a bedtime, so I'm in bed by 10:30 -.- Even on weekends.

At my dad's, I don't, so I go to sleep whenever I like. On Friday I had finals so I was in bed at 10:30 PM, but last night I was not tired at all so I went to bed around 11:30-12:00 PM.

I'm always trying to go to bed early, but it doesn't matter. Sometimes i just don't go to bed at all, cause I know that I won't fall asleep anyway. I'm thinking way too much. Is it even normal for a 14 year old girl to think: "Oh, maybe nothing actually is something, beacause it is the non-attendance of something. If you consider non-attendance as something, then yes, nothing is something."

HOWEVER, I usually try to go to sleep about 11 pm... but meh, I fall asleep about 3 - 4 am.

Edited by Shaky Novel

I have extremely bad insomnia. Last week I got a total of 7 hours of sleep the whole time, it's getting worse. But i guess my average bed time is 4AM or something. (I wake up at 5:50 every morning except for weekends)

On weekdays I go to bed at 9pm or 9:30pm. On Weekends and holidays I go to bed at 10pm. Unless I am in the middle of something (Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Sleepover) it will can be anything from 11:30 to 2am.

I go to bed usually around 2 or 3 in the morning. I stay up watching random internet videos and visiting the messed up part of the MLP fandom. I then watch a couple episodes of an anime and nod of to sleep. though, recently i have stayed up to 6 the next morning due to boredom.

Around 00:00   :ph34r: 

Well but if it is holiday or weekend I could go later. I remember once that I was on computer and hadn't slept yet. Then I heard morning clock and then an adrenaline rush had just started! I closed the computer in a rush and got into bed really fast. Good thing I wasn't spotted. I totally ninja'd mom  ^_^

I usually try to go to sleep around the 10:00pm-12:00am range. I've tried sleeping later, but I always end up waking up in a bad mood due to a lack of sleep. I also exercise a lot so that could explain why I almost instantly fall asleep when I hit the hay. If you're having trouble falling asleep try exercising throughout the day, it forces your body to work and get tired so that it may have an easier time shutting down completely when you go to bed. I used to have some difficulty falling asleep, but after exercising, I got it completely under control  -_- .

It always ends up around 12:00, both on weekends and weekdays. I want to go earlier, preferably 11:00 PM, but my mind's all like "fuck you" and keeps me awake til' 12:00 or more anyway. 

Being unemployed has really distorted my perception of time. New Year's resolutions are something I've always avoided, but this year I made one to start going to bed earlier. For the most part I've been successful, allowing myself a few liberties on weekends. Fridays and Saturdays I'll stay up as late as I please for the stream/pony mareathon and new episode, and to play some games. On Sundays I do my best to get in bed by a decent but unspecified hour; any time before midnight I'll consider a success.

Monday through Thursday my aim is to be in bed by no later than 11 PM (23:00). Assuming I go to bed at 11 and fall asleep right away — and it won't take long if I take a melatonin before lying down — I can get up at 07:00 the next morning with 8 hours of sleep. Or I can get up as early as 06:00 and still be sufficiently rested with only 7 hours. Getting up early makes the whole day seem longer even if you are getting the same amount of sleep.

The past two nights saw me hit the hay at 9 and 10:25, respectively. I've been dreadfully sick and spent most of both days sleeping, so it's not very accurate to say that I "went to bed" at any time.

I believe Benjamin Franklin's saying about "early to bed, early to rise," but I also believe what Yakko said, that "Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, but socially dead." That's why I make exceptions for the weekend.

I also exercise a lot so that could explain why I almost instantly fall asleep when I hit the hay. If you're having trouble falling asleep try exercising throughout the day, it forces your body to work and get tired so that it may have an easier time shutting down completely when you go to bed.

When I'm waiting for a game to load (which rarely takes more than a few seconds), formatting something (takes a bit longer); or running some updates or compiling something (time varies), I'll hit the floor and and do as many pushups as possible before whatever task I'm waiting on finishes. It's a good way to keep yourself active if you find yourself parked in front of a computer for long periods of time and many of your computer-related activities involve a lot of waiting.

• 4 months later...

I believe Benjamin Franklin's saying about "early to bed, early to rise," but I also believe what Yakko said, that "Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, but socially dead."

There's a better version of that: "Early to bed, early to rise, and your girl goes out with other guys."

I normally go to bed around 11:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. But now that it's summer I go to bed between 1:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m., and I've even stayed up as late (early?) as 4:30 a.m. It's pretty stupid, really. I should go to bed earlier.

(epic bump ftw)

Since I work 7am shifts a few days a week it is very important for me to keep a set sleep schedule of course even before I had my job I had one though it has varied according to my tastes and needs. Currently I go to bed around 10pm and wake up at 6am but go to bed at 9:30pm and wake up at 5:30am if I have to work at 7am the next morning.

I'll usually stay up until 11 or so during the weekdays. I usually go to bed anywhere from 12-3 on the weekends.

Now, when I actually fall asleep is a different story...

If I get too much sleep, say, more than 6 hours, I become completely useless. As a result, I'm usually up at ludicrous hours of the early morning.

Weekdays: 1:00-3:00 A.M.

Weekends: as long as I can go. 5:00 A.M. last night.

Lately I've been going to bed around 1 to 3 am I think I should be going to bed a bit earlier though because I'm pretty tired for the rest of the day :D

On weekdays/school days, I go to sleep at about 11:00 pm but on the weekends I have the freedom to stay up as much as I want then I go to bed.

Most of the time it's 11:00 pm. The latest I've gone is midnight, even with lots of homework on my back. Even then, I still get good grades anyway. So much for staying up all night for homework eh?

(edited)

1-4 AM, depending on if I have school, work, and homework on the same day. Up at 6:30 AM on weekdays. Some days I don't understand how I function normally. Stupid school cut my 9 months course down into 6 the day I arrived, so the amount of work to do gets disgusting at times. Standing in place and feeling dizzy at the same time for no reason isn't a fun experience. At least it'll be over soon.

Edited by GeneralDirection

1-2 AM when I have to go to school the next day and 2-6 AM when I don't have anything the next day, I know it's bad for me because I'm only 14, but I think sleep is overrated happy.png