Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible new Mane 6 Character in Season 4?

Sir.Flutter Hooves

Hello and bro hoof to you all /)

I'm guessing that everyone has already seen Magical Mystery Cure, am I correct? Well when Twilight was coming down from singing with Celestia her Cutie Mark showed 6 stars instead of the regular 5. Here's the picture incase anyone's interested: post-13325-0-37468000-1362792870.jpeg

So, with Twilight being gone and Rarity being the only Unicorn in the Mane 6 could the sixth star mean a new Unicorn coming in? Or could it be one of the regular animation errors?

Then there is this new masked unicorn toy that is about to go up for sale. post-13325-0-91533500-1362793026.jpeg

Could this Sunset Shimmer be the new Mane 6 character?!

Let me know, and bro hoof /)

• Brohoof 18

So, with Twilight being gone

She isn't gone...

And there were six Elements of Harmony to correspond with the six original Mane 6 members. They would have to create a new one for this Sunset Shimmer pony. I'm not sure how they would do that without seeming like they're off on the most enormous tangent.

Nonetheless, I'd still like to see that pony canon, just not as a Mane 6 - that's a pretty great character design ;)

• Brohoof 15

Hmm.. Interesting if true. You know what.. I'm okay with the idea. I like her design too. It's still speculation of course but she looks interesting enough to say "I wanna know what she's all about." As long as she isn't outright unlikable, new Mane 6 members aren't a bad thing. They just need to be written so they naturally fit in with the gang. Maybe Hasbro figures since Twilight is no longer the new girl they should have a pony for new watchers to relate too. That luchador mask does strike me as something that wouldn't be on just a generic pony used only for toys.

• Brohoof 3

WTBB?!?!?!?! WE DON'T NEED THE MANE 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MANE 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1NOT MANE7 !!!!!!!!!!

it makes no sense.............................   6n9 I just don't know what went wrong.............I has a big sad. a HUGE sad.da biggest sad in teh history of sads.

• Brohoof 4

If you watch very closely when Twilight's eyes flash when she figures out how to fix the magic the 6 star cutie mark is shown. I think the 6 starts is a sign that her studies are complete. 

I don't think they will be adding a new pony to the mane 6 because Twilight is now a alicorn. Would she take over the magic shard when she replaces twilight, I don't think that would happen. Just my thoughts

• Brohoof 3

I think the symbol symbolizes that, Twilight has now achieved what she wanted to do in her studies. I think it is just a speculation that there might be a new Mane 6 character, but I find it very unlikely. Adding a new character, would make no sense because if you add a new character that is new to Ponyville and the show and especially into the Mane 6 would be pointless. But, it could be a possibility.

Well, it is a rumor, and even though the last few rumors have turned out to be true, I doubt this one is.   I mean, getting rid of Twilie?  I don't think they could do it, or there would be a huge brony uproar.   

(edited)

Well, it is a rumor, and even though the last few rumors have turned out to be true, I doubt this one is. I mean, getting rid of Twilie? I don't think they could do it, or there would be a huge brony uproar.

They won't get rid of Twilight. I think if there is a new mane pony she'll be like a new friend they hang out with. Most episodes only have a few of the Mane 6 in them anyways so an additional friend wouldn't make it feel crowded unless they had to show all 7 of them all the time.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 3

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Iiiiiiiiinteresting.... Could be... Looking even more forward to Season 4, now. Of course, that could just be a classic animation error, and the masked unicorn could be a one-episode-only cameo character.

(/

I doubt this would ever happen (or so I hope). Here are some prime reasons why it more than likely won't happen...

• If they were to have a new character cast it would upset the whole story and they would probably just be better off starting G5.
  • They already have characters designed (it takes a lot of work to make 6 new characters plus giving them personality's  new voice actors, and etc.).
  • Hasbro would not have to spend extra money to draw (new characters), animate (the new characters), and write (backgrounds for each of the six). The makers of MLP unfortunately don't make a living off of rainbows and magic unfortunately. 

Interesting concept and I'd be ok with it if real.  THe thing is Twilight isn't gone she's just an alicorn.  This won't give away any interactions that she used to have with the characters.  

Here's something to blow your minds. Look at the name. Sunset Shimmer. Sunset = Twilight, Shimmer = Sparkle. I'm not so sure that it's too far out of the realm of possibility that this pony might appear in Season 4.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

I've been thinking about this. It's a bit puzzling considering the masked pony toy set consists of only Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and this mysterious Sunset Shimmer. Twilight Sparkle, is absent for some reason. I think if they we're going to add a new mane character to the group, they wouldn't do it this way. Especially when season 4 is still in production.

