Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anti-bronies going too far?

letsdiscussbronies

i have been a brony for a while and its already too hard. ive been surfing youtube and found anti bronies hate. after finding more vids like this i got ticked. i made a video standing up for bronies and all i got was hate mail, the worst thing is that i got a whole ton of deathreats and im only 13 not to mention suicidal. do you think theyre going too far and what should we do to stop them? thank you for your time

• Brohoof 2

Anyone that sends a death threat for any reason is going way too far, so for them I can say yes. Those threats even if they are just talk should be taken seriously and reported to the police. As for what to do with haters in general I think the best approach is to ignore them, haters love attention even negative attention and don't really even need a rational rhyme or reason to hate. If it is not bronies then they will latch onto someone else, the more you acknowledge them the more crap they will spew. 

• Brohoof 20

13 and suicidal?

Look "kid" suicide wont do you any good especially at an age like your, I'm not sure if you're maturely aware of the impact you'd have on others, and I'll be incredibly serious when I say, that when it comes to suicide I take no one your age seriously.

But look, just ignore them.

Not everyone in this world will love us, not every one will hate us, opinions opinions, ignore them and you'll be fine.

• Brohoof 7

13 and suicidal?

Judging by that statement I take it there hasn't been a time in your life where you considered suicide. I was suicidal at age 12 in response to the death of my grandmother so it is entirely possible for someone that age to be suicidal and should be taken seriously. The only reason I am not dead right now is because of the love of my friends and family and of course some therapy, alot of people are suicidal not because they have a death wish but because they want to end the pain but don't know how else to do it.

• Brohoof 5

i was once suicidal too at a young age. the internet is a bad place to be if your suicidal cause people will troll you and say things like do it. also remember words are just cries for attention by people who got too much of it growing up. spoiled children in other words. Unless they act on it you are good. go to the police if its excessive(IE they constantly bombard your inbox with threats)

• Brohoof 2

Well, I don't pay no mind to the anti-bronies. Since, they are talking out of their ass and just that they hate on MLP and fandom.

Pretty much, ''Haters gonna hate.''

I just love and tolerate, if necessary.

• Brohoof 4

i have been a brony for a while and its already too hard. ive been surfing youtube and found anti bronies hate. after finding more vids like this i got ticked. i made a video standing up for bronies and all i got was hate mail, the worst thing is that i got a whole ton of deathreats and im only 13 not to mention suicidal. do you think theyre going too far and what should we do to stop them? thank you for your time

Well understanding where you are coming from, I am suicidal too, though at 17... I'd like you to know though it is illegal for them to send a deaththreat, especially with depression, that is enough to get them atleast 2yrs in jail/prison depending on their dissposition and prerequisits.

Anyways, there isn't really anything you can do.  You just gotta sit back and watch them at their work.  They don't come close to outnumbering us so take it easy.  That's why joining forums like this can help you recharge.

• Brohoof 1

No. The videos are probably either satirical or old. A lot of people on youtube hate Bronies, and you standing up for Bronies was like being a fish in a pool full of sharks. Let then do their thing, and we'll do ours. :)

Edited by Betez

At the moment, I am 13. I recently had the same problem as you, but I overcame it by finding the happiness around me. 

Suicide won't help. I'm not calling you stupid or dumb, but suicide is a bad idea. There's always a way, period. 

Just be yourself, dwell on the good things in life. Pay attention to the nice people around you. Like your fellow Bronies. For me, when I'm having a bad day, I'll be on YouTube, and get a brohoof in the comments. And it completely makes my day to see that kindness.

Something that simple.

The best thing you can really do is ignore them. With every single fandom there's gonna be those types of people. Maybe making that video sticking up for us wasn't the best idea. They took it a bit too far with the comments and death threats. But, the thing is if you are uneasy about getting hate mail, it's best to not make the video. You're unfortunately not gonna be able to change their mind. Haters will remain just that, Haters.

