Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people hate on BlueBlood?

100 beasts kaidou

Just gonna get this off my chest.

BLUEBLOODXBIGMAC 

Practically my OTP

anyways...

I think Blueblood was probably spoiled so his bad attitude is not entirely his fault.

So I do pity him more than hate him I guess.

But damn some of the Rarity bashing going on here is breaking my heart  :(

I love her so! You are too cruel sir  <_<

Rarity must die! THIS IS BLUEBOOD *kicks you into a hole."

Anyway I dont pity him, his attitude is what makes him cool, If he was a villain He would be perfect.

1) Rainbow dash acts like a stallion. 2) Pinkie Pie acts like a child. 3) Discord or King Sombra dont treat thier Mare Victims any better than their Stallion ones Why arent they also hated?

Because they are likable.  Rainbow Dash may be arrogant sometimes, but she is still likable.  Pinkie Pie may be annoying sometimes, but she is still likable. 

Prince Blueblood has nothing that I find likable in the least.

(forgive me if I'm wrong, but you almost seem like a troll to me xD)

1) Rainbow dash acts like a stallion. 2) Pinkie Pie acts like a child. 3) Discord or King Sombra dont treat thier Mare Victims any better than their Stallion ones Why arent they also hated?

1) She's tomboyish. That's not acting as a Stallion.

2) Pinkie Pie acts as a child, but differently than Blueblood. Don't pretend you don't know this.

3) BECAUSE THEY'RE VILLAINS GODDANMIT!!! I've already said this once, so stop ignoring me. Discord was bad, but he was fun to watch, and we didn't actually see him do anything directly bad to anypony (such as holding them like puppets or throwing them in pits of fire, as it was implied he'd do), and no one likes King Sombra. I mean, he was an awesome villain and all, but he wasn't fun to watch. I'd say he only has more fans than Blueblood because he was more important to the plot. They're not hated because, as villains, what non-villains would be hated for, they're loved. The situation kinda flips upside down when the character is of opposite allignment. We hate Blueblood because he's not a villain, but has all the characteristics of a proper antagonist. I've said that a thousand times already, I should stop repeating myself but you don't seem to be paying attention.

I think hes really awesome and got Swag more than half of the characters in MLP. However people seem to call him an asshole, If you call him an asshole you forget hes almost a mirror of Rarity Minus her element, People call him stuff for expecting Rarity to do stuff for him but your forgeting three things.

1) Early that Episode Rarity made a bunch of stallions carry her and her friends with her charm, but she had no intentions of being in a relation ship with any of them, So why can Rarity take advantage of people but BlueBlood Cant?

2) Hes bedn around servants all his life, He couldnt know better, Real Life nobles many years ago used to spit on peoples faces for nothing, Alteast he gave Raruty a chance.

3) In MLPverse Stallions are the infrerior gender, no matter how much you can deny it, So the chivaly rules should be reversed in MLPverse.

Read those Reassons and lets Worship his swag.

I never said she FORCED THEM, I said she charmed them into it. So just because hes a noble he needs to do what people expect him to do? So the normal people can be Douchebags but he cant?

You said "she made them", which is virtually the same as saying she forced them (or at least, it's an understandable mistake, due to the conflicting information) If someone says "my mom made me do my homework" that implies some kind of coercion.

And yes, someone who has the title of Prince is expected to act better than common folk. Part of being royalty (nowadays) is being pleasant and polite, not just preening and taking everything for granted. That's in real life, too. What's expected of royalty in Equestria is probably even more so. Celestia doesn't act that way, after all.

As for why people don't like Blueblood, you answered your own question: it's because he has all of Rarity's negative qualities with none of her redeeming ones. Rarity without her Element, as you said, which kind of reminds me of something I though of a while back. Perhaps Rarity was not "chosen" as the Element of Generosity because she exemplifies it, but because it's needed to balance out the more selfish aspects of her nature.

One other thing... Blueblood used Rarity as a cake shield. Not so bad in itself, but what if it wasn't a cake? What it was something dangerous? A gentleman should never hide behind a lady. Swag? Please. Spike has ten times the swag in one claw that ol' BB has in his entire body. And Fancy Pants shows how a true high class gentleman should behave, so he has muchas swagas.

Not sure why I'm bothering with this. To judge from your previous responses, you're clearly not going to let anyone's reason sway you from what you believe, but that's your decision.

