Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people hate on BlueBlood?

100 beasts kaidou

Well, I don't really hate BlueBlood, it's more of a dislike. But still Rarity was expecting him to be her Mr. Perfect Stallion and all that. It's not his fault that he didn't live up to what Rarity was expecting out of him. Not every pony can be absolutely perfect like she was expecting him to be.

I think it's a bit of Rarity and Prince BlueBlood's fault that the gala date didn't go so great.

Rarity was expecting way to much out of a Royal Prince, and Prince BlueBlood was being a bit to mean to Rarity as well. I mean I know he doesn't have to be perfect, but can't he be a bit more gentleman like around Rarity, I mean come on.  <_<

Well, it's really obvious. The creators of the show wanted him to be portrayed as a snobby, spoiled pony, in order to make Rarity's generosity and patience shine. I honestly think that he was a very good character for use in Rarity's development, but other than that, I don't see any real reason to like him, because, like I said, he was purposefully made like that, and his looks don't really matter, even though he does look pretty cool.

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE!!! Seriously! I've said it in this thread many times already that if he had more screentime, he'd have a bigger fanbase, even if he was still a dick. I compared him to Trixie.

And that's just fanboyism from you. Sure, he'd have a bigger fanbase, but saying he'd have a bigger fanbase then Cadance. That's ridiculous.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm acting like too much of a prick. Are you sure you're not a troll. How did Prince Charmlesss gain even 1 fan, I'll never understand...

Waaaaaaaaaiiit. Many times in this thread you've tried telling us that our reason for disliking him were invalid, but you never even once gave us a single reason to actually like him. Seriously, why do you like him so much? Ignore "if he had more screentime", with only what we have of him now, what reason is there to like him? I don't see a single reason.

Yes he would have more fanbase than Cadance, she is overrated.

I like him because he is a Metrosexual Douchebag Like HIM or Doflamingo or heel Shawn Michaels. They got Swag and they are pimps, He plays his character very well. Plus he was funny like when he eated applejacks apple and then spitted it out, I see alot of Scenes like that.

If he was a mare he would had sooo much better Fanbase because the fans are biased and pervs. I like him because hes one of the only awesome Stallions in the show.

I actually though Blueblood was nice at first, before he showed his attitude to Rarity and Applejack. If he hadn't done those things in the first place, I would still like him now.

And...

How the hell is he related to Celestia and Luna with THAT type of attitude?!

Yes he would have more fanbase than Cadance, she is overrated. I like him because he is a Metrosexual Douchebag Like HIM or Doflamingo or heel Shawn Michaels. They got Swag and they are pimps, He plays his character very well. Plus he was funny like when he eated applejacks apple and then spitted it out, I see alot of Scenes like that. If he was a mare he would had sooo much better Fanbase because the fans are biased and pervs. I like him because hes one of the only awesome Stallions in the show.

I wonder if any artists have thought to dress up Blueblood as Doflamingo or Sean Michaels, he would look pretty cool. This whole topic is giving me an interesting idea for a fanfic. I could just imagine Blueblood having a conversation with his Aunt Celestia before the gala and her telling him to "be on your best behavior", what if his behavior at the gala really was his him being on his "best behavior?" I have this one scene in particular stuck in my head where he after having sex with a gold digging mare throws her out his bedroom window, I could picture it now Blueblood presses a big button opening his window and a big mechanical hand come out of the wall and grabs the mare and then a boot comes out and literally kicks her out.

Yes he would have more fanbase than Cadance, she is overrated. I like him because he is a Metrosexual Douchebag Like HIM or Doflamingo or heel Shawn Michaels. They got Swag and they are pimps, He plays his character very well. Plus he was funny like when he eated applejacks apple and then spitted it out, I see alot of Scenes like that. If he was a mare he would had sooo much better Fanbase because the fans are biased and pervs. I like him because hes one of the only awesome Stallions in the show.

1) Cadance is not overrated, she is liked because she's a good character. I don't see anyone fanboying on her like you're doing with Blueblood.

2) He has nothing in common with Him, or Doflamingo. The show never actually showed him acting as a metrosexual. Meanwhile, the other characters you mentioned may be metrosexual, and even bad guys, but they're not douchebags.

3) You have just proved you are not a fan of the character, you are a fan of your headcanon of him. None of the reasons you cited for liking him are canon.

4) Seriously? "If he was a mare he'd have more fans"? Are you forgetting that his whole role in the show depended on him being a stallion? Or perhaps you just like him for his personality, in which case, once again, you don't like him, just the way he is. While I admit mares in the series tend to have larger fanbases, that happens because their body models are just cuter. They're adorable, something that can give you diabetes just from looking at. Not because "the fanbase are biased and pervs", as you put it.

