Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What game series do you think needs to make a return?

ReGen

Self-explanatory.

King's Field

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5KvrbZvmMw

One of my favorite RPG series, King's Field really needs an update. In case you don't know it, it's a first-person RPG with a bit of horror mixed in that was primarily on the PS1. The latest game, The Ancient City, was released on the PS2 in 2002.

Legacy of Kain

This one's a bit more popular than the last one, but just as fun. Although i've only played Soul Reaver and Defiance (Which happens to be the last one), i've become interested in the series' story and characters.

And Raziel is best pony.

games-raziel-soul-reaver-wallpaper.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Naughty Dog needs to return to this series and make a fourth installment for the ps3! I really miss this trilogy and would kill to see a revival in it again <3

Jak3Wallpaper.png

UUUGGGH. How could I forget to mention my childhood favorites!?

scootaloo_pianoheadsmashsmall_display.gi

And they better not buck it up! I'll sic Goku on them!

Goku does owe me one....

• Brohoof 2

bully_logo_490.jpg

Do I really need to explain this one?

I loved playing this game. I only recently played it...since I just moved to America a couple years ago.

One of my favorite games on the older consoles. PS2 or Xbox both provide a fun experience and then having it on the 360 is also fun, but I don't have a 360.

They should remaster Bully into an HD version and put it on Playstation store...I heard rock star was planning Bully 2 but GTA 5 and Max Payne 3 sidetracked them.

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer
  • Brohoof 4

Considering my recent purchases...

post-461-0-28220400-1356563275_thumb.jpg

I just can't really...

post-461-0-34932200-1356563283_thumb.jpg

Come to...

post-461-0-50168300-1356563333.jpg

Some sort of...

post-461-0-69976900-1356563292_thumb.jpg

Logical conclusion...

post-461-0-03530900-1356563368_thumb.jpg

To that question there...

post-461-0-87939400-1356563381_thumb.jpg

Idk.... probably some game that never quite got the attention it quite deserved...

...at least outside of Japan.

• Brohoof 5

Black_Dvd_ntsc.jpg

Criterion seriously should consider making a 2nd Black for the ps3 or 360! I LOVED this game and it made you powerful getting to run through ammunition as you hear and see all the beautiful explosions/sounds of the guns... That game was amazing :D

• Brohoof 2

This isn't really a series of games by any chance, but I would love to see a Crusader of Centy sequel or remake; probably a remake since everything was prettymuch solved at the end of the game. It's this really fun Zeldaesque game where instead of using items you use these animal things. The story's that you were cursed by this one fortune teller who removed your ability to speak with humans and instead made it so you are only able to talk with animals, so essentially your goal is to find her but things get way more interesting as things go on. It has all sorts of weird Biblical references in it even including quite literally places from the Bible and hey, Sonic's in it.

Crusader_of_Centy_Wtf_Moment_by_kongrega

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

I would love to see Spyro return to his roots (meaning Insomniac should retake the helms) and make a Collectors Edition game for PS3 and include a forth game made by them

To be honest... Insomniac did FAR BETTER with Spyro than people who now own it. (With exception to A Hero's Tail)

• Brohoof 4

Banjo Kazooie! I Love banjo and he hasn't had a game in 4 years. Some of the head desisgners expressed interest in making another but they don't work for Rare anymore so idk what will happen

attachicon.gifBK.jpg

I never played Banjo Kazooie because despite my age, I was never really that into the N64 era of console games.

But Banjo Kazooie is quite the tragic figure in games when you think of it.

Its not just a game series that disappeared, but was unjustly killed off at its peak.

I mean Banjo-Tooie even hints at a 3rd installment, so Banjo-Threeie is a game that fans were rightfully hyped up for.

But before Threeie could go anywhere Rare was purchased by Microsoft to make... really nothing all that great??

There was a bad Perfect Dark sequel, some lame early Xbox 360 title, Viva Pinata (which I personally loved, but it wasn't anything great). And then finally Rare develops Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts which literally downright insults the franchise.

A lot of people I know wish Rare would get off their asses and make a REAL Banjo Threeie, but their trust is misplaced. Rare is not the Rare it used to be. Its a hallowed out carcass of a once great game development company.

I feel it would be better if Rare, or more accurately Microsoft, would just sell the franchising rights, just so Banjo Threeie can happen.

Even if it sucks, fans can get some sort of closure. Like the Duke Nukem Forever of 3D Platformers, let's just get it done and over with.

---

My personal opinion is just that there are still great platformers.

Nintendo is the main home for platformers, though Rayman seems to be the best platforming franchise lately.

Little Big Planet is pretty fun if you have a PS3.

There are also MANY indie games that are great platformers in their own right.