Edited by Full Spectrum

You said "she made them", which is virtually the same as saying she forced them (or at least, it's an understandable mistake, due to the conflicting information) If someone says "my mom made me do my homework" that implies some kind of coercion.

And yes, someone who has the title of Prince is expected to act better than common folk. Part of being royalty (nowadays) is being pleasant and polite, not just preening and taking everything for granted. That's in real life, too. What's expected of royalty in Equestria is probably even more so. Celestia doesn't act that way, after all.

As for why people don't like Blueblood, you answered your own question: it's because he has all of Rarity's negative qualities with none of her redeeming ones. Rarity without her Element, as you said, which kind of reminds me of something I though of a while back. Perhaps Rarity was not "chosen" as the Element of Generosity because she exemplifies it, but because it's needed to balance out the more selfish aspects of her nature.

One other thing... Blueblood used Rarity as a cake shield. Not so bad in itself, but what if it wasn't a cake? What it was something dangerous? A gentleman should never hide behind a lady. Swag? Please. Spike has ten times the swag in one claw that ol' BB has in his entire body. And Fancy Pants shows how a true high class gentleman should behave, so he has muchas swagas.

Not sure why I'm bothering with this. To judge from your previous responses, you're clearly not going to let anyone's reason sway you from what you believe, but that's your decision.

Okay I made a mistake with saying she made them.

So he HAS to act like a noble because he is one, so a woman must stay in the kitchin? A black guy Must eat chiken wings? Its just stereotypes, Like those he dint CHOOSE to be a noble, He war BORN a noble, Its like saying a smart person has to act nerdy.

So hes not a gentleman. OK. Tell me, is Discord a Gentleman? Is anyone besides Rarity in the mane six acts ladylike? Why arent they hated? And what does Swag has to do with Gentlemenness!

Its notnthat I dont let anybody change my mind, its that nothing has conviened me to believe otherwise

Okay I made a mistake with saying she made them. So he HAS to act like a noble because he is one, so a woman must stay in the kitchin? A black guy Must eat chiken wings? Its just stereotypes, Like those he dint CHOOSE to be a noble, He war BORN a noble, Its like saying a smart person has to act nerdy. So hes not a gentleman. OK. Tell me, is Discord a Gentleman? Is anyone besides Rarity in the mane six acts ladylike? Why arent they hated? And what does Swag has to do with Gentlemenness! Its notnthat I dont let anybody change my mind, its that nothing has conviened me to believe otherwise

Ok, now you're just being ridiculous. That is not stereotypes. Nobility is not a race, a religion, a sex or gender. It's a responsability. And we're not saying "he has to act like that because that's how nobles acts", we're saying "he has to act like that because it's how nobles should act". Think about it. He's a prince, he holds a position in the government. Even if he's just part of a comitee where they vote for new laws, he still has a responsability, and by what we have seen if there's one thing he's not is responsible. Would you want to live in a country with a president that's just a spoiled brat? Like North Korea?

For the last time, stop comparing the two. Discord is a reality-warping chaos spirit who's a villain, Blueblood is just that douche you wouldn't invite to your birthday party, or any party for that matter, he's so obnoxious you just want to pretend he doesn't exist. Like you.

Full Spectrum didn't say one needed to be gentlemanly or ladylike to be liked, he said a member of nobility should. You can't compare the Mane 6 with Fancypants, or Celestia, or Blueblood.

The part about swag was a joke by him, and it was just in answer to you, who was the first to use that word. The fact that you tried attacking a joke tells me that you really are ignoring everything you see is right and attacking blindly everything you don't understand.

And Spectrum is right: you won't let anyone change your mind. Everyone can see. I would have stopped in "ridiculous", but since that wasn't enough characters I decided to show you my thoughts.

You know, I've never seen anyone as obnoxious as you. Most people would simply have given up by this point, but you takes the cake. Instead of giving up, you just keep ignoring every proof that you are wrong and attacking everything people say that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, making you look more and more pathetic with each word you type.

But to tell the truth, I, of all people enjoy a good debate, even agains't an adversary so pitiful as you. So, c'mon. Answer. This amuses me greatly. You'll just be giving me more opportunities to prove you wrong.

