Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which gender do you think has it better?

Pony Joe

117 users have voted

1. 1. Which gender do you think has it better?

• Male
    • Female
    • Neither
    • Other (please explain!)

It's hard to say. Men don't have to go through PMS, menopause, or childbirth, and they don't have to shave their pits. And usually, husbands tend to get more respect than their wives. On the other hand, in the old days, it was always men who went in the coal mines. I don't know how it works now though, but I think it's still mostly men. I don't envy those who have to mine coal, it even makes cart pushing in a snowstorm seem easy peasy.

It really depends though, nobody is destined to have it easy/rough. If someone wants to work hard, they will. If a man and a woman are both equally hard workers, I think women have it harder.

Women, courts prefer them, people go easy on them, less is expected of them. I could go on, but honestly, it's not even that big of a difference between genders. I'd over all say women have it best though, tis' why courts favor the mother in child ownership cases.

• Brohoof 3

Women, courts prefer them, people go easy on them, less is expected of them. I could go on, but honestly, it's not even that big of a difference between genders. I'd over all say women have it best though, tis' why courts favor the mother in child ownership cases.

There's actually a doctrine used in courts which states that females are "generally more suited to care for children" on the basis that they're more "sensitive" and "emotional" than men, but over time males have started to spend more time with their kids and are just as fit in doing it so it's moot at best.

• Brohoof 4

I want to say men have it better than women but both genders have their share of crap to deal with. It may sound strange, but I lean more towards women having it easier because they aren't boxed in to strict gender roles the way us men are. We have to sound, behave, and look a certain way or face the consequences of judgment. For instance, a boy/man liking MLP? Hell on earth for some of us. Fortunately, I am a strong individual and don't care what others think. I wear my MLP love proudly and without fear. 

I personally wouldn't know. I'm not a girl, so I cannot make a valid opinion.

All I can say is that, as a boy that is still developing hormones, it's hard to keep self control during this point in my life.

So, I conclude that nobody has it better. Men and women both have hardships. Only that they are different.

I've observed my sister, who has a chemical imbalance at the moment. She has anger spikes and she's quite emotional and irrational with her decisions.

But, I am just as irrational when it comes to talking about girls. I try the best I can to be a gentlemen and keep my self control on the subject of girls, but, even so, keeping self control is quite hard.

Edited by A Glimpse of Everything

Eh idk, it depends on how you look at it. I mean Girls have it easier when it comes to the fact they can become great friends hug each other and never be judged, and people just seem to be easier on girls. most of the time teachers prefer to take the girls side and don't expect bad out of the girl msot of the time. Plus guys have to go after girls, girls typically don't have to be the one to ask a guy out, its the guys that have to ask the girls. Plus guys have to pay for alot of the dates, and have to pay for the wedding ring when marrying a girl.

Girls are also free to express their emotions for the most part, which means they don't have to bottle it up to not be judged, they can also like guy things, but guys can't like girl things. (in general) The women kinda get what they want alot of times to, seeing as guys are seen as the bad guys if they don't obey. It depends on how demanding they are. They do seem to have to be right like almost all the time though..

However guys have their advantages to. For one guys are more buff in general, and they have faster metabolism's in general, so they can stay fit easier. They also are critiqued for and have to worry about looks or being fat in general. They do get payed more in alot of situations to.

Us guys can also stand up to go, and we don't have to deal with women and things like periods, childbirth, and all that other stuff. We have it easier I think when it comes to anatomy.

I think overall us guys have it easier when it comes to anatomy and anything related in the physical sense. And girls have it easier in social and the psychological sense.

Just my opinion. I'm a guy and I've kinda wished I was a girl before, but regardless I guess I still have things I don't have to worry about. And i'm not going to be changing genders anytime soon so yeah :P.

I'd say neither. It doesn't make too much of an impact, really. All of us, male, female, or whatever else, have it about the same, in my opinion. To all the people saying "Men are naturally stronger." I'm not so sure about that, I know plenty of women who could kick my butt, and I'm a 6'7, heavily built man. (Granted, a large part of that is because I am nearly pacifistic in nature.) Also, the "Men make 30% more money (In the U.S, not sure abut statistics in other countries.)" statistic is true, but not for the reason you might think. Women get payed just as much as men at the same job, it is illegal to pay a man more. Women just tend to work lower paying jobs more often, and are more often unemployed by choice than men. (As in, they don't need to work.)

