Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Twilicorn had remained a secret until the Finale

Pinkazoid

99 users have voted

1. 1. Would it had changed your views on her?

• No
    • Yes (Pro-Twilicorn)
    • Yes (Anti-Twilicorn)
    • Maybe
    • I'm not sure.

I was wondering,

If Twilicorn had remained a secret until the Finale, would that would of changed your views of her?

It would of had changed my views somewhat, and most likely far more people being against her. It'd be more unexpected, and it wouldn't had allowed the community to calm down, rethink, and perhaps put as much trust into the episodes soon to come.

I myself think It might of changed my reaction to her, not because I liked the idea, but I hadn't put much mind into it, I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up, to be severely torn and shreded once I saw the finale. ;-;

• Brohoof 4

Well it wouldn't have changed anything for me seeing as I don't like the idea to begin with. 

I can't think that anyone who is anti-Twilicorn would think differently if it was sprung on them as a surprise.

I wouldn't have been as afraid of the episode once Twilight went to space...

But it wouldn't have changed the fact that the last 10 min of the episode was just a giant advertisement.

As to whether I like or dislike alicorn twilight... I am still undecided. I'm hoping that the writers can pull off another miracle and patch the plot holes that this opened up.

Then that scene would have been one of the most epic moments so far in this series.

Sure, my jaw would drop down to the floor, but it would have been really cool

• Brohoof 2

No, if anything it would have made me freak out 10 times worse. Sure the whole "coronation" hype was the princess of all spoilers which I can understand would annoy quite a few people for me it helped me come to terms with it and lessened quite a bit of the shock of it. I am still against the idea but am holding out hope that even though it was a bit too soon that it will still work out.

Id probably be anti. I mean, since we saw it coming, it wasn't very much of a shock. So, I was a bit more okay with it. On the other hand, Im not fully sure.

• Brohoof 1

In all honesty, it really wouldn't have changed my views on it at all.

I was already Pro-Twilicorn anyways and I pretty much already saw it since the beginning (her element is a crown guise imean, seriously. And don't get me started on the Crystal Empire episode)

All-in-all, she pretty much HAD to grow up sometime

and I don't think that just growing wings out of nowhere is going to increase her life expectancy either

I see the living forever thing for Celestia and Luna only...

No not really, I am not against this 'TWICORN' really I don't even know why people call her 'TWICORN' as if she is really different from what she used to be she is still the same pony as she was before!

But anyway back to conversation, No it wouldn't see her differently, maybe she thought that her friends would of disliked her because of it or maybe even got jealous. 

But I think this is a good question and makes a lot of sense! Because of all the opinions of 'TWICORN' (Erummm Twilight as an Alicorn....) 

Not me personally, but I've hated the idea to begin with. However, I think the aftermath would have been much worse. Whether you like the idea or not, I think we can all agree that the early reveal gave people a chance to cool down and at least give it a chance.

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn't have changed my opinion in the slightest. I honestly do not care one way or the other towards Twilicorn or however. But the fallout would have been fun to watch. Imagine if it were a surprise. No preparation, just blammo, one newly winged Twilight Sparkle. The people would have freaked out. But it's better this way. There might have been some chaos ( :umad: ) if no one had known beforehand. It's as if whoever gave us the heads up did it for our benefit.

Well, if Twilicorn had remained a secret 'til then, I would've been a lot more excited about seeing the finale, since I wouldn't know what would happen next. :P

But I don't think it would change my views, I think I'd still give her a chance. But then, maybe not. I might have second thoughts on it. But for the most part I don't think so, but I kinda wished they didn't spoil pretty much the whole finale for us, as I kinda expected what was going to happen in the finale. But other than that, I don't think it would've cause a major change on my views of Twilicorn. 

To me Magical Mystery Cure and Twilicorn are pretty good (Hate me if you must) but I think that it would be better if that held of until that finale Faust was talking about (she was going to originally make Twilight sucseed Celestia at the end of the show). Still I think i would like Twilicorn a bit bettter if that was the case.

I think I would have loved it being a surprise, just because I would have freaked out so bad! I wish it was a huge shock. I'm already completely indifferent on the whole Twilicorn deal, so it probably wouldn't change my actual opinion on her becoming a princess, but I would have had more fun with a surprise.

Yeah probably, because honestly at first I didn't like the idea, but I've got time to process it and I'm atleast more accepting and neutral about the idea, if it just happened I'd probably be shocked and alot more opposed to it until i calmed down.

• Brohoof 1

Oh man, I'm just wondering what would of happened if it had remained secret.  EXPLOSION!!!!

My views wouldn't have changed on it at all.  I actually like the idea of Twilicorn and it wouldn't have changed my views.

Well I meant Yes (Anti-Twilicorn). The thing is nobody knew this was going to happen. I don't hate Twilight just this dumb unnecessary change in biology. She could of just been a princess without changing into an alicorn. Or better yet been an unicorn and been promoted to a doctor, professor or any other title that isn't associated with philosophy.

The wait for Season 4 would be even more dreadful if Twilicorn was kept a secret. To have such a drastic change happen the way it did so suddenly, and then have to wait several months for closure.

It'd be maddening.

My views will stay the same as it was when I saw the Season 3 finale. I'd have to say the finale was rushed but, I think I'm still neutral in liking/hating Twilight.

I will say the episode would have felt much better. I mean, every time something odd happened i was like "Twilicorn? Twilicorn? TWILI-Oh wait, never mind"

And then when the "magic" Twilight wrote blasted her into Limbo with Princess Celestia, that whole part was ruined for me because I knew what was going to happen. I for one LOVE it when a show tricks you into believing something else will happen, and this episode being spoiled ruined that for me.

But the whole first part was pretty damn good.