Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inter-Mane Six shipping- Discussion

Silverwisp the Bard

I haven't started a weird thread on here for a while, lets change that. :)

Do you think that there are shippings within the Mane Six that actually stood a chance of resulting in a working relationship?

Personally, the only only combi I could see working is RainbowxFluttershy:

Taken-out-of-context screenshots aside, the two have known each other the longest out of all the Mane Six and it has been shown, that Fluttershy is one of the few ponies, for whom Dash is willing to slow down.

I will go into further detail later (when I'm fully awake), but till then, feel free to do like the ancient Greek athletes and discus(s).

PS:Keep it mature and be excellent to each other; all of this is pure speculation and we have too many "Rainbow Dash is not a lesbian!" threads as it is.

• Brohoof 2

Dash and Fluttershy's life long relationship makes more sense as a sisterly thing, not a love relationship thing, to me. Dash demonstrated in Flight Camp that she, at least on that occasion, stood up for Fluttershy who was too shy and nervous to do it for herself. Protective outgoing friend who tries to get the other to be more outgoing, and sticks up for them when needed. Seems like that would evolve from friend to sisterly, to me. Anywho.

AppleDash. AJ is the mature voice to Dash's hotheadedness, and Dash is AJ's higher sense of adventure and fun.

• Brohoof 5

I really agree with Discord, RD and Fluttershy's relationship as a sister kind of relationship could really be good.

Maybe a Twilight x Rarity one could be good too, since Twilight's intelligence percedes her plus it would be good for Twilight to be in a different outfit that Rarity makes. I think as a love relationship.

I can't see any working out. I agree with CD that Fluttershy/Dash bond is more sisterly than romantic.They are kind of different in a way I feel is intentional so that they can compliment each other's weaknesses. For this reason, their personalities aren't that compatible. That is just my opinion on the subject, though.

Rarishy could work. Any other shipping? Maybe Apple Dash, but that's about it.

I think Rarishy works the best due to personalities, Dash always seems to be a bit mean to Flutters, Rarity seems to be the nicest to her, and they share a lot of interests and skills.

Spikie Belle (SpikexSweetie Belle) because they're roughly the same age and...what's that? Spike isn't one of the Mane Six? and Neither is Sweetie Belle? So therefore they have nothing to do with this post? Well dang...

Okay...Really the only one I see is Apple Dash. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, to me, as stated by the other people posting, is more sisterly than romantic.

I honestly think PinkieDash could work. They seem to get along and make a very good team, as we saw in Gryphon the Brush-Off and Over a Barrel. More than that, Pinkie was unusually accommodating to Dash in Too Many Pinkie Pies (the physics-defying dive so as not to make noise), and downright attached to her when she left for the Wonderbolts Academy. So the feelings could easily exist, at least on Pinkie's end. Dash is the one we don't know about. I think she's kind of dense about stuff like that and may not be interested in a relationship now. But in a few years, who knows? <_< :)

Fluttershy and Twilight are not ready for a romantic relationship with anypony--Shy's unprepared emotionally, Twi mentally and occupationally. xD  And I would expect Rarity to be exclusively into stallions, but you never know.

Applejack, I'm not sure about. She and Rarity did come an understanding early on (not that kind of understanding, get your minds out of the gutter ;)), but it was purely a friendship thing. It's unlikely, but I at least like the idea of Rarijack.

• Brohoof 1

As said by the others above, I think the only shipping that would work for me is Fluttershy x Rainbow Dash. I can't resist the two being together now that it seems like they're sisters. I loved how Dashie stood up for Fluttershy way back in their fillyhood. It was just too adorable for words /);3;(\

I think Pinkie Dash could work very well, Rainbow Dash shows all to often a lack of patience for Fluttershy's shy behaviour and gets annnoyed with her temperment. Pinkie Pie adores Rainbow Dash, who really returns her affection in most episodes. Their personalities work really well together, contrasting in areas where it matters most , and yet equal too. I love Pinkie Dash!

• Brohoof 1

Ha ha, this topic is perfect for me. I've been having an elaborate half-trolling debate about it with one of my favorite authors on Fimfiction for a few weeks now :).

Anyhow, I'll admit it's pretty easy to see shippy subtext between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash but I honestly think that they are just close friends, and Rainbow is continuing their protective relationship from flight camp. As others have said, it seems more sisterlike than anything to me.

The one ship that I can potentially see (and the one I support for that matter) is Pinkie and Rainbow Dash. Going way back to season one and Griffon the Brush Off, where Pinkie spent essentially the entire episode raving about how incredible Dash was, obsessing over spending time with Dash and being jealous when Dash was spending time with someone else I thought you could make a case for her actions being caused by a crush (When Pinkie starts acting like I would, you can't entirely rule out that she has a crush on Rainbow ;) )

I saw more circumstantial evidence in later episodes, more stalking in Over a Barrel, and in Too Many Pinkie Pies, where after her clones free her up from having to divide her time between her friends she always goes to Dash first. Most of all though, Party on One demonstrated that Pinkie has a deep fear of her friends becoming fed up with her and leaving her behind. Not only is Dash the Element of Loyalty, but in that episode she proved that she'd stick by Pinkie no matter how low she became.

I don't think I even have to elaborate on Wonderbolt Academy ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKyZT3n55og

Ultimately though, for the moment I don't see Rainbow Dash caring about romantic relationships, but when she's older I could see her latching onto another crazy free spirit that seems very interested in her.

img-1081923-4-sky_hug_by_inuhoshi_to_dar

Besides, they're cute :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

Eh idk. Honestly shippings don't really ever seem like they would happen in my mind.

I mean sure they might work, and might work out great, but they don't make logical sense for the two to actually be interested in being shipped together.

Only one I really ever heard about is RainbowXFluttershy, but I really doubt that, they're personalities don't match that much, they're just sisterly to each other.

I could see DashXPinkie working, exspecially with wonderbolts acedemy, thats about it. AJ and Rainbow dash are more rivals and wouldn't really consider going out with each other per say.

I guess you could put it into your mind reasons why they would work, but in reality I don't think the situation where they'd actually fall for one another would ever happen.

Maybe I'm being to rational about this though. :P

Am I the only one who sees *all* of the relationships as sisterly?  These are all fire forged friendships who became friends through putting their lives on the line for each other, of *course* they're going to be extremely close.  They've gone through a lot for the sake of their friendships and Equestria. 

And that's part of the appeal of the show to me.  That you can create these friendships where you might get into little arguments and fights here and there, but  in the end you'll have each others backs in the harshest of situations and will never, ever give up on each other.  It's why I think that Return or Harmony was so strong, because it was the only time that this bond was really put to the test. 

• Brohoof 1