What is the coolest vacation you have ever been on?

Ivory Moth

• 8 months later...

When me and my X wife went to Mexico.

First we went for the fun of it.. then we left with something we shouldn't have had..... yeah.. a bowl of fruit D: I know it was wrong of me! sorry! but over all it was really fun! got really drunk! and did some other things..

• Brohoof 1

The best vacation I've ever been on was to Hawaii in March 2002, during Spring Break of my 7th Grade year.

-our plane took off from Los Angeles in the evening, when the sun was still visible and its hues of pink, orange, yellow, blue etc. graced us as we flew westward across the ocean.

-staying in the Hilton Hawaiian Hotel in Waikiki. Magnificent building. Had a view of Downtown Honolulu that I enjoyed gazing from.

-swimming, of course. I did alot of this.

-kayaking in the Pacific Ocean. I didn't know I'd enjoy it so much before I tried it.

-eating at Benihana's (one of those Japanese places where hibachi chefs cook your meal via performance art)

-Visiting Pearl Harbor and the ruins of the U.S.S. Arizona, a very solemn site. 

-the Wet N' Wild water park. The Cliffhanger waterslide at the time was intense and exciting. I wonder if it still is...

-Seeing "Ice Age" in theatres; also Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone in the hotel room.

However, what makes this vacation more memorable than anything to me is that I experienced it at a time when I was going through major changes in life. The transition from elementary school to junior high and growing up, my parents divorcing only three months prior and getting used to living without my father present always, experiencing the September 11th attacks and realizing the world is not as safe as I once thought it was...looking back, I view this vacation as "where I needed to be" in order to help me deal with the upheavals.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't gone to too many places, but I think my coolest vacations were to New Orleans and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. New Orleans was absolutely beautiful and I loved everything about it. I want to go back so badly. Wyoming was another amazing trip because I stayed in a little cottage at the base of the Teton Mountains and went hiking and canoeing and all sorts of stuff. I saw bison and even got trapped outside by one (it was standing outside of my cabin door so I had to wait for it to leave before I could go inside). I met a lot of awesome people while I was there and gah. Just amazing. I'm taking a two week trip to Ireland in June with my best friend, so I'm sure that will end up being my favorite/coolest vacation, but I can't say anything about it yet ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Antarctica.....what? It was very cold down there. XD jk.

Going to Chicago was the best, cuz of fun relatives, all the wii games and the free time to play them, the town, the museums, everything was great!...Except for the cold whether. 

• Brohoof 1

Do I have to pick one?

Both trips to Sydney, Australia. My ex lived there, and he flew me over twice. I went in winter, but it was amazing, if cold. Especially the Taronga zoo. It's built into a cliff, and has amazing views.

The other was my honeymoon. Went on a cruise to Alaska. We both got insanely sick, but it was worth it. It was beautiful there, we got to go dog sledding (and see puppies!), and because we went at the end of tourist season, all the souvenirs we bought were half off, or more. It cruise ended in Vancouver, which is the coolest friggen city ever. Almost ever building over 5 stories tall had a rooftop garden, and it was the first time we saw sunshine the entire cruise.

• Brohoof 1

I've been on two very cool ones.

I went to Cambodia and man was the plane ride long. 18 hours! The plane touched down and when I stepped out hot air just blew in my face. 90 degrees Fahrenheit at night and its raining. That's what you get at the equator. I hated it due to the immense heat that lasted all day. I saw fried tarantula and was scared of it then but now I want to go back and try it. The insects their are really big. I saw a fly like 3 inches long and it scared the living soul out of me.  :lol:

I went to Boston and Connecticut by myself to visit my friends. I went to the science museum in Boston and loved it because they had a real life size of the Naboo starfighter there. Only two hours away from Connecticut. My friends have two cats named Tom and Jerry.

I love plane rides. Can't wait until I get to go on another.  

• Brohoof 1

I have not been out of the country in quite some years, my favorite vacation has to be when i went to Myrtle beach a few years ago. I just really enjoy the beach and that vacation has been the most recent so i was the oldest, they keep getting better and better the older i get.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

2003 we went to a family reunion down in Florida. We went to Orlando studios. My entire family went on the Jaws ride they had there. I was under the impression that it was going to be like that boat ride in the original Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. Unfortunately for me, I was wrong. I sat trapped in between two people and I screamed in absolute unadulterated terror. My scream ignited everyones screams. The lady next to me tried to give me a hug and calm me down but I was in full fight or flight mode. She had the marks to prove it. I had short yet very sharp nails in my arsenal. The next ride we went on was the ET ride. My sister hated that ride as much as she hated jaws. My brain was utterly screwed the rest of the time we were there because I was still terrified of the water because of that jaws ride. My mom laughed at me when we got off the ride and said she was never gonna let me live that down.

• Brohoof 1

Backpacking in the Rockies. I've never left Canada, but I have a feeling nothing can top hiking through the mountains. The fresh air, the view, the quiet, Nature untainted, save for the dirt path on which we walked, the stars in the sky. There is less fuss; everything you need is in your backpack. Best vacation so far.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Well, my vacation time is almost over.

Getting back real soon.

Been with my family to Europapark in Germany for a week. Spend 3 days in the park, went sightseeing, swimming, ... It was great, but it'll feel good to be home again.

So, what was your fav vacation ever? Where'd you go? What did you do? :D

I suppose my favorite would be 18 years ago when I went to visit some family in Hawaii. I loved the food, the atmosphere and everything else the only thing I didn't like was that it was this monsoon that happened while I was there and the mosquitos.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favorite "vacation" was last year when I studied abroad in Vienna, Austria for a month. There was a lot of sightseeing, good eating (:squee:), and a bunch of other activities we did over there. Not to mention we had a few weekend trips to surrounding countries to expand on our adventure. We did experience all 4 seasons in a month there :blink:.

Aaand the trip spoiled me xD.

Edited by Super80 Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

I've been many places in the last ten years, but very few of them could actually be considered vacations, since most of them were band trips, and one an orchestra trip. lol.

So excluding those from the outset, I'd say my favorites were Washington D.C./Baltimore and southern California. I went to D.C./Baltimore exactly ten years ago, and California exactly nine years ago. lol What's the point in mentioning that? I don't know... Just thought it was neat that I went to D.C. exactly ten years ago. (My time flies!)

I remember lots of discomfort on both trips... Endless walking on the D.C./Baltimore trips, and um...sand on the California trip. We literally camped on the beach a few of the days! I hate camping my default, and that kind of took the cake, because all of the sand, and my complete aversion to using showers at camping sites. (They're soooo gross!) D:

However, despite all of the walking I loved the D.C. trip. We went there right when my interest in history really started becoming clear to me, and we got to tour through all of the museums and I was all like "OMG!!! So cool!!" lol. I don't remember much about Baltimore, though. Kind of sad, I was, like, 15... I should be able to remember this stuff. >.<

And despite all of the sand, I loved the California vacation as well. I was so excited to get to see a beach, because I literally hadn't been to one since I was really little. How ironic that I haven't seen one since, and might not ever get to see one again. I remember being mesmerized by how different it is over there. Mountains everywhere, and they're so beautiful! Plus those big tall palm trees! I loved those. xD

Oh, and the sunset!

IMGP0030.jpg

One of the very few pictures I even have left from the trip. Kind of sad...

I just can't believe how long it has been. Wow. It hurts a lot to think about that time...

• Brohoof 1

Fav vacation ever? Lazing out in the French riviera. Nice in particular - fantastic name for a city by the way - The beach - the sand, the waves the sun. I could lose myself there.

• Brohoof 1