Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP-Induced habits

bladereaper07

Did the MLP-FIM show bring about something new in you? A habit perhaps? It did on me. I now unconsciously/consciously ponify almost everything in my sentences IRL. I also have a tendency to spurt out random MLP quotes. Such as Rarity's "Worst Possible Thing" and Pinkie Pie's "Pinkie Promise".

I find myself using Big Mac quotes to answer yes or no questions. I don't know if that counts as a habit or not. Another thing is that since I became a brony Saturday has been my favorite day of the week, although that's not necessarily a habit.

• Brohoof 10

As soon as I wake up, I always check fimfiction for new updates. And while I guess you can't call this next one a 'habit' as such, but MLP is the reason I gave up playing Tekken after 18 years of playing it. (no, really. I've owned every game in the series since the first one launched on PS1) This is after attending tournaments for a couple of years, and racking up over 800 hours on Tekken 6 alone. Some people used to call me the best Kuma in Europe, but with ponies in my life, I knew that I couldn't commit myself to that anymore. I believe that I made the right choice.

• Brohoof 2

I often quote various ponies, and I visit Fimfiction, MLPforums, and Equestria Daily like several times a day. I listen to music from the show a lot, and as of late, I seem to say goodnight and goodmorning to my phone wallpaper of Vinyl :P

It seems like everything I do is pony related. All my other hobbies and interests have just been forgotten.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... I do say eeyup instead of yes while I am texting or messagin on facebook, and I do seem to pinkie promise now tongue.png , but I don't consider them habbits. I really just consider them things I do because I like the show. Just like wearing MLP t-shirts and wristbands. I wear the wristbands everydayhappy.png .

I've never really developed any habits based on MLP, except there was a short time there where I was saying things were 20% cooler. Mostly referring to the freezer and dairy cooler where I work at Wal-Mart. :3

Other than that, no real habit. I usually just stick to my own created phrases, cause I like to be unique. derpy_emoticon1.png

This site has become somewhat of an addiction so I guess I can count that as a habit, I find myself saying eeeeeeyup a bit more than I did before and best of all I find my creative side which I have let lay dormant for a bit too long coming back with a vengeance.

as soon as I wake up I tend to check on this site for anything new to discuss that is MLP related or just to check on any new notifications that I may or may not have...

I've been inspired to create more than I have in years! :)

And I've found myself applying the lessons from the show, (I feel kinda silly for having lived so many years and to have the show's lessons on friendship and being a better person be eye-openers, but it is what it is! :) )

• Brohoof 1

The only habit I can think of is my sudden interest in all things apples. I have always loved apples themselves, but now I eat them more than ever. I also eat more apple related desserts, like pies and fritters, and I even drink that Mexican apple soda. And suddenly, those nasty green apple candies taste a lot better than they used to.

So basically, I eat and drink more junk? Thanks a heap, Applejack. huh.png

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

There have been a few.

• "Okey dokey lokey!" is now a phrase that I use.
  • For indicating favourite things, I don't say things like "Madeon is the best house artist", I remove the "the" like in "is best pony". So I say "Madeon is best house artist."
  • When people say "I am ____________", I respond with "No you're not, you're a chicken." People don't know where it's from, for them it's just another random phrase I like to use.
  • Brohoof 4

Im incorruptable. I'd think after a year of being a brony, and no effect on my habits, that nothing will ever happen. I do tend to reply with Nope a lot, but i did that before i watched the show, most likelytaken  from TF2's Nope.avi

I have adapted a large craving of apples and apple related food/drink products. Dunno if MLP is the reason and i say brohoof lol

do you get withdrawal symptomes? do you do hoofstands?  do you eat ALL of the apple inclueding the core! (do you like all apples inclueding crab apples)

Like said above, I too, use the calming gesture in Games Ponies Play. I also quote the show a lot, but no o ne ever gets it. Another thing I do is when I go to the grocery store. I will go to the apple section be reminded of the Apple Family when I see Braeburn, Mcintosh, and granny Smith apples.

As many others have mentioned, I have also developed speaking habits now thanks to the show. I say Eeyup and Nope instead of Yes and No first of all. I also say Okey Dokey Lokey in response to a lot of things. Only thing I wish would stop happening is that I keep almost saying everypony instead of everyone. Gotta avoid that when I'm at work, heh...

Among my friends, I also request brohoofs whenever we have to part ways. They always humor, because they don't mind the show or the fact that I'm a Brony. Or maybe they do, and their seething hatred somehow stays wrapped under their skin.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Hard to be sure.

Anyway, I also check Equestria Daily about three times a day, check Youtube for new videos from Bronies, and now I'm on this site a lot ever since I joined a few days ago.

Whenever I become as heavily involved in something as I have with MLP or Star Trek, I become a library of quotes, even if they're from brief or very obscure moments in the show. So now I'm prone to thinking or sometimes saying random nonsense from MLP at every opportunity, though nobody has any idea that's what's going through my mind (I don't have any brony friends irl).

I can't even hear the word "nope" anymore without thinking of Big Mac. wacