Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the worst game you've ever played in your entire life?

Chuckles4lyfe

Speedy Gonzales for the Game Boy. It's like Sonic with all the fun sucked out of it (it really is, it's a Sonic clone), and with horrible, unresponsive controls to boot.

Aliens: Colonial Marines: It was an outright lie and it was broken.

Binding of Isaac: I just don't understand it, why does everyone hype over this game?

Skyrim: Yawnfest

Kane and Lynch Dog Days: It just ends.  No real payoff.  Also, what the hay is with the found footage look?

and if I reeeeeeaaaally had to nit pick:

Poker: Anything with the word poker in it that involves playing cards.  I can't get into it, I can't understand it.  My brain just hurts from trying my hardest to learn it.  I hate it when a game comes out like Watch_Dogs and it has Texas Poker.  Just for fluff.  Like Angry Joe said, "quality over quantity".

Those are the ones off the top of my head so far.

I don't know how I got it, but the worst game I have ever played was Bubsy 3D for PlayStation. It was buggy, and had no plot or reason to it! I played it for about five minutes before saying "Buck this game."

I could forgive Shadow the Hedgehog somewhat, as I was a child when I played, and finished, it, and it introduced me to the Sonic the Hedgehog series anyway. Ironic, yes. Confusing as hell when faced with all the Sonic Adventure 2 references (or "flashbacks") later in the story? Hell yes. But playing it again as an older teen, yeah nostalgia doesn't save it. Not very good.

However, an even worse game, for me, is Fable III. That came with my Xbox, along with Halo: Reach, and there's such a difference in quality between the two, it's funny.

Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods definitely.

Before "Forsaken Gods", Gothic games were made by Piranha Bytes and they all were actually famous of being good but buggy games. Gothic 3 was very buggy even for Gothic series (release of game was awfully rushed by JoWood which was responsible for releasing previous Gothic games as well) and after it turned out to be unfinished (what a suprise... rushed game seemed unfinished!) JoWood decided to give rights to make game that would continue story of Gothic 3 to some random barely known company known as Trine Games. This is how Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods came to life. And I damn wish it was just a dream. A very bad dream. I will go as far and say that it was just a biggest nightmare I've experienced in my life. "Why?" You probably ask. "Why is this game that bad?" Well, I will save You from doubtful pleasure of checking it Yourself, here comes the explanation.

I can pretty much sum it up with short "it's bad because of every single thing it features", but that would be obviously too easy. (although it is sufficient as "tl;dr" version). 

If You have enough free time (and power of will as it will be very long) then prepare Yourself for epic journey. Journey into my worst nightmare. Game so bad that if You place it on shelf along with other games they all would just fall down from laughter. 

So:

1. Bugs. Major flaw of this game. Biggest one. So big that if I gathered all those bugs and build a bridge with them as my building material I'd be able to get to the moon by foot when walking on it. There are so many of them. Some are funny, some are just bad. Some of them were present in Gothic 3 game (and later patched in that game before even Forsaken Gods was released!!) so it was obvious shameless cashgrab made to milk Gothic fans from money (especially when all hype around the game is considered). What are most interesting bugs? Well... 

- if You jump and press Pg Dn when in the air You start... flying... literally, flying... You just go high in the sky like You were on some kind of space mission.

- many quest items from Gothic 3 are back! And no, they are not useful. You can't sell them, You can't use them, You can't even pick them up. They just are scattered all around the world, because someone was too lazy to remove them.

- "where is guru?" bug - caused by wrong use of PC resources it appears when there is no more space left in RAM memory if I remember right. It was present in Gothic 3 as well, but was removed with first patch (or second one...) it causes game to crash. Simply crash. And You can't predict when will it happen, it is fully random. 

- this game has new monster added. Monster that has no dying animation. In other words - You kill it and it just remains in position it was in when You killed it.

- (funniest one) when You approach one knight in full plate armor with two-handed sword and ask him "what are You doing here?" he answers in...woman's voice that "she was just a simple citizen and was recruited into the army by force" XD 

- the fact that You can't finish this game without patching it, because of bugs is probably something that says enough about this game as well.

-You are almost dead? Worry not! Open Your inventory menu and You instantly become immortal. You are getting chopped with axes, shot with arrows, but You are still kicking not caring about all this mess going on around You. With orcs falling down at You from roof included. And when in inventory menu You can cure Yourself so it's not that You will die after leaving it! But that's not all! If You have luck random enemies will accidentaly hit themselves and then they will just kill each other with no effort required from You! Seriously, I've never experienced THIS before.

- last one worth mentioning (the rest are just random graphic glitches.. lots of them) - You have to talk with one NPC that is supposed to be a king and should be in throne room. He is not there. To get to him You have to use console and command "goto <his name> and it will teleport You to his location. He is in the forest fighting some random wolves. Why? Nobody knows. I think he just decided to go hunting. After all every king likes hunting, right? 