5) He's not "one of the awesome stallions in the show". He is "one of the few relevant stallions in the show". And the most irrelevant at that. He's the stallion with the least physical appearances.

Edited by SOHCAHTOA

Yeah, The only reason he has one of the least MLP fanbase is because He dint get that much screen time. If he was given the screen time Cadance is getting and had more Funny scenes he would be one of the most popular characters in MLPs Fandom

Wow. This logic fails so terribly hard. This is the fandom that loves to take background characters who have had orders of magnitude less screen time than Blueblood and love them to the point when most fans would rate Derpy Hooves, Vinyl Scratch, or Octavia as their favorite pony, above any of the Mane 6, even. More screen time does not equal more popularity in this fandom.

You're grasping at straws. I can now see that any more discussion with you will be a waste of my time, so I bid you a good day, sir.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

1) Cadance is not overrated, she is liked because she's a good character. I don't see anyone fanboying on her like you're doing with Blueblood.

2) He has nothing in common with Him, or Doflamingo. The show never actually showed him acting as a metrosexual. Meanwhile, the other characters you mentioned may be metrosexual, and even bad guys, but they're not douchebags.

3) You have just proved you are not a fan of the character, you are a fan of your headcanon of him. None of the reasons you cited for liking him are canon.

4) Seriously? "If he was a mare he'd have more fans"? Are you forgetting that his whole role in the show depended on him being a stallion? Or perhaps you just like him for his personality, in which case, once again, you don't like him, just the way he is. While I admit mares in the series tend to have larger fanbases, that happens because their body models are just cuter. They're adorable, something that can give you diabetes just from looking at. Not because "the fanbase are biased and pervs", as you put it.

5) He's not "one of the awesome stallions in the show". He is "one of the few relevant stallions in the show". And the most irrelevant at that. He's the stallion with the least physical appearances.

Ok just let me ask you just this one thing, Why does Gilda has more fanbase than he does? She was a bigger douche than him, She had only a little bit biger screen time than him but not that much. But I see alot of people thinking she is better than Him, He is way better than her.

Ok just let me ask you just this one thing, Why does Gilda has more fanbase than he does? She was a bigger douche than him, She had only a little bit biger screen time than him but not that much. But I see alot of people thinking she is better than Him, He is way better than her.

She had more personality than him, more screentime, a more developed backstory and a relation to one of the Mane 6. She was the first griffon shown in the show and one of the only two griffons shown so far. But in the end, it falls to not liking the character, but what one projects in the character. Her fans always think she wasn't as bad as she appeared in the show. They make her look sympathetic and stuff, even though she didn't seem to be anything but a jerk in the episode. They like her for the same flawed and illogical reasons you like Blueblood, but Gilda has more fans because her personality and backstory were more well developed.

Also, "only a little bit biger screen time than him but not that much"? Please. She had way more screentime, as well as more lines, and a bigger role.

She had more personality than him, more screentime, a more developed backstory and a relation to one of the Mane 6. She was the first griffon shown in the show and one of the only two griffons shown so far. But in the end, it falls to not liking the character, but what one projects in the character. Her fans always think she wasn't as bad as she appeared in the show. They make her look sympathetic and stuff, even though she didn't seem to be anything but a jerk in the episode. They like her for the same flawed and illogical reasons you like Blueblood, but Gilda has more fans because her personality and backstory were more well developed.

Also, "only a little bit biger screen time than him but not that much"? Please. She had way more screentime, as well as more lines, and a bigger role.

Just because she had a bigger role Than Him doesnt mean shes better as a character. She is way more of a jerk than him, Atleast she just plains bullys everyone while he just cares about himself. I am not denying hes a jerk it will be like denying Discord is evil But His Jerkness is what I like About him

Just because she had a bigger role Than Him doesnt mean shes better as a character. She is way more of a jerk than him, Atleast she just plains bullys everyone while he just cares about himself. I am not denying hes a jerk it will be like denying Discord is evil But His Jerkness is what I like About him

You're attacking the last thing I said while ignoring everything else. He didn't get enough screentime to have a developed personality and backstory, things that would make people really like him. If you like him for how much of a jerk he is, I'm sorry dude, but you might be the only brony who likes a character because that character is a jerk.

Ah, this discussion is getting tiresome. Repetitive. Maybe I'm just tired. I'll stop posting here for a while, and maybe, if I think this is no longer boring, I might post here again later.

Edited by SOHCAHTOA