Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Well, that's the last time I ever buy anything pony-related in public.

Yes-Man

I went to Hot Topic to buy a pony shirt(and other pony stuff).

I was in the MLP section, and some little kid walks up to me,and about to ask me something, then his sister pulls him away and says to him very loudly, "Come on Tyler, we don't associate with bronies"

Then I decided to wear the Derpy, Dr.Whooves, and Twilight pins that I got on the new laniard, and as I was walking people kept looking at me funny and whispering things to each other and laughing.

The high point was when some little kid asked me for directions, and his mother pulled him away, and took it upon herself to tell the security guard about the "pedofiliac with the My Little Pony pins"

It was awful.

• Brohoof 20

If I were in your situation, I would think the entire thing was more so humourous than humiliating/negative in any way, shape or form.

It's hilarious to see how people squirm because someone is different. They're all so pathetic that I get a jolly laugh out of it.

• Brohoof 27

If I were in your situation, I would think the entire thing was more so humourous than humiliating/negative in any way, shape or form.

It's hilarious to see how people squirm because someone is different. They're all so pathetic that I get a jolly laugh out of it.

Haha, I love it how so many people are so accustomed walking through life, with the most close-minded attitudes ever. Don't worry about it, it's just people being... well, stupid. At least you'll never see them again in your life ^^

• Brohoof 4

Some people are just stupid like that... don't let those people dishearten you, just shop somewhere else or something. Good that you have confidence in yourself though, don't let a few dumb people break that.

• Brohoof 1

Some people are just going to be like that.  If you like to do something, don't let anyone tell you different.  Quite honestly I would've been laughing so hard.  

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like how I felt when I started locking myself inside after moving back to university. Although I imagined everyone looking at me and laughing, it's... more or less real life for you. You're bound to run into ignorant people more than you do with people who are understanding. It's pretty much a fact there. If it was me, I'd just continue as though it's a challenge. People hate me for wearing something I actually like wearing? Fine, I'll keep wearing it.

But... ya gotta do what you feel comfortable doing. I haven't worn anything pony-related because I'm new to this whole fandom, but I'm at the point where I want to wear something subtle but looks cool and - you guessed it - is based from MLP. I know I'm most likely going to get ripped at university societies, but what do I care? The number one thing I hated doing was talking, but since I began streaming playing games, I'm a lot more comfortable with talking. What's to stop me from doing this?

Just mentally salute the people who openly insult you and... well... troll them with your clothing I guess. It's not really trolling, though they have it in their head it is, so they deserve it.

Edited by TooTsaka
  • Brohoof 1

You just gotta brush yourself off and keep moving. I used to be scared of wearing anything MLP related until I realized I was hiding who I really was I still have regrets about my life in high school cause I used to try to fit in too much. The mom who talked about you would feel real stupid if she found out later her child,one of her friends, or possible partner told her they liked MLP so don't worry about it, "Haters gonna Hate".

A vein popped in my head while reading this... 

2161401_1321179917768.38res_308_300.jpg

Hey shinobu's got the right idea... All in all just laugh at them and yeah it is so pathetic how ignorant our society is... it is well pathetically disgusting. Let them rot for all I care, carry on wearing whatever you feel like wearing. 

BUCK anyone else who opposes  ;)  

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 3

Wow that's horrible that you would be viewed that way by everyone...

That's exactly why I don't go around wearing pony stuff in public...I don't want to be judged like that by people, it would really bother me.

First of all, I cant beleive that has actually happened. Are people of society really that cruel and shallow-minded? I would just ignore them completely if I were in your position. Brones need to tolerate the haters. I hope this cheers you up at least.

• Brohoof 2

I personally don't wear anything that prominently displays my interests of any kind. It just doesn't seem really relevant to share with people who aren't also interested, and there are plenty of other ways to connect with those who are. If they're not only uninterested but also heavily disapproving, then I get the added benefit of avoiding that confrontation; I don't care what they think so they have no business knowing what I think anyway.

• Brohoof 1

People are gonna judge no matter what. It's up to us as to wither we back down and give in or smile, laugh and shake our heads.

"We don't associate ourselves with Bronies." Oh gawd... it's too bad you didn't use that nuke ammunition that she gave you. "Well, thank you kindly ma'am. And much love and tolerance to you too." Tip your hat if you have one or give a two fingered salute while you smile.

• Brohoof 1

I would have smirked and in very sexy and stunning way, said ' I would love to spank that flank, thanks for asking!

lolololololol

but then again Im some one that walk around  in a rainbow dash mascot or my cos-play pajamas , nothing really fazes me

edit 
OP never stated or hinted at the age the "sister looks like" Im assuming old enough since she know what a brony is and ballz enough to say that out loud as well with the mother.. that would have gave her attest a reason to be worried.lol

Edited by MadDoggyca

I would have smirked and in very sexy and stunning way, said ' I would love to spank that flank, thanks for asking!

lolololololol

Picture to the left and up related.