EDIT: On another hand, I seem to be letting my evil genius escape. Since the thread creator doesn't seem to be able to come with a convincing argument, I suggest we lock this thread. Of course, that's mighty self-centered of me. But as long as I am allowed to come here, I'll just keep throwing wood and alcohol at the flames, and scream "WAR!".

Edited by SOHCAHTOA

He dint CHOOSE to be a noble, he was born one. So if my dad was a Math teacher It wouldnt be right for me to Hate Math?

This Kid in the anime I watch was ashamed of being a noble.

And how do we know he dint act that way to get rid of all of the gold diggers like Rarity who love him only because hes a prince?

He dint CHOOSE to be a noble, he was born one. So if my dad was a Math teacher It wouldnt be right for me to Hate Math? This Kid in the anime I watch was ashamed of being a noble. And how do we know he dint act that way to get rid of all of the gold diggers like Rarity who love him only because hes a prince?

Because an anime is a totally valid and stable source for forming a point in an argument. I don't even know what to say about the math thing. How does that relates to anything I said? And we don't know, but it's more likely that he's simply a douche than it is that he's pretending to be a douche. Here is something for you to think about: when two people propose different things in an argument, it is up to whoever came with the extraordinary claim to prove that he is right. In our case, the ordinary claim is, "Blueblood is exactly how we see him in the show". The extraordinary claim is "Blueblood was just pretending to be a douche". It makes for a good headcanon in my opinion, but it's easier to believe that there's nothing about him other than what we saw. So, I win by default in this last argument.

Anything else?

Ok, now you're just being ridiculous. That is not stereotypes. Nobility is not a race, a religion, a sex or gender. It's a responsability. And we're not saying "he has to act like that because that's how nobles acts", we're saying "he has to act like that because it's how nobles should act". Think about it. He's a prince, he holds a position in the government. Even if he's just part of a comitee where they vote for new laws, he still has a responsability, and by what we have seen if there's one thing he's not is responsible. Would you want to live in a country with a president that's just a spoiled brat? Like North Korea?

For the last time, stop comparing the two. Discord is a reality-warping chaos spirit who's a villain, Blueblood is just that douche you wouldn't invite to your birthday party, or any party for that matter, he's so obnoxious you just want to pretend he doesn't exist. Like you.

Full Spectrum didn't say one needed to be gentlemanly or ladylike to be liked, he said a member of nobility should. You can't compare the Mane 6 with Fancypants, or Celestia, or Blueblood.

The part about swag was a joke by him, and it was just in answer to you, who was the first to use that word. The fact that you tried attacking a joke tells me that you really are ignoring everything you see is right and attacking blindly everything you don't understand.

And Spectrum is right: you won't let anyone change your mind. Everyone can see. I would have stopped in "ridiculous", but since that wasn't enough characters I decided to show you my thoughts.

You know, I've never seen anyone as obnoxious as you. Most people would simply have given up by this point, but you takes the cake. Instead of giving up, you just keep ignoring every proof that you are wrong and attacking everything people say that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, making you look more and more pathetic with each word you type.

But to tell the truth, I, of all people enjoy a good debate, even agains't an adversary so pitiful as you. So, c'mon. Answer. This amuses me greatly. You'll just be giving me more opportunities to prove you wrong.

And even still, nobility or not, Blueblood shouldn't behave like a self centered dick out of basic *decency*, like any other pony.  He doesn't have to be a gentleman, he just should be expected to *not be a jerk*. 

And the excuse of "He's high class/nobility so it's okay for him to be a jerk because he was raised that way" doesn't fly either.  There are five "royal" or high class ponies we've seen in the show so far: Fancy Pants, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Blueblood.  Four of them are nice, Blueblood's the lone a-hole among them. 

Honestly, I think that this guy's being so obtuse at this point that I think that more than likely he's a troll.

Because an anime is a totally valid and stable source for forming a point in an argument. I don't even know what to say about the math thing. How does that relates to anything I said? And we don't know, but it's more likely that he's simply a douche than it is that he's pretending to be a douche. Here is something for you to think about: when two people propose different things in an argument, it is up to whoever came with the extraordinary claim to prove that he is right. In our case, the ordinary claim is, "Blueblood is exactly how we see him in the show". The extraordinary claim is "Blueblood was just pretending to be a douche". It makes for a good headcanon in my opinion, but it's easier to believe that there's nothing about him other than what we saw. So, I win by default in this last argument.

Anything else?

