Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When was your first time...

Expired delta

I discovered the joys of ponies about 3 weeks ago after my friend pressured me into watching them.I've never been more happy to be peer pressured before.I watched the pilots and fell in love straight away. I am now a fully fledged brony, having watched all episodes twice, memorized the music, constantly referencing the show and adding MLP merchandise to my birthday list. :D

I started watching it in about November of 2010, like a month after the show came out. I browse /co/ a lot and people were going on and on how about how amazing the new My Little Pony was.I thought everyone was just joking, because the first thing that comes to mind was the older gens, I always hated those (and still do.) I loaded Elements of Harmony Part 1 and 2 on my PSP, made sure no one was around me, and watched both episodes. I was pleasently suprised. Then when Equestria Daily started up, I was hooked on the show.

Oddly enough, the first time I heard about ponies was when a Kyrospawn (he's a well-known YouTube uploader who mainly uploads small clips from the show) video appeared in the related videos section on YouTube. It was from Party Of One, and I didn't know what the clip was from at the time as it didn't say. It just said the character's name and the name of the clip. I disregarded it, but kept returning to the clip from time to time.

A few months later, in August 2011, it was in a Minecraft server where I heard somebody ask if anybody was a Brony. I then left the server and went to go check out what the terminology meant on Urban Dictionary, and approached the show with an open mind. I watched the episodes in chronological order, so I started with Friendship Is Magic - Part 1, and from the minute I saw Twilight Sparkle, I knew I was going to enjoy this. The show made me feel joy-something I haven't truly felt in a very long time. Everything from the animation to the characters just felt magical and heart-warming. I then proceeded to watch Part 2, and it was just as amazing as part one.

Had I not gone into that Minecraft server, I never would have discovered this amazing community of friends. No, more then that. Family. This family of loving, accepting people who will love and accept you even if you don't like the same things they do. I know a few non-Bronies in this server, and it just goes to show how much everybody cares about each other here. I love this fanbase and everybody in it!

Spoiler'd for being three paragraphs long.

Edited by CynicalBrony The Derpiest

On the way to a church that was like 1.5 hours away. "This show is so awesome. Did I just call this show awesome? Oh God."

After I watched the full first season, i started reading fiction, listening to the remixes, and becoming aware of all the great works of art the fanbase produces. I couldnt resist being a part of such an awesome fanbase.

I was at a small party of mostly other bronies. After a few weeks of feeling left out, and a lot of sheer boredom, I resolved to at least try it. I started with the pilot episodes, and in a matter of days I had gotten up to date on the show. I'm now a brony for life, or at least until I get tired of it, although I probably wouldn't freely admit it in public. Thank you, anonymity of the internet!

Well after getting fed up of all the macros and memes on a certain website.... I decided to finally take a gander at the first episode. I think my broniess set in after finishing the first season.

Saw an Osama Bin Laden meme when he died, a rainbow dash salute pic captioned, "we got him bronies." At first I was like WTF are bronies? 3 months later, join the herd.

and that's how Equestria was made!

The huge MLP threads on imageboards started it for me. One day I actually looked at some of the pics and realized that there were people within my own demographic who actually enjoyed the show. Cue the dumbfounded curiosity… My first time watching MLP had to have been sometime during the 2nd week of December, because I remember watching up until episode 9 in the usual viewing of every episode ordeal that happens after becoming hooked. The first thing that I thought was “how the hell can show about ponies be this good!?” I joined the forums a few days later, because I knew I couldn’t tell my friends/family about becoming a fan of the show, so I figured why not talk & meet some cool people who already enjoy it?

First time to watch MLP? Very early in the morning at 5:00 AM during the first days of school

Edited by Narutardedscum

In early August a guy blogged about it, and I watched the first 3 episodes.

I decided that this show was freakin' worth all my spare time, so I watched the rest of the season the day after.

I was waiting for the new episode of Sonic F abridged by the sonicparadox team, when on april first I saw episode 5.5, i opend it up and it was actually their first episode of their MLP abridged siereis,I saw 3 sec and i got mad and slamed the computer shut. A few weeks later i was bored and thought eh... it's still the same team, it's got be atlleas somewhat funny. I watched the abridged episode and loved it, I saw some more abridged mlp episodes until I decided to watch a real episode. and I'v been a brony ever since

Edited by SXCJ40

November 28th, 2011 was the day I saw the show for the first time. My first episode was Suited for Success, and the only one I saw that day. I tried to convince myself I didn't like it, but I realized that night that I loved the episode and wanted more. I joined this forum 4 days later. :)

That's about the time I started hearing about the fan fics of mlp

First episode I watched - The very first one, The Mare In The Moon, way back when it was first aired.

First thoughts when I watched - "Well the style is...okay, actually pretty smooth and cute, reminds me of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends...oh hey Spike looks cool now! And he sounds good too! ...oh god they kept the theme song...bit rocked up buuuuuut let's see where this goes."

When I first became a brony - Well, first adapting the actual title with a humble dignity you mean? About...three months ago?

I actually first saw it from this YouTube channel called "SonicFSeries" where they parody episodes of Sonic X. They did FIM as an April Fools joke, and I got a little ticked, but then I laughed at the parody.

My friend then told me to watch the show, and I saw the pilot, and realized: "Hey, this was the parody they did!" After a few episodes, I was a brony.

First time I watched the show it was during the last 7 minutes of The Gala. Before that, though, I was captivated by a rainbow pony only appearing for milliseconds on a HUB promo when the channel first aired. I knew from that moment in RD was eat pony.

I pretty much ignored it for a while. My friends would post pony stuff on their Facebooks and it made me go "MLP? Wtf?". Eventually around September or so I started watching some PMVs. In October, I watched a PMV titled "Return of Nightmare Moon" and that was what finally drove me to watch an episode (I decided to watch the first episode first). Been a brony ever since.

• Brohoof 1

mid december last year i saw the KYM episode and read the article, figured anything that causes that much ruckus must have something to it. and so i searched youtube, found season one all in one vid, "if i don't like it i can just watch something else." 10 hours later i was searching for season 2, and a couple weeks ago (i think, the date should be on my profile) i got on these forums.

my first impression was "why would guys my age like this pony show?" and then heard on the KYM vid that faust was involved and that she was responsible for foster's and powerpuff girls, that's really why i figured there must be something GOOD to this show. and now for the second time in my life i've spent money on merch for a tv show (firefly lunchbox, and now RD fashion style and coozie)

• Brohoof 1

December 30th, 2011. At first I was like, what on Earth is this, but then I decided to give it a shot. Turns out it had amazing detail, in depth characters (also designed very well), good stories per episode, and lots of humor. Reminded me something on the lines of Spongebob for memorable quotes and design reminded me of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Kept on watching it since that time, and the love's still growing.