But boy, what douche-nuzzles. Calling someone a pedophile is pretty much slandering at the highest degree.

Edited by derpstar

though I must admit I never put on anything brony related that not a full costume, apparently there's deference between wearing a pony and actually being the pony.

the only negative reaction i get are online comments only form people hiding behind a screen. for all I know they could be fans as well just trying to act tough.

how ever im always in the toy section in wal-mart, super store, and toyRus looking for really kool pony stuff. no one given me the dirty look yet. Nothing beats ebay for pony shopping though

just a recap of my example

negative comments online, in person epic response by real people that are not afraid to show there face, let along may not even be fans of the show it self

just for Yes_Man234 I will personally go out with my suit on a very busy weekend and preform a "the pony experiment" were  I have have a some one with experience in digital video recording follow me around well I personally will go up to kids, teens and parents of all ages and ask there option about the show, and people that are fans of it. I willing to bet the response will be quite shocking

Edited by MadDoggyca
  • Brohoof 1

Some people here don't really understand that for some it's really hard to just laugh at situations like these. Personally i never go out with anything exactly for these kinds of reasons. Plus the fact that there are no pony merchandise in our country :P Wish i had a shirt tho :(

Ugh, Assholes - 1 Humanity - 0. Again...

I don't understand why this sort of thing happens; can't people just let other be? You know, live and let live, that sort of thing? I mean, it's one thing for someone who knows you to maybe have a nudge at you for it in a jokey manner but when the general public thinks it is acceptable to laugh at and openly ridicule someone based on their TV and clothing preferences it makes me want to punch walls.

Edited by Archi
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know what to say. Rage and confusion building...

*takes moment to gather thoughts*

Of all places for that to occur...Hot Topic? Normally everyone I've ever met there has been pretty culturally progressive, customers and merchants alike. Even if they didn't understand the brony culture, they at least accepted it, and usually with healthy curiosity. And the later incident with the woman and the security guard? Well, she's just a dumbass, plain and simple. If it were me in either situation I would've probably replied in a way I'd probably immediately regret.

In a way, I feel pity for them, too. There's so much they miss out on in life by having such a narrow worldview, afraid to deviate even slightly from cultural norms. Outbursts like that are never just limited to hate against bronies, and is usually indicative of even deeper-seeded prejudices that go back much further.

Just goes to show, we've changed a lot of hearts and minds in our world, but it looks like we've still have a lot of work to do, everypony!

If anything this is evidence you should keep wearing your pony merch. If you don't, if you cave in to a sense of fear or shame, then they win. This is how they want you to feel. Resist! I say! :)

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

That's the world for you. For what it's worth, despite all the pointing and laughing people get for doing highly unusual things a lot of innovation and happiness has actually come out of it.

That really really really...sucks.

And I'm not one to curse often on these forums.  But for this, I have to.  That sucks.

And in Hot Topic?  A place practically for bronies.

They have pony shirts for men.  Of course people are going to buy them.

And the other thing.

Oh dear God.

That just...pisses me off so much.

What does she know?  About you?  About any of us?

This post isn't helping anything.

I'm going to try and calm down now.

Why have not a single one of you actually questioned where these people got their hate to begin with? Everything has a point of origin and hate is a learned trait, for something has to come from somewhere. At some point something had to instill the idea of hate towards brony's and i would seriously wonder and question where it came from. The comment of "we don't associate with brony's" means someone or something convinced these people something is wrong with us. Do you even realize that this kind of thing then get's passed on to other people as they will start trying to convince others they know about why they believe there is something wrong with us and attempt to convince the uninformed whom will easily agree with whatever they say?

I'm not hating or being intolerant here but I feel i must point out that if anything, that is a sign that something is at work that we aren't seeing and I would like to know what it is...

Stupid....they might have heard of the show, but they don't need to treat you like crap because of it. Sad how people treated you like that! Their the ones being rude, not you. 

Just ignore them and don't worry about it. There are plenty of other bronies who have experienced the same exact thing as you. It's a shame how people are so quick to judge. I bet if they were to see the pony section in a store like Hot Topic they might understand a little. Well, screw those people. You like what you like. People just don't understand the awesomeness of the show. And one day you'll walk around there wearing that stuff, and you'll end up meeting another brony....I'm sure of it! Those guys think their badass because they don't like ponies? Ha, wrong. Just ignore them, but if someone starts being scared of you, you stand up for yourself. Don't let them treat you like you have some virus.

Brony on, my friend!! (\

Edited by Pixiesong