And hey even Double Fine has expressed a lot of interest in Psychonauts 2 (the sequel to my all time favorite 3D Platformer), if only they could get the funding to make it.

I have no personal stake in reviving Banjo, but hey if it gets fans of the platforming genre happy, then its fine with me!

• Brohoof 2

img-1029420-1-Black_Dvd_ntsc.jpg

Criterion seriously should consider making a 2nd Black for the ps3 or 360! I LOVED this game and it made you powerful getting to run through ammunition as you hear and see all the beautiful explosions/sounds of the guns... That game was amazing :D

Heck yea! I have this for my Xbox and it's awesome!

I could never beat the third mission.... Even on easy.  :(

I would love to see Spyro return to his roots (meaning Insomniac should retake the helms) and make a Collectors Edition game for PS3 and include a forth game made by them

To be honest... Insomniac did FAR BETTER with Spyro than people who now own it. (With exception to A Hero's Tail)

This as well. The older Spyro games got it right, up until A New Beginning.  <_<

And Year of the Dragon is the best. Hands down.  :D

• Brohoof 1

Also another series that i think got underrated was Homefront. That game was awesome just everypony was too harsh on it. Multiplayer was sweet.

I have no personal stake in seeing a Homefront revival, but I suppose I should tell you that THQ has hinted that a Homefront sequel is being in the works, despite THQ being nearly dead (filing for a major bankruptcy is never a good sign).

THQ has state that even if they go down (which seems likely imo) that their scheduled projects will see the market, so good news for you! Homefront 2 will probably be a thing come next year (or near future)!

• Brohoof 1

I have no personal stake in seeing a Homefront revival, but I suppose I should tell you that THQ has hinted that a Homefront sequel is being in the works, despite THQ being nearly dead (filing for a major bankruptcy is never a good sign).

THQ has state that even if they go down (which seems likely imo) that their scheduled projects will see the market, so good news for you! Homefront 2 will probably be a thing come next year (or near future)!

I would love to see a homefront2. Also it has been hinted that homefront2 will be using crytek engine the same engine as crysis is using.

• Brohoof 1

Doom series,i miss that horror shooting. Not much horror shooters are there today,if any. Also it had something special in it that makes it different from other shooters. 

DOOM 4 has been in the works for years now.

Though I don't think it will look a lot like DOOM 3 because its unpopular with fans. I personally found it disappointing and trying way too hard to show off graphics rather than be a fun action packed shooter like the earlier installments.

My guess it'll be a much more fast paced action game than a horror game. It may have a few horror elements carry over from DOOM 3, but how much I really can't say.

• Brohoof 2

Though I don't think it will look a lot like DOOM 3 because its unpopular with fans. I personally found it disappointing and trying way too hard to show off graphics rather than be a fun action packed shooter like the earlier installments.

My guess it'll be a much more fast paced action game than a horror game. It may have a few horror elements carry over from DOOM 3, but how much I really can't say.

I hope it dosent have too little of the horror left. I think bethesda is stopping doom 4 from coming out because they want their own games to sell well.Also bethesda owns the studio that makes doom.

Not really a game, but a handheld.  The Gamboy SP, I think it was a very nice handheld, in my opinion one of the best if not the best handheld ever made.

I doubt that nitendo will ever rive gameboy,because they have their nitendo ds and such. If something would happen and bring nitendo ds reputation down then we might see a new gameboy.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I like DOOM 3 but it's more of a generic horror game than a DOOM game. Still a really good game, just that I think it would've been best to sign it off as a spin-off or as another game.

• Brohoof 1

I wanna see the Starlancer/Freelancer series return. It wasn't really a game series per se, but they are set in the same universe. Freelancer was origianlly going to be a trilogy of three games. I played Freelancer for thousands of hours easily. The modding community was huge! And even with the Microsoft servers down, there are still a few servers up running mods.

Yeah, I like DOOM 3 but it's more of a generic horror game than a DOOM game. Still a really good game, just that I think it would've been best to sign it off as a spin-off or as another game.

I think it was originally a spin-off, but id software needed money... so...

Just slap a 3 on there and watch it rain money!

But it definitely didn't feel like a real DOOM game, it was still good on its own, but since it was forced onto the main series it just doesn't hold up!

• Brohoof 1

three letters

G-E-X that's right, Gex!

attachicon.gifGex-3D-Enter-the-Gecko.jpg

this game was my childhood, whats more awesome than a game about a Gecko that has a TV obsession and has the ability to jump into said TVs

AAAUAUGHJHGSH! How could I forget this underrated gem!?

31631__safe_pinkie-pie_fluttershy_rarity

*Calms down*

I absolutely loved the series! :) 

Gex 3 and Enter the Gecko are my favorites!