Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You know, I might be alone here but, I was actually happy at the end of the story.

Now, hear me out before you call me heartless or something.

The mane character himself was happy at the end, he had lived a good life and still had plenty time ahead of him. He got to spend fifteen years with RD and even if she had never returned home, she would have left for other reasons, good or bad.

He went from being a sad sap to a cheery fellow, he was better of in life at the end in general. He made more bits, he had a better house, etc.

To me, the story had a happy ending since they both lived good lives and had fun together. They formed a bond that would span dimensions as father and daughter.

I'll admit I did tear up a bit at first, but I slowly realized that everything changes and this would probably be for the best.

Edited by King of Magikarps

I didn't cry about My Little Dashie. I admit it was a well written story, but I felt like it was forcing the reader to feel sorry for the guy. I'll explaing myself in the spoiler.

All that with his parents, and he being the last one living in his neighborhood, and with a depressing job and all that is just more of the same. The author tries to force the sadness down the reader's throat, and that's a bad move. Sure, it is sad, but I think It's overdoing things.

The rest of the story is original and well written. It didn't make me cry, but it was a good story, nonetheless.

I didn't cry about My Little Dashie. I admit it was a well written story, but I felt like it was forcing the reader to feel sorry for the guy. I'll explaing myself in the spoiler.

All that with his parents, and he being the last one living in his neighborhood, and with a depressing job and all that is just more of the same. The author tries to force the sadness down the reader's throat, and that's a bad move. Sure, it is sad, but I think It's overdoing things.

The rest of the story is original and well written. It didn't make me cry, but it was a good story, nonetheless.

I actually think that's exactly what made it so good. I didn't consider it forcing so much as laying the groundwork for the joy that ensued when he found Dashie. It wasn't about the character at all, it was about making it easier to see the joy that Dashie brought him.

Guess I'm not totally soulless. The sadfics usually manage to get at least a :( out of me...

But gorefics give me the lulz. So, eh. Halfway there.

I didn't cry. I enjoyed it, and it is actually pretty easy to make me cry so I'm not sure what happened there.

Who ELSE didn't cry at the end of My Little Dashie? Am I the only soulless monster here?

We already have a thread for discussing My Little Dashie so I merged yours with it.