Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mass Effect Thread

Mint Petal

So, with Mass Effect 3 releasing the the United States on March 6th, I've decided to replay both Mass Effect games to prepare. This seems to have rekindled my love for (in my opinion) the best sci-fi game. Its plot, its characters, its races, all attribute to its success.

Feel free to discuss anything Mass Effect related here, be it strategies, relationships, or even how awesome your own Commander Shepard is!

---

On the note of relationships, I always seem to go for Tali. I don't know why, but to me, all the other girls in the game are just plain flat. I've yet to finish the game with a female Shepard though. Maybe I'll romance Garrus, maybe Thane? I dunno. :huh:

Then again, Thane is dying, so I'm not sure how he'll hold up in Mass Effect 3. Oh well, only one way to find out!

Keelah Se'lai!

I played both parts and they were simply amazing. I played ME2 first, then ME1, then I imported my ME1 save to ME2 and I'v like halfway through and I hope to finish the game to have a save to import to ME3 when it comes out. Can't wait. <3

• 1 month later...

Yeah, but vanguard does have a big advantage against guardians with pull (with the Drell). Other than that i try to stay with an adept or sentinel. Also, weapon choice? I usually stick with a carnifex so i can pull easy headshots while still having a good ability recharge speed. or is the Phlanix (I dont know how to spell it) better?

Yeah, but vanguard does have a big advantage against guardians with pull (with the Drell). Other than that i try to stay with an adept or sentinel. Also, weapon choice? I usually stick with a carnifex so i can pull easy headshots while still having a good ability recharge speed. or is the Phlanix (I dont know how to spell it) better?

I think you're pretty well off.

If anything it's probably based on a good part on the team you play with. Since this game success rate can really depend on that.

One of the few i've played where everyone needs to be on the same page.

I think you're pretty well off.

If anything it's probably based on a good part on the team you play with. Since this game success rate can really depend on that.

One of the few i've played where everyone needs to be on the same page.

Sadly, that doesn't happen as much as it should. People usually keep thier mics unpluged.
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to resurrect this thread.

I bought ME1 and 2 over the holidays on Steam for the amazing price of $5 a-piece. Mind. Blown.

Gotta say I prefer the more RPG-focused style of ME1 over the more FPS cover-based rail-shooter (ish) ME2... but the story escalates and builds on itself so well that it was hardly a dent on my enjoyment of the game.

ME3 has gone slightly back to the ME1 mold, but not quite enough IMO. Guess I'm asking for a concept that EA/Bioware are just not interested in delivering any longer. Then again, I was too busy being completely sucked into the events of a whole galaxy going to war to care! ME3 has been delivering on every aspect of the storytelling front. All the recurring characters, the self-deprecating humor, the epic battles... I don't want to spoil any particular points in the story, I'd just like to ask anyone who hasn't given this a chance to please go ahead and do so. EA has not killed the franchise... they're just looking to monetize the crap out of it. I don't blame them a single bit. They deserve your money for delivering this gem to ME fans world-wide.

Now that my fangasm is all over the place (clean-up on aisle 5!), I'd like to see if anypony would like to hook up for some ME3 multiplayer (PC version). Gotta prepare the galaxy for what is to come on the day of the final confrontation!

• Brohoof 1

I would like to resurrect this thread.

I bought ME1 and 2 over the holidays on Steam for the amazing price of $5 a-piece. Mind. Blown.

Gotta say I prefer the more RPG-focused style of ME1 over the more FPS cover-based rail-shooter (ish) ME2... but the story escalates and builds on itself so well that it was hardly a dent on my enjoyment of the game.

ME3 has gone slightly back to the ME1 mold, but not quite enough IMO. Guess I'm asking for a concept that EA/Bioware are just not interested in delivering any longer. Then again, I was too busy being completely sucked into the events of a whole galaxy going to war to care! ME3 has been delivering on every aspect of the storytelling front. All the recurring characters, the self-deprecating humor, the epic battles... I don't want to spoil any particular points in the story, I'd just like to ask anyone who hasn't given this a chance to please go ahead and do so. EA has not killed the franchise... they're just looking to monetize the crap out of it. I don't blame them a single bit. They deserve your money for delivering this gem to ME fans world-wide.

Now that my fangasm is all over the place (clean-up on aisle 5!), I'd like to see if anypony would like to hook up for some ME3 multiplayer (PC version). Gotta prepare the galaxy for what is to come on the day of the final confrontation!

I assume you'll say the same thing about Sim City 5.

So i got the game the day it came out and i'm really enjoying it so far. But apparently from what i heard the ending is bad and i mean like Bioware spitting in your face bad. Anyway has anyone else been playing this game? Did you enjoy it? Any moments that made you cry? Or are you waiting to buy it later. Also who's your favorite character? Mine's Joker

(SPOILERS)

I cried when Thane died which really suprised me considering i barely talked to him

Edited by Zooop
Please put spoilers in spoiler tags.

Ending is horrible and the scene is heavily "inspired" from the first google images result of "winter space".

You cannot be serious? I'm dying, really, that's just rich.

Pity is that I'll probably still wind up buying the entire series over spring break just for the sake of blowing some cash. I'm no better.

My understanding is that the ending depends upon whether or not you indulge in the multiplayer aspect of the game. That to me seems...ridiculous, given that up until now it's been purely single player.

Note that I have no idea what the ending actually is yet. I've avoided all spoilers in the hopes that my first playthrough will be a really good one. I'm playing through with my Renegade game, because my Paragon game of Mass Effect 2 wasn't quite as complete as I thought it was and I was too upset to try and finish out the Mass Effect 2 stuff first.

I just might restart my Paragon file all over again from the beginning of Mass Effect 1 though given some of what I've read about how the ending depends greatly upon having enough Paragon points, which requires perfect choices throughout both 1 and 2.

Edited by Kyronea

I'm loving it so far. I haven't read the endings and I'm not going to, but a friend has told me they are pretty awful. Has anypony tried the multiplayer yet? I got hooked on it straight away and I'm a little ashamed to say I've spent more time on it than the single player. It does seem a bit unfair that the people who don't want to play it miss out on the single player story.