Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Well, once again I feel a little bad for myself.

When I read My Little Dashie, it didn't touch me that much. I admit, I shed a single tear or two in the ending, but it's far from the most tearwelling story I've read. It's nicely written, it's a great read. It just didn't get to my heart I guess.

But nontheless, welcome Rainbow Dash 1992.

Thankyou for the warm welcome

Tears come easily to me, so I wasn't surprised when a couple of them ran down my face after reading this. I also really liked the alternative sequel "A Moment".

Edited by Nordica

After reading this story I was FIGHTING the tears back. I think a part of it is that the main character is so relatable. The constant feeling of loneliness and hopelessness is something that I have experienced quite often. As a result, when he finally finds something that truly makes him happy and then gets it taken away so suddenly, it felt like it was being taken from me as well.

When I read a story, I also tend to completely throw myself into the character's shoes. I feel and sense everything that they do. The fact that the story was written in first person and didn't offer much background on the character (not even a name) seemed to intensify the feelings ten-fold.

I, like this character, am a closet brony. I read this and felt every emotion he felt, I cried just from him having sneaking suspicions about something happening. At the end, I stopped, and examined my life, and how pathetic and hollow it is. While it isnt a waste of 15 years to have been taking care of her, he doesnt have much to show for it, i dont think it is fair! This was so sad, I still cry from thinking about it too much, saw the picture version on EQD and it made me cry.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/comic-always-remember-derpys-ingenious.html

I was to close to tears after reading it the first time. But what really got me crying was actually the second time when I read it to one of my friends, when he started crying i started very shortly afterwards. I think it's a very good story, definatly one of the best I've read so far.

• 1 month later...

i just read through the story ''my little dashie'' and it was really sad, so i wanted to see how many on the forum that also read it and shed a few tears.

and btw, brohuff to the creator Rob /)

Edited by chris1998

I just don't cry at thees things. Granted it made my eyes more misty then I'd like to admit, but I didn't full out baw. And if you haven't read it, listen to MicTheMicrophoneZero's read-through of it, it's great. Edited by Ezynell the Peasant

i just read through the story ''my little dashie'' and it was really sad, so i wanted to see how many on the forum that also read it and shed a few tears.

and btw, brohuff to the creator Rob /)

I merged your thread with this one.

Well...that doesn't happen often. Sometimes when I get into reading something or watching something I forget the world exists and I feel as if I am within the story, as if I am the characters in it and I am experiencing it.

...And when I come back to reality I see a bleak world where the events of the thing I was reading never existed. The moment I realize it was just a book/manga/fanfiction...it's one of the most horrible feelings in the world.

My Little Dashie didn't make me cry but it gave me a similar feeling. It's times like these that I wish reality and fantasy would flip around...because reality just can't stand up to what fantasy brings to my attention.

I still haven't read it yet, because the last time I read a sad fanfic I was depressed for the rest of the day...

lulz thats why you read them before bed so you only spend like 20 mins being sad, i cryed myself to sleep that night however....

*snip*

This feel, I know it

Whenever I finish reading any good story, I get all mopey because I have to return to the drab world that I really live in

lulz thats why you read them before bed so you only spend like 20 mins being sad, i cryed myself to sleep that night however....

Well that makes it even better, crying yourself to sleep...

Found it sad at first, but re reading it I discovered how poorly constructed and written it was towards the end... Just says the same thing over and over, and not even in different ways. I really didn't find it sad, I found the concept sadder than the thing itself... a good idea let down by poor execution, maybe a 5/ 10 in my book.