2. Amount of logic is too damn high! 

Story in this game (and not only story!)... I have no words. It is so illogical, stupid, I'll give You probably most ridiculous examples of how stupid can it get.

- You start game after events from Gothic 3, where You literally save the world from going to hell. In Gothic 3 there were 3 endings (for 3 Gods) and in this game events are continued from ending with neutral god, who You've sided with along with Xardas who was one of characters known in Gothic series. Forsaken Gods begin with You arguing with Xardas over world going to hell again. He wants to leave it be, but You need to take action and eventually You go for it! (in poorly shown intro of course).

You wake up in a random god forsaken hole in a bed known in game as Silden. And You already realize that two years is pretty long time. Who cares if You saved this world, fought in epic battles with hordes of enemies and Your actions had impact on entire world. Now Mr. Boss of that hole does not trust You anyway and You have to bring 5 recommendations to him from random peasants who live there. How can You get them?

a) By killing some of weakest creatures in game, opening their stomachs and getting some random herbs they've eaten before

B) By beating up some random crazy guy who thinks he is a bird (I am serious)

c) By beating up some douche who got sex with wife of inn owner. 

I can sense a touch of positivism here. Work at the grass roots to be more specific. 

And let's stop at c) because it's perfect way to describe why logic of this game is overwhelming. Inn owner asks You to beat that guy up, because he is "unable to do it himself". But wait! Just try to pick up AN APPLE and he will storm You with his fists like professional boxer and own You in seconds! So... how was it? Was this apple more important to him than his wife? Or maybe game was written by total idiot? It was rethoretical question. 

-You remember "apple incident"? Well, it's one of only few in game. Because except of that nobody cares that he/she is getting robbed by You. Even kings. You can literally storm a nearest throne room and start gathering everything You can pick up and nobody will care about it. Maybe You were invisible for them when doing that? I wish I knew.

-every Gothic player knows how awesome it was to finally gather some great equipement and use it. Well, in Forsaken Gods it's not that challenging anymore. In chests at the very beginning of game You can already find some of best stuff You can use. Lots of it. And don't worry that You might not be skilled enough to wear/use it. First 30 minutes of game and You can use *almost* every piece of equipment that You can find. Then You can sell the unused equipment for gold. And You have so much gold that then You don't know what to spend it on, because You can find 10 times better items in chests than in shops! Simply perfect! 

-game literally has a quest that makes it later impossible to finish, because that quest is about killing NPC which is crucial in finishing it. 

3. Animations. Not much to say - everyone here walks like he was drunk, jump animation looks hilarious and fighting animations are so bad that even 20 years old games have more exciting combat. It is all just a big joke. 

4. Entire world.

First of all - world in Gothic 3 had 3 parts: Myrtana (grassy land), Varant (desert) and Nordmand (snow). Here You get only Myrtana, because some random spooky avalanche covered passage to the rest of them with no slightest explanation. And Myrtana itself. It looks kinda like Fallout with grass now. Seriously - I am suprised that I woke up in a bed, not inside a Vault 34 with pip-boy on my left hand. Finding any monster is a miracle, You just walk around empty world, only this world has forests and is green. And were being empty was nice in Fallout: New Vegas here this world is just super boring and makes gaming experience even worse. Why did they do it like this? Obviously they were just too lazy to fill world with random creatures. 

Ehh, that is enough. I would have to write entire book if I described EVERY flaw of this game. It is just worst thing ever made by mankind. I think I need a therapist after touching this thing. My sanity dropped down greatly after that. Can anyone give me a hug, please? 

Probably longest post I ever made. But I was bored. I regret nothing. 

• Brohoof 4

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. How something so unbelievably flawed on even the most basic level was released and sold in stores is unfathomable

Gothic 3

This. Oh my god, this. Gothic 3 was one of the worst games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. 

Adding content, Bound by Flame. The story is literally a ripoff of A Song of Ice and Fire, and it's trying to be the Witcher, except linear, and with a combat system designed by a mentally handicapped ape. Awful.

This. Oh my god, this. Gothic 3 was one of the worst games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. 

Adding content, Bound by Flame. The story is literally a ripoff of A Song of Ice and Fire, and it's trying to be the Witcher, except linear, and with a combat system designed by a mentally handicapped ape. Awful.

Actually I highly doubt it was a ripoff of those since they were not half as popular back then as they are now. And they have no visible similiarities. Story was not great anyway though. 

Fair enough. I just noticed a lot of similarities with ASOIAF with the intro, what with the undead coming out of the frozen wastes and whatnot. I honestly didn't even get out of the first area because the combat was so awful. Also, the VA work was really sub-par. 

(edited)

"Plumber's Dont Wear Ties" for the 3DO was fucking terrible. It barely qualifies as a game and has nothing to do with plumbers, or their apparent inability to wear ties (which is Bullshit). I says that it has FMV but is just a collage of poorly shot grainy pictures. 

k, im done.