Edited by Brosparkles

Girls don't have to deal with morning wood when they take a morning piss.

In all seriousness though, when you're a guy, you don't have to deal with a menstrual cycle, giving birth, and all dem emotions that girls feel. I think guys have it easier.

Edited by Uζεrηλmξ
  • Brohoof 2

Hmmm. Seems like a loaded question. I can think of tons of advantages and disadvantages one gender has over the other.

I will say this though, as far as reproduction goes, it's guys who 'have it better' as far as having less shit to deal with. Guys' internal plumbing is straight forward as hell; we have very few problems that can go wrong with it, in comparison to girls. If you stick a diagram of one system against the other it's rather incredible. Power to you girls, for dealing with your overly-complicatedness xP

• Brohoof 2

And that leaves those who exist outside that binary even more out of luck. The oppression of both genders to conform is also the main cause of suffering for those who's gender doesn't match their physical sex.

Tell me about it...  I'm FTM and I can't remember how many times people asked me : ''are you a boy or a girl?''.  Also, people mistake me for a lesbian, which I'm not.  

• Brohoof 3

In America, women are treated way better than men. Ok so this may come off as offensive so im sorry in advance. Ever since the old times women were always treated with more respect than men. It was called being a gentlemen. The downside was that working women got paid less. This all changed when feminists started appearing and starting movements. 
In modern times women get paid the same or more depending on the company. Women get first choice in alot of things. the law is tailor made so the woman appears innocent. For example, A man hits a woman, he gets jail time. a woman hits a man, doesnt matter. Women also use their bodies to get what they want. example: they were revealing dresses to stimulate the male. Guys can't do that. I tried and i got pegged as a pervert.

Depends on which society. In some areas, women are still treated literally like dirt.

There are advantages for both genders as well as disadvantages. Its really dependent on where.

;

Also, I saw several posts about relationships. Seriously, what does that have to do with having it easier in society?

• Brohoof 2

I don't mean to be rude but i choose neither.. I mean come on why do people think the are better sex than the other... sheesh that's why i hate sexism... there are no different between male and female.. they can be alike.. a female can be stronger and better like a man and a man can be caring and supportive like a woman... so there are no superior on inferior sex in my opinion.... yeah....

Bro hoof for my own opinion ^.^ /)

I might be a guy, but I have to say females have it better. When, a girl breaks up with us or we are beating cheated on we go absolutely crazy. I for one, would not do that but I find that females are more calm. :P

Wut? HOW????? O.o Guys are so much more calm than girls!

I say guys get it better in general when it comes to these certain things girls deal with

1. periods.

2. pregnancy.

3. being objectified

Obviously, seeing that the population on here is largely male, most people will be saying female. The whole "grass is always greener on the other side" concept shows here. I'm a girl and can see how males would think it to be easier to be a girl. Of course, since I am, I think it would be easier to be a guy. Why? Girls are nasty and mean and awful if they want to be. Emotionally scarring. If you don't dress in ambercrombie or listen to Nikki Minaj your automatically an outcast. You have to be skinny and pretty. Skinny all day long. Girls always saying how the other is more skinny or pretty or smart. And when your a girl, your much more vulnurable and can't defend for yourself really. Your not safe from perverts and have to be really careful. Oh, and periods. And don't even get me started on how awfully uncomfortable bras are. Seriously. Being a girl isn't all that jazz. There's lots of sexism, too, but I'm done typing. I'm in the 700 characters here. Woah.

Edited by PinkiePie Forever
  • Brohoof 3

Obviously, seeing that the population on here is largely male, most people will be saying female. The whole "grass is always greener on the other side" concept shows here. I'm a girl and can see how males would think it to be easier to be a girl. 

I dunno, I'm a girl, but I'm thinking that it's easier to be female. As a girl, it's socially accepted for me to not be that athletic or risk taking, but also accepted for me to be an extreme sports enthusiast. And I tend to be a bit brash and jokey, but if I'm quiet and serious, that's okay too. I have a much greater range of choices in terms of fashion than guys, and I can care about my looks without being judged harshly for it (even if there's a greater "penalty" for looking bad). If a girl hangs out mostly with the guys, it's cool, but if a guy hangs out mostly with the girls, it's weird. 