Why do people hate him just for being a Douchebag?

Hes like Chris Jericho but people dont love him while Worship Y2Js Douchebagness.

He dint CHOOSE to be a noble, he was born one. So if my dad was a Math teacher It wouldnt be right for me to Hate Math? This Kid in the anime I watch was ashamed of being a noble. And how do we know he dint act that way to get rid of all of the gold diggers like Rarity who love him only because hes a prince?

That is a good point, the only time we see Blueblood is his interaction with Rarity and for all he knew she could have been a gold digger and perhaps she did come off that way to him but he probably could have handled that a bit better I mean he was rude from the very get go.

1) You still haven't addressed the point of why it's okay for him to be a dick, especially since there are similarly high class ponies who are *not* dicks.

2) Well how do we know that Pinkie Pie isn't actually a serial killer who dismembers ponies in the basement of Sugarcube Corner and makes dresses out of cutie marks and pegasus wings and bakes their innards into cupcakes? 

Unless we saw it in the show, we can't make assumptions about anything.

Why do people hate him just for being a Douchebag? Hes like Chris Jericho but people dont love him while Worship Y2Js Douchebagness.

I have no idea who's Chris Jericho. And your question is stupid. You'd hate Blueblood if you were to interact with him, the same way people would dislike Discord if they were to be somewhere where he can victimize us.

That is a good point, the only time we see Blueblood is his interaction with Rarity and for all he knew she could have been a gold digger and perhaps she did come off that way to him but he probably could have handled that a bit better I mean he was rude from the very get go.

That's not a good point. Unless there's evidence that supports this argument, we need to stick with what's more believeable. That's how the search for truth works.

I bet my arm on the fact that if BB had more screen time instead of Cadance he would have ten time more fanbase than he has now. Even with his attitude. Imagine a screen like this:

*Celestia is being attacked.*

Celestia: BB help me.

BB: I would help you but I am saving this hands to slap my hoes.

People would worship him if that happened

I dont hate Blueblood, but not for the reasons you gave :P

When I read "Slice of Life," Blueblood said he was tired of his aunt (Celestia) trying to set him up with all these mares. So he acted like a jerk to rarity because he was tired of being set up :P

I bet my arm on the fact that if BB had more screen time instead of Cadance he would have ten time more fanbase than he has now. Even with his attitude. Imagine a screen like this: *Celestia is being attacked.* Celestia: BB help me. BB: I would help you but I am saving this hands to slap my hoes. People would worship him if that happened

I would laugh my ass off if that happened, that would be the funniest thing he did since using Rarity as a pony shield. Yeah ironically if they made him even more over the top than he is now I mean so over the top but you can't help but laugh then he probably would have a respectable fanbase. There are plenty of characters that are like this and very popular because of it, Bender from Futurama, Statler and Woldorf from the Muppet Show and video game character Wario.

I would laugh my ass off if that happened, that would be the funniest thing he did since using Rarity as a pony shield. Yeah ironically if they made him even more over the top than he is now I mean so over the top but you can't help but laugh then he probably would have a respectable fanbase. There are plenty of characters that are like this and very popular because of it, Bender from Futurama, Statler and Woldorf from the Muppet Show and video game character Wario.

Yeah, The only reason he has one of the least MLP fanbase is because He dint get that much screen time. If he was given the screen time Cadance is getting and had more Funny scenes he would be one of the most popular characters in MLPs Fandom

I bet my arm on the fact that if BB had more screen time instead of Cadance he would have ten time more fanbase than he has now. Even with his attitude. Imagine a screen like this: *Celestia is being attacked.* Celestia: BB help me. BB: I would help you but I am saving this hands to slap my hoes. People would worship him if that happened

Yeah, The only reason he has one of the least MLP fanbase is because He dint get that much screen time. If he was given the screen time Cadance is getting and had more Funny scenes he would be one of the most popular characters in MLPs Fandom

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE!!! Seriously! I've said it in this thread many times already that if he had more screentime, he'd have a bigger fanbase, even if he was still a dick. I compared him to Trixie.

And that's just fanboyism from you. Sure, he'd have a bigger fanbase, but saying he'd have a bigger fanbase then Cadance. That's ridiculous.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm acting like too much of a prick. Are you sure you're not a troll. How did Prince Charmlesss gain even 1 fan, I'll never understand...