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED
  • Brohoof 1

For me, it's a tie between "Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales" for the Atari Jaguar and "Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly" for which I have the PS2 version.

The Bubsy game is just SO frustrating. I mean, the hit detection is shit, the first level (was never able to get past it) is so dull, the enemies are just....forgettable, the jumps are just unfair, and the deaths are SO CHEAP. Granted that goes in with poor hit detection at times, but that doesn't forgive the game of its sins. BAD game.

Spyro: ETD is probably worse for me as I dearly love Spyro (classic, legend, and skylanders) and "Enter the Dragonfly" is just an example of how NOT to make a game. The graphics, while better than the PS1 games, are really sub-par and seemingly unfinished. The humor pretty much went below 'family-level' to just pure childishness at times. Moneybags was even more of a douche than he should've been. Stewart Copelands music was somewhat below his previous work; although it's not THAT bad IMO. Hunter, especially in that opening cutscene, is a ****ing moron! Ripto went from fun and menacing to dull and a joke. The voice work was atrocious at times.

In other words, ETD was a severely rushed game done by amateur studios (whatever happened to Check Six and Equinoxe again?) in order to get to out on time for the holidays. "A Hero's Tail" is a MUCH better game! ETD is just trash.

Bad Rats.

Don't buy it on Steam.

It's a bad game.

I got it for 99 cents. I think it was on sale.

It is awful.

(edited)

I own several of the worst games I've ever played lol.  Castlequest, Time Lord, and Ikari Warriors 2 (all three for NES) are not worthwhile games, imo.  And don't get me wrong - I love love love the NES era; just not those three games. xD  I'll only get into why Castlequest is not enjoyable:

You're a squatty little dude collecting differently colored keys that open doors of a corresponding color.  Music is catchy for all of ten seconds, and then it loops until you want to seek out and murder the horribly misguided composer.  You've got a teeny, nigh useless dagger with which to defend yourself from enemies; though - most cases - you probably won't use it anyhow.  Jumping mechanics are ass (and you'll be doing plenty of jumping), and you fall very slowly for no understandable reason.  Puzzle-solving is aggravating at times because - although object positions will reset when you go off-screen and return - it's sometimes possible to destroy objects you might actually need.  Permanently.  There are rare power-ups that permit you to breathe underwater for A VERY LIMITED TIME.  If you don't grab it, jump in, and get your swim on right quick you'll end up dying.  Oh, here's something awesome: once I went up a room and it decided to place me in a body of water.  So I died.  When I respawned, it was in the same body of water.  So I died.  Over and over and over and over...  Until I turned the system off.  If you don't just happen to know which doors you should actually use your limited number of keys on, it's entirely possible that you could end up stuck.  And, taking into account all the other things wrong with the game, I can't imagine anyone spending a significant amount of time collecting keys and opening doors...  Just to be screwed over in the end.  The entire thing feels like an exercise in futility that plays rather poorly and lacks any redeeming qualities lolz.

Edited by PegaMister

I could say COD or any Assassin's Creed after the first one, mostly because the games are so repetitive and similar to the originals/previous game, but I'll go with something that I actually consider bad instead of just a repeat.

Twisted Metal PS3

I was looking forward to that series coming back more then anything else, and then the game was a huge letdown IMO. There was just so much done wrong with it, from the lack of a roster, to the stupid game modes. Also the idiotic idea to add elements to the actual story mode like "stay in this zone and fight, but be ready to move when the location changes or you'll take massive damage outside of the zone". Can't forget the huge focus on online play, which made the story suffer. Black did it perfectly, bring that to modern graphics and add online modes. Instant GOTY. So glad my PS3 plays PS2 games. If trading in games was actually worth anything, I would have. Instead I kept it just because it's TM and I own all the rest.

I absolutely despised Sonic 06, but it's been said too much so I'll go with something I haven't seen on this thread.

I hate Slender. It's just a ridiculously overhyped game based on a creepypasta that was created years ago. There is no goal or objective; you just walk around and try to find 8 pages. When you get them all, nothing happens. There is no reward. The game also isn't scary; even with the lights off and headphones in, the only reason it made me jump was because of that annoying dial-up internet noise that plays when Slenderman pops up. Much annoyed, very headache. Hate hate HATE this game. 

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely despised Sonic 06, but it's been said too much so I'll go with something I haven't seen on this thread.

I hate Slender. It's just a ridiculously overhyped game based on a creepypasta that was created years ago. There is no goal or objective; you just walk around and try to find 8 pages. When you get them all, nothing happens. There is no reward. The game also isn't scary; even with the lights off and headphones in, the only reason it made me jump was because of that annoying dial-up internet noise that plays when Slenderman pops up. Much annoyed, very headache. Hate hate HATE this game. 

Finally someone who can agree with me. Also, not to mention that the game is ridiculously short as it only takes ten minutes to beat.

• Brohoof 1