EveryPONY or EveryBODY?

Piodx

What sounds better for you?   

120 users have voted

1. 1. Everypony or Everybody?

• Everypony
    • Everybody
    • I am neutral about this

So, i have seen this strange term being used many, many times, but there's something i have found curious.

Some bronies complain about this term sounding awkward, useless and therefore it should not be used in any case, while others like to use it, some times abuse it to the point it can be annoying at times. 

What's your point of view about this? 

So, i have seen this strange term being used many, many times, but there's something i have found curious.

Some bronies complain about this term sounding awkward, useless and therefore it should not be used in any case, while others like to use it, some times abuse it to the point it can be annoying at times. 

What's your point of view about this? 

It's not awkward at all, I use the term Everypony whenever I am talking to another brony, but if I am talking to non-bronies? It's everybody, thats the only fair thing to do.

• Brohoof 6

It's usually only referenced when talking to other Bronies (as in this case between us :)).

As a general rule of thumb:
EveryBODY is used in everyday life.
EveryPONY is used within the fandom or when talking to another Brony.
EveryONE is used in both the TV show and in real life, and thus can be used interchangeably. (Probably the way to go if you know a group of people is composed of part Bronies and part non-Bronies.)

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 5

To be honest I use "everyone" to talk about fans pretty much all the time. As for show characters I use "everyone" about 3/4 of the time and "everypony" when I'm in a fun or silly mood and I just have to say it. It's just so much fun to type...

Everypony. Everypony. Everypony. Everypony....

Bit off track there :) Hope I answered your question!

Kinda half kills me at times, that I can't discuss with a straight face when someone decide to use "everypony" in a serious argument. It's not a bad thing, but there's just times when it would be better if people left that stuff out of arguments.

• Brohoof 2

Eh. It's a thing that people do. It irritates me a bit (when I hear people say it) but it's like a small itch really. If I ignore it, it goes away. So, really, use whatever you want. I've got no quarrel with people who use it.

But personally, I use everybody. 

I don't exactly dislike the term everypony, but you wouldn't catch me saying it in real life. The internet is the only place that I will ever say everypony. It just seems like a mouthful and comes out awkward.

Looks like I'm one of the only ones here who is very actively pro-everypony. xD Of course, if I'm around or talking to non-bronies, I'll use everybody, but most of the time when conversing with the fandom, I'll use everypony. :D

It's usually only referenced when talking to other Bronies (as in this case between us :)).

As a general rule of thumb:

EveryBODY is used in everyday life.

EveryPONY is used within the fandom or when talking to another Brony.

EveryONE is used in both the TV show and in real life, and thus can be used interchangeably. (Probably the way to go if you know a group of people is composed of part Bronies and part non-Bronies.)

This, but I will also use the term "everypony" when i'm talking to other bronies in real life, or if i'm just feeling silly. You'll noticed on here though I use the term everypony whenever I think about what i'm typing.

Personally, I alternate between the two. Which one I use depends on two things:

My mood and who I'm talking to. For instance, if I ran into class and said "Hey everypony!" instead of "Hey everybody!", I'm going to get weird looks, whereas when talking to bronies, it's completely fine. But it also depends on my mood as well, if I'm feeling bored or tired, I won't bother or think about using "everypony", but if I'm alert and in a pony-ish mood, then I'll run in screaming, "HEY EVERYPONY!"

i think it all depends on what you want to use. everypony is a fun term to be used when talking about the show or bronies but  everybody is just what we would normally say. so i think if you want to use everypony go ahead its just a fun twist to throw into your posting. if you don't want to use it oh well no harm done

Hello!

I tend to stay neutral on this... I usually use everybody, but it's also common for me to say "Everypony" :P I think it's a fun little thing, that has grown in the fandom.

For me, I'd say it really depends on situation. 
If I'm in a discussion that's closer to a roleplay or is very focused on the show or in-universe aspects of the show, then I'll use 'everypony', but if I'm just talking with fellow bronies as friends and colleagues, potentially about ponies, potentially about something else, then it's 'everybody'.  Most of the people in my local group opreate along similar lines.

It's not bad it's not good, I don't really care.  I tend to only use the real terms of those words.  I just can't use those terms, but that's my opinion.

I'm totally ok with it and I like it. But I just noticed that I use everypony very rarely but there has been a time where I was using it all the time and I almost said "everypony" around my friends for several times.

I almost never use the term "everypony", it just feels a bit forced sometimes. I only use it when referring to the show itself or when I'm feeling particularly silly. I'd say that I was neutral on the subject, but I think I'm leaning a bit more towards "everybody/everyone". Saying "everypony" out loud just sounds awkward to me. It would be like Lyra saying "everyhuman" or "everypeople" when she refers to us! Be that as it may, I don't really mind people saying everypony so long as it doesn't get too out of hoof- I MEAN, HAND.

This, but I will also use the term "everypony" when i'm talking to other bronies in real life, or if i'm just feeling silly. You'll noticed on here though I use the term everypony whenever I think about what i'm typing.

That's what I said...I specifically said that "everypony" is used within the fandom, or when talking to another Brony (as in "real life"). :P

Everypony is cute in the show, but you won't see me using it anymore. I just felt weird after actually typing it out the first few times, so I stopped. Besides, I've heard of people accidentally using it in public, instantly making the conversation very awkward.

I use every pony all the time. Its so sad when you think of it.

I was driving down the highway with a friend in the passenger seat . she said " should you move over to the right lane"

with out thinking I said " nah I basically control every pony behind me and if some pony hits me that's there  insurance that goes up not mine" if u rear end some pony your 100% at fault

she looked at me and giggled.. I couldn't understand why until she actually had to point it out what I said.. .. to my ears it sounded normal.lol

another normal thing I do since 95 and msn took off. Instead of actually laughing  I will actually say lol or lulz. and when I on the phone I will actually say brb

Edited by MadDoggyca