And the double standard against male abuse victims truly sickens me. I don't usually hold black and white opinions on things, but it disgusts me how men get unfair legal treatment simply for their gender. 

• Brohoof 1

I say males have it better because females have to deal with periods which I hear hurt like hell.

Males just really worry about puberty which from my perspective is no where near close to the females period pain.

And pregnancy.

Edited by Flare Fire

Personally, I think that in today's society females have it easier. Disregard birth giving and that time of the month and females are favoured by society. It seems today we are taught that females are perfect angels that incapable of being at fault. This is so much of a problem that women have been able to get away with a 3 year sentence for murder. Have you ever heard that old saying that it's only sexist when men do it? Well, that statement holds a lot of truth to it. I've done a rant about modern day sexism in my thread "Feminism is Reverse Sexism" already, so I'm not going to go into that again. However, you probably already know what I'm talking about.

Obviously, seeing that the population on here is largely male, most people will be saying female. The whole "grass is always greener on the other side" concept shows here. I'm a girl and can see how males would think it to be easier to be a girl. Of course, since I am, I think it would be easier to be a guy. Why? Girls are nasty and mean and awful if they want to be. Emotionally scarring. If you don't dress in ambercrombie or listen to Nikki Minaj your automatically an outcast. You have to be skinny and pretty. Skinny all day long. Girls always saying how the other is more skinny or pretty or smart. And when your a girl, your much more vulnurable and can't defend for yourself really. Your not safe from perverts and have to be really careful. Oh, and periods. And don't even get me started on how awfully uncomfortable bras are. Seriously. Being a girl isn't all that jazz. There's lots of sexism, too, but I'm done typing. I'm in the 700 characters here. Woah.

I find that I deal with something very similar idea from guys. It seems that with guys if you are not a huge sports fan or you are not interested in dating or having sex (which in high school I find immature) you are an outcast. I'm not into sports, I'm a musician and that doesn't get you anything. High schools will worship these guys that can catch a ball to win a game. Basically, if you are not a football player, your school doesn't give you shit. I do agree with what you are saying about girls being very judgemental, I'm just giving an example how I feel from the other side.

I think it depends on the situation, but you can't ignore the fact that power in the world today is primarily male.  Though thsi is slowly changing, the large majority of political leaders are male, as are CEOs and others in upper management.  These are the guys that basically run the world, and it's harder for a woman to break through in a lot of the more prestigious professions. 

That's not to say that us guys don't get the short end of the stick too.  But we're the ones who are by and large still making the rules.

We can split this question into 2 parts, biological and social. Let's just assume for a second that when I say social I mean modern world country where women have equal rights.

From a biological stand-point, it's pretty obvious, men don't have to worry about most things that happen to women, for instance menstruation, or child-birth. Girls also tend to be more emotional than boys, which could be either positive or negative, depends on the individual, but either way they probably go through more emotional bull-shit than boys. So, men have it easier by a long-shot.

Now, there's still the social aspect. In today's society, men are judged much quicker than women, they are automatically put into some gender roles as where women can like what men like and just be considered a tough girl, nothing more to it, but with men, if they like what women like, they are considered weak or gay, or something. I hope that last one will change soon by the way.

When it comes down to it, both genders have their ups and downs, and really there's no one definitive way to say which gender is better, so I can conclude that no gender has it better.

• Brohoof 1

Girls have it easier, but not by much, they have an organization devoted to giving them equal rights +12, the pretty ones get pampered and having once or twice pain of child birth is nothing compared to the crippling cringe inducing pain of testicular wacks. But I've never experienced lady cramps, so I don't know.

In nature wise Men have it better.

However Now in this morden Era women can almost do everything they want. Drive a car (in most places) . They can work. They can play sports and all of the stuff Mem are *suppost to do* But they also get to do stiff their *suppost to do* Like being a housewive or Wearing skirts. men on the other hand only can do what thier *Suppost to do*.

Since Earth is controlled by Society more than Nature I say Woman have it better

• 9 months later...

Truth be told.. I think we are all equal,

Because men need women.. and women need men.. we need each other a lot and we both help keep the other strong.

Behind every great man! is a even great women making him feel loved and wanted and giving him strength!