Rainbow Dash Fan Club

Tomiix

That's great! It just looks like the body needs some practice, but that you've practiced the rest a lot more beforehand.

I discovered that I'm terrible at drawing ponies freehand, but I'm pretty comfortable tracing an outline, and then re-purposing the body. These are the only ponies I've tried drawing/editing so far:

Original character from Rooster Teeth's web series, RWBY

attachicon.giftumblr_static_g.gifattachicon.gifpyrrha.png

My original attempt to ponify her

attachicon.gifPyrrha Nikos.jpg

I got some feedback and recognized how off the body was as a whole (legs, shape, ear placement, nose, neck alignment, and all that.

I then traced a vector of Princess Luna for the body outline, and then free-hand edited drew the mane, tail, and outfit

attachicon.gifLuna (111).pngattachicon.gifpony pyrrha 1.jpg

Then I traced over that (so I didn't ruin the original version) and colored it

attachicon.gifpony pyrrha 2.jpg

and then I realized how bad the crayon made it look...

So I scanned it into my computer and drew over it in MS Paint and I fell in love with my finished version!

attachicon.gifpony pyrrha 4.png

That is all great! I wish I can do digital art. That will be my next major step after I feel that I've mastered drawings. I have it all planned out.

• Brohoof 2

That is all great! I wish I can do digital art. That will be my next major step after I feel that I've mastered drawings. I have it all planned out.

I had a LOT of free time over the summer (that's why the final version was dated only 2 days later than the crayon version). I got a lot of practice in MS Paint with the MLPF World Cup for which I did a lot of flags for the participants. It was a blast! Sadly, I didn't get to use my RD American flag...which I can't seem to find anymore...grr!! I need to organize my pics folder fo' sho'!

It sounds like you've set out a great plan! I kind of just spontaneously decided to do stuff...which is unusual for me. :lol:

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I had a LOT of free time over the summer (that's why the final version was dated only 2 days later than the crayon version). I got a lot of practice in MS Paint with the MLPF World Cup for which I did a lot of flags for the participants. It was a blast! Sadly, I didn't get to use my RD American flag...which I can't seem to find anymore...grr!! I need to organize my pics folder fo' sho'!

Well they're amazing. As for my drawing, I see that it looks better in black and white shading so I don't really want to add color to them. You'd understand if you've seen my previous RD drawings. If you want to see those, feel free to PM me. I've really improved overall from those to say the least.

• Brohoof 2

Well they're amazing. As for my drawing, I see that it looks better in black and white shading so I don't really want to add color to them. You'd understand if you've seen my previous RD drawings. If you want to see those, feel free to PM me. I've really improved overall from those to say the least.

I find shading to be quite tricky in Paint since it doesn't have a layering feature, or a gradient feature, or many other features. But also, I don't want to get that complex either!

========================================================

I just ordered an RD Funko last night! I can't believe I didn't share that with you guys! It should be waiting for me at my apartment when I get back later this week!

post-25639-0-08820000-1419876445.jpg

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 4

I find shading to be quite tricky in Paint since it doesn't have a layering feature, or a gradient feature, or many other features. But also, I don't want to get that complex either!

I might try to make an RD drawing in MS paint. I have Paint.NET to use too and that seems better.

• Brohoof 1

I might try to make an RD drawing in MS paint. I have Paint.NET to use too and that seems better.

You can see the shading I did in the original pencil version. I really, really liked that version as well. I still have it. I still have them all, really. *shrug* I've looked at that program, and I even downloaded it, but I just didn't feel like taking the time to research all its components and learn to use it! haha I went from super-motivated to super-lazy!

This was definitely NOT done in ms paint and definitely NOT done by me! haha

post-25639-0-64603800-1419876749_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Hey guys, guess what i found:

il_570xN.304390427.jpg

You can see the shading I did in the original pencil version. I really, really liked that version as well. I still have it. I still have them all, really. *shrug* I've looked at that program, and I even downloaded it, but I just didn't feel like taking the time to research all its components and learn to use it! haha I went from super-motivated to super-lazy!

This was definitely NOT done in ms paint and definitely NOT done by me! haha

attachicon.gifa95f6255173bb21c6a7e76ac1ac21716.jpg

I love the look on RD's face on the left, my cat gives me that same look when i hold him.

• Brohoof 5

Aaaand its not working....CAN AN EGGHEAD HELP ME?!

How did you go about setting it as your pic? Some gifs that I've saved don't work when I try to upload them. So I upload them to imgur and copy/paste them from there.

I just decided to draw Rainbow Dash, this is my first MLP drawing! Unfortunately, I realized I did not have many utensils to finish the colors.  :(  Being a fan of Rainbow Dash, I had to share!  

Great job on it. I love it! It's better than how my first Rainbow Dash drawing was.

• Brohoof 1