Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books The Book Thread

Octavia2

I'm almost done with Voyage of Slaves from the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series. I also learned there's another book in the series before VoS so I'm gonna have to read that sometime. But after I'm done with this book I'm gonna read the two newest Redwall books and then give the Twilight series a shot. I've heard how they are bad to anyone but fangirls but after seeing some of the movies I'm slightly interested in the vampire vs werewolf part of the story. I'll give it a shot, at least.

Then I still need to get to reading Narnia, re-reading Dune then reading it's sequels, Inheritance Cycle book 4 came out today so I'll have to get that sometime too. Perhaps I should re-read the rest of the books to refresh my memory.

I'm almost done with Voyage of Slaves from the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series. I also learned there's another book in the series before VoS so I'm gonna have to read that sometime. But after I'm done with this book I'm gonna read the two newest Redwall books and then give the Twilight series a shot. I've heard how they are bad to anyone but fangirls but after seeing some of the movies I'm slightly interested in the vampire vs werewolf part of the story. I'll give it a shot, at least. Then I still need to get to reading Narnia, re-reading Dune then reading it's sequels, Inheritance Cycle book 4 came out today so I'll have to get that sometime too. Perhaps I should re-read the rest of the books to refresh my memory.

i tried to read narnia, couldn't do it.

i tried to read narnia, couldn't do it.

I have all of the Narnia books somewhere, and I should probably read them just for the sake of reading them eventually. Can't do that now though.

Because I'm reading Bloodstains and worshiping H. H. Holmes too much to bother with fairy tales. Bloodstains' author, Jeff Mudgett (Holmes' great great grandson) is bloody mental and I love it.

I've only seen the movie for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe so I honestly don't know if I will or won't like the series. I have this giant book that has all of the entries in it that I can read.

I just finished reading the latest Percy Jackson book, The Son of Neptune, by Rick Riordan. Very good stuff right there. It's aimed at the 'young adult' audience, but hey if we can like MLP... :o

For those who don't know, but might be interested, Percy Jackson is a modern fantasy series, much like Harry Potter, where the Greek gods of old are real and alive in the world today. They have migrated west with civilization and lurk in the shadows, influencing society like they always did in the past. There are monsters like Hydras, Minotarus, Cyclopes, and many more, and there are demigods, who are the heroes of the stories. Like Hercules of old, the main characters in the series are the half-children of the gods and have to fight a whole slue of enemies who are trying to overthrow civilization. It's some pretty epic stuff. I recommend it. :)

I just finished reading the latest Percy Jackson book, The Son of Neptune, by Rick Riordan. Very good stuff right there. It's aimed at the 'young adult' audience, but hey if we can like MLP... :o

For those who don't know, but might be interested, Percy Jackson is a modern fantasy series, much like Harry Potter, where the Greek gods of old are real and alive in the world today. They have migrated west with civilization and lurk in the shadows, influencing society like they always did in the past. There are monsters like Hydras, Minotarus, Cyclopes, and many more, and there are demigods, who are the heroes of the stories. Like Hercules of old, the main characters in the series are the half-children of the gods and have to fight a whole slue of enemies who are trying to overthrow civilization. It's some pretty epic stuff. I recommend it. :)

lol Dude, Redwall is said to be a children's book yet I have never found it to be just that. I would definitely like any book that is epic even if it's meant for a younger audience. :P

Also, isn't that the same series with The Lightning Thief that was turned into a movie? I haven't seen it but I only know it through there. The book covers at Wal Mart made it look like it'd be a great series. They say not to judge a book by it's cover but you can usually tell from the cover just what kind of book it is imo.

Yes, this is the book series that the Lightning Thief movie was based on. But don't watch the movie, at least not first. They really really did a disappointing job on the movie. So much was left out, things were changed. It made me sad. :(

The books are awesome though. They cover the adventures of a group of demigods who meet at a place called Camp Half-Blood. It's a lot like Hogwarts, but for children of the gods, rather than wizards. Get a copy of Lightning Thief and read it, I'm sure you'll love it. :)

Reminds me of watching the Eragon movie. I was like "What the hell, man. They left out so much and that guy didn't even die the same as in the book!"

Oh btw, I just found a funny comic about Twilight fans. xD

Posted Image

I'm not into hating on Twilight, I do plan to read them, but I still find things like this funny.

I've never been much a reader at all, and it's not cause I hate reading or anything. I have a great imagination so when I read a book I easily get a visual of the whole story, but the problem is I have TOO much of an imagination. Within reading about five pages my own mind takes over and I lose the whole book. Then eventually I come back to reality and find that I've traversed 50 more pages and haven't got a clue what happened inbetween.

So I don't read books, but that's okay it gives me more time for other things anyways ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Only halo book I have read is Ghosts Of Onyx.

I loved it.

But I also stole it from my drama class.

Halo Glasslands does continue the story of Ghosts of Onyx (though it's not the main plot this time around). So if you ever see it in drama class be sure to steal it ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Absolutely love this book and author. Elric of Melnibone by Michael Moorcock has maybe been the best thing I've ever read for awhile and have kept my attention going. Its a bit of a old book, but I don't really care. Anything by Michael Moorcock I have found to like because a lot of ideas he has and concepts are great. He even throws multi-universes in a lot of his books.

Other wise, currently I'm going classical with Brave New World and finished Fahrenheit 451 over the summer and liked it pretty well. If you haven't noticed, I am a fan of science fiction books.

Lmao Twilight!!! I read all of them and they aren't that bad.

In my opinion they were pretty good. I kind of read it before it became all corrupt (when the movies came out). I was younger though, so maybe its not as good as I thought. If anything, I would say its decently written.