Going to far? Perhaps. But its what they do. they insult and try to hurt you either just for the hell of or cuz they like it. But mainly so they can get a reaction. And then they can laugh their stupid asses off. The key is to ignore 'em and don't feed 'em. Meaning reacting to trolls by trying to "fight back". And buddy, by you making a video you just gave them a three course meal.

Listen, they are just words on a screen. Petty black pixels on a computer screen. They are not real insults. Hell, they weren't insults to begin with. They are just stupid remarks of a coward and an idiot. Don't let 'em affect you. I know it can be tough, but remember: Its only going to become an insult, if you let it.

Don't let there stupid remarks affect your head, ignore 'em, deal with 'em, whatever. But please don't lets trolls actually make you even THINK about suicide. Cuz that is something you should NEVER, oh and i mean NEVER consider! 

Just forget about 'em and don't even acknowledge their mere existence. They are just ignorant fools and coward, and nothing more, and nothing will change them.

Anti-bronies and bronies are very different from each other and thus, any communication between the two groups is unlikely to end up without flame wars. Although the death threats are too far, you should print a copy of those messages off and call the police. Death threats are illegal last time I checked and you can land the people who sent them in jail.

13 and suicidal?

Look "kid" suicide wont do you any good especially at an age like your, I'm not sure if you're maturely aware of the impact you'd have on others, and I'll be incredibly serious when I say, that when it comes to suicide I take no one your age seriously.

But look, just ignore them.

Not everyone in this world will love us, not every one will hate us, opinions opinions, ignore them and you'll be fine.

As Earthbending said, age doesn't mean much when it comes to suicidal thoughts. Your first 2 posts make you look like an asshole, especially the kid part in quotations. Work on your delivery.

As for OP, yeah. Death threats, for me, aren't that big a deal considering they could be from next city to the polar opposite side of the world. To accuse bronies of pedophilia, one of if not the worst crime IMO, is a sign of going miles past the line.

• Brohoof 1

Judging by that statement I take it there hasn't been a time in your life where you considered suicide. I was suicidal at age 12 in response to the death of my grandmother so it is entirely possible for someone that age to be suicidal and should be taken seriously. The only reason I am not dead right now is because of the love of my friends and family and of course some therapy, alot of people are suicidal not because they have a death wish but because they want to end the pain but don't know how else to do it.

I've never been suicidal.

However that hasn't stopped me from being depressed. I am naturally happy, I'm constantly smiling, look at the good side of things, and I always look forward to the future, but no matter how much I smile and lock away myself to prevent others knowing how I feel inside, it can't hide how crappy my life's been so far. No one expects that seeing how cheerful I can act, because being as stubborn as I am, I do not like sharing my feelings with others, and I completely hate the thought of doing so. Suicide, at least to me, seems like a coward's exit, if someone is truly sad because a loved one passed away, they'd know suicide wouldn't be the answer. How would they feel? knowing they lived to their very last breath and you wasted yours feeling pitiful, and weak? I don't live the best life in the world, I've had many loved ones died, I've seen people turn their backs on me when tension hits, I've pushed myself to not give up because I want others to see i don't give up easily.

...yee, I'm gonna stop before I go completely off topic xD

As Earthbending said, age doesn't mean much when it comes to suicidal thoughts. Your first 2 posts make you look like an asshole, especially the kid part in quotations. Work on your delivery.

As for OP, yeah. Death threats, for me, aren't that big a deal considering they could be from next city to the polar opposite side of the world. To accuse bronies of pedophilia, one of if not the worst crime IMO, is a sign of going miles past the line.

Oooooooooooh? What exactly do you think I mean when I put the quotations, em? Well, let me tell you what I meant. 13. This is a kid. I'm a kid. Anyone below 18 is a kid. The quotation marks mean, you're a kid, act like a kid. I don't know why someone would be like this at this age. When I was 13, it was the best time of my life. It was when I didn't worry of what people said to me. It's when I could be considered someone, instead of a something. Tell me, because I'm dying to know, what you thought I meant, by using quotation marks, on something that would of sounded worse without them.