Maybe the toy was originally supposed to be Twilight, but because of her alicorn transformation they scrapped the idea and just made a similar pony, hence the synonymous name. I don't know what the reasoning behind that might be though, and since we're seeing other unicorn Twilight products still on the way, (4th Dimension plush toy) I'm not sure. It is worth noting that Sunset Shimmer's cutie mark is very unique, and she's not just a recolor of a mane six character like most toy only ponies are. She uses the same pose as Twilight, but her mane is very much an original one.

Interestingly, there is an older generation pony named 'Sun Shimmer' and she looks very much like Sunset Shimmer.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Sun_Shimmer

She could easily just be a toy, and at the moment, that's all I can see her being. She's an emergency replacement toy to make up for the lack of Twilight in this set. That explains the numerous similarities. But I certainly would not rule out a new main character as a possibility, especially IF Twilight's transformation is to be permanent. Adding a new unicorn pony can solve the imbalance issues, and it also means yet another pony for Hasbro to sell merchandise of. G3 MLP had seven lead characters, and if that show could balance them all out, then the FiM writers would have no trouble.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

maybe its a sort of continuation cycle they have to keep the series alive, twilight will ascend politically to enter a position of power somewhere underneath Celestia's but possibly something like Cadance's. Sunshine Shimmer may become the replacement for Twilight and may take Twilight's position both in the mane 6 but also as a "faithful student." She may end up indirectly becoming Twilight's student

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

ya know, i would actually be okay with this if it was true.

not twily being replaced (i don't think she'll ever be replaced) but a new pony as part of the mane 6 7.

she is certainly intriguing! i'd love to see this sunset glimmer pony in the show. and also like full spectrum said, her name is very much similar to twilight's.

Edited by crazitaco

Hello and bro hoof to you all /)

I'm guessing that everyone has already seen Magical Mystery Cure, am I correct? Well when Twilight was coming down from singing with Celestia her Cutie Mark showed 6 stars instead of the regular 5. Here's the picture incase anyone's interested: attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

So, with Twilight being gone and Rarity being the only Unicorn in the Mane 6 could the sixth star mean a new Unicorn coming in? Or could it be one of the regular animation errors?

Then there is this new masked unicorn toy that is about to go up for sale. attachicon.gifdragonballzcentral_2253_20413995463.jpeg

Could this Sunset Shimmer be the new Mane 6 character?!

Let me know, and bro hoof /)

yeah i now hate this pony coz it makes my OC Summer Blossom seem copied... GREAT -.- or maybe... Hasbro stalked me and loved my OC's colours and stole them (im joking, jeeze calm down) XD

Hmmm, I don't know what to think about this. Didn't one of the VAs say (Tara Strong, I think) that Twilight would not be leaving her friends? If this is true, then why on earth would she need a replacement? I really don't want Twilight to leave the Mane 6, and this 'new pony' worries me slightly because I think this rumor has a possibility of coming true.

Twilight will be staying in Ponyville, that's been confirmed. Even though I'd love to see this character canon, because she looks awesome, I seriously doubt they'll add her to the Mane Six. I'd hate to see that happen! And I'm guessing I'm right in assuming that everypony else would too.

I think it's "Mane" it's a play on words since Ponies have Manes. Anyway, I happen to love this pony's design. And I would like to see her more often. But, I don't think it's very wise for them to replace Twilight with somepony else. Twilight has a very large fan following kinda similair to Rainbow Dash. And if she's replaced, that might mean we see less of Twilight, and that wouldn't be a good thing. I would however love to see this pony in the show as a supporting character.

WTBB?!?!?!?! WE DON'T NEED THE MANE 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MANE 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1NOT MANE7 !!!!!!!!!!

it makes no sense.............................   6n9 I just don't know what went wrong.............I has a big sad. a HUGE sad.da biggest sad in teh history of sads.

Nailed it.

I feel like maybe the makers of the show, if they do this, will be trying to take the plot changes and crap that make this not just a children's show a bit too far. I'm not saying that it would be bad, it all just depends on how they go through with it.

The problem with introducing a new main character this late into the show is finding a way to get them to fit in. The Mane 6 exist because they are not only friends, but they all share a common responsibility to something bigger than themselves:

The Elements of Harmony.

While it's easy to introduce a new friend to the Mane 6, making that character useful in life-or-death situations (which has become more common since Season 1) outside of their daily life would be difficult. The Elements have been used by six ponies for three seasons now, so introducing a new element is out of the question.

So, it's nearly impossible to introduce a new main character without destroying their own lore or making that character completely useless in a fight.

• Brohoof 2