Waaaaaaaaaiiit. Many times in this thread you've tried telling us that our reason for disliking him were invalid, but you never even once gave us a single reason to actually like him. Seriously, why do you like him so much? Ignore "if he had more screentime", with only what we have of him now, what reason is there to like him? I don't see a single reason.

What can Celestia do? Its his life and she isnt even his aunt, shes his great great.......aunt. And besides Luna you should have mercy on him, You got to rule Equestria, Even Cadance now is hinted to the crystal kingdom, What does he have?

He's to self-centered, why should he rule some kingdom? Cadence is KIND. Not like that stuck up BB. That was just Rarity's IMAGINATION about him being Celestia's nephew. And if he was, would that mean there is another royal sister?  And if he did rule some land, it would be the stupid land where all the ponies are self-centered. He must of had a cruel filly-hood if he acts like that, but one time he DID worship Rarity. Episode 9 Season 2, he is there smiling at Rarity during the song.

He would NOT be one of the most popular ponies in the Fandom. That is STUPID. What does Cadence have to do with any of this?

Cadence is NICE. NICE, NICE, NICE. Not self-centered.

I dont hate Blueblood, but not for the reasons you gave :P

When I read "Slice of Life," Blueblood said he was tired of his aunt (Celestia) trying to set him up with all these mares. So he acted like a jerk to rarity because he was tired of being set up :P

Yet that is probably a FanFiction which is not real, Celestia is not his aunt unless Luna had a child or they have another sister or brother.

------

Oh and Prince's and Princess's are ALICORN'S, so how is he a Prince? Shining Armour became a Prince when he married Cadence so no he is not an 'Prince'.

Edited by pokedot

He's to self-centered, why should he rule some kingdom? Cadence is KIND. Not like that stuck up BB. That was just Rarity's IMAGINATION about him being Celestia's nephew. And if he was, would that mean there is another royal sister?  And if he did rule some land, it would be the stupid land where all the ponies are self-centered. He must of had a cruel filly-hood if he acts like that, but one time he DID worship Rarity. Episode 9 Season 2, he is there smiling at Rarity during the song.

He would NOT be one of the most popular ponies in the Fandom. That is STUPID. What does Cadence have to do with any of this?

Cadence is NICE. NICE, NICE, NICE. Not self-centered.

Yet that is probably a FanFiction which is not real, Celestia is not his aunt unless Luna had a child or they have another sister or brother.

------

Oh and Prince's and Princess's are ALICORN'S, so how is he a Prince? Shining Armour became a Prince when he married Cadence so no he is not an 'Prince'.

I agree with what you said, mostly, up until the end. He is a Prince. And he is Celestia's nephew... great great great great great ... nephew. It was never canonly stated that all royalty is and must be Alicorns. In fact, we know next to nothing about Alicorns and how the government in Equestria works, so don't make any assumptions.

And stop being a meanie D:<

Be nice. Or else, people won't like you, for the same reason they don't like Blueblood.

It's just generic to hate anybody who's a stuck up prick. It doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, he needs to shut the hell up and have some modesty :U

Edited by Scootabloom

I agree with what you said, mostly, up until the end. He is a Prince. And he is Celestia's nephew... great great great great great ... nephew. It was never canonly stated that all royalty is and must be Alicorns. In fact, we know next to nothing about Alicorns and how the government in Equestria works, so don't make any assumptions.

And stop being a meanie D:<

Be nice. Or else, people won't like you, for the same reason they don't like Blueblood.

I know. I know. I know. I don't care if I get called a meanie or if people hate me. I hardly come on this site anyways. I can say what I want.

It's just generic to hate anybody who's a stuck up prick. It doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, he needs to shut the hell up and have some modesty :U

Trixie. People loved her even before her redemption. All's fine and dandy as long as they're INTERESTING stuck-up pricks. And Blueblood was not.

I know. I know. I know. I don't care if I get called a meanie or if people hate me. I hardly come on this site anyways. I can say what I want.

Oh ok. Whatever you say.

Trixie. People loved her even before her redemption. All's fine and dandy as long as they're INTERESTING stuck-up pricks. And Blueblood was not.

Trixie has a certain type of attractiveness to her; she is, after all, a mare rather than a stallion which, believe it or not, makes a huge different whether or not people like the character. I assure you, if Trixie was a stallion, much less people would like her.