Age does mean something because this is a phase I see everyone going through, as sadning as it is, it is only a phase, my best friends swore to me they'd kill themselves because they didn't know what to look forward to, it's a horrible thing to pass through, and it hurt me every minute to see them like that. My life isn't perfect, my parents are divorced, and my mom's family hates me. I have only a few friends who don't know what I go through, and all I do is hide it behind an innocent grin. Suicide isn't the answer, to anything.

Edited by Pinkazoid!

Anyone who sees the anti-bronies as a threat or something to be worried about is obviously paranoid. We already had the war with 4chan and WON, so they won't do anything to serious.

• Brohoof 1

Well anti bronies always do ridiculous stuff, honestly if you stick around for a while it doesn't bother you as much.

Also a death threat is probably as good as an empty threat honestly. There is hardly any chance they'll actually come through, people on the internet practically joke about that type of thing. Its not a good thing no, its actually quite sad, but its the truth.

You can actually report them for it considering its illegal, but I have no idea how you'd go about that considering I don't have experience with it, I normally just shrug off any death threat seeing as its pretty empty. They may live on another continent to me for all I know :P.

Really letting anti bronies get on your nerves won't help though, they feed off that and if you just kinda ignore them they stop having a reason to do it and go bug someone else they know they can get to react.

To be fair bronies have been slowly becoming less and less ridiculed as time has gone on, alot of the hate around bronies is older, theres still plenty present right now, but its certainly less then it is a time ago.

Anti bronies are really just spewing insults for the sake of it, most haven't even seen the show enough to make an educated opinion, but they just love to feed off attention given to them for their insults. I guess they have nothing better to do who knows.

Also don't commit suicide, its not the answer, as many people will tell you around here and other places, infact some may have experienced it themselves, and they have experience to know its not the answer. I myself haven't ever attempted suicide or anything, I've got depressed and I'm sure the thoughts crossed my mind, but I've never attempted it, but whatever your going through just remember suicide isn't the answer, you could be right in front of the shinning light of diamonds in your life, committing suicide is like turning away from that. So I hope you don't. Lots of people like me will care if you do and would hate to see you go.

Tl;DR Haters gonna hate :P.

Why on EARTH did you stand up for something you don't represent? Who gives a FUCK what other people think. Hate is all over the internet. Just enjoy what you enjoy in peace and leave others alone.

Haters gonna hate. Ponies gonna pwn.

I've said it before in other threads and I'll say it again. Take Pinkie Pie's advice.

So, giggle at the [anti-bronies]

Guffaw at the [anti-bronies]

Crack up at the [anti-bronies]

Whoop it up with the [anti-bronies]

Chortle at the [anti-bronies]

Snortle at the [anti-bronies]

And tell that big dumb [anti-brony] to take a hike and leave you alone and if he thinks he can scare you then he's got another thing coming and the very idea of such a thing just makes you wanna... hahahaha... heh...

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuugh!  

Furthermore, there's no reason for you to care what they think. Here's a bit of unsolicited life advice from someone who has been suicidal: Caring too much about things that don't matter and that you can't control can definitely lead to depression and suicidal thoughts. If something upsets you, ask yourself if it really HAS to upset you. You are in control.

Best wishes!

Edited by decoherence
  • Brohoof 3

I've never been suicidal.

Then consider yourself lucky that you haven't gone through that and remember that being suicidal is one thing you cannot possibly even begin to understand until you have actually been through it. Suicide is not a cowards way out it is a cry for help, people that are suicidal have a sickness that needs to be treated. Since I don't want to derail this any further this is the last I will say on this matter.

I read like the first few replys and it seems like everyone was suicidal at a stupidly young age, but don't get me wrong, i'm have like manic depression, and have been suicidal, and still am at times, but not at the like age 12? i'm fairly sure I was still eating dirt and sword fighting with sticks at that age :L but the point i'm making is that I don't think someone can be suicidal at such a young age, I don't feel at such a young age one could fully understand every emotion or lack of that could cause such thoughts. However that said I mean no offence by it, and I understand that at times life can suck. But i've always found that the best way to get though anything like this is to talk to people and keep ones mind on other things :) if you ever want to rant at someone i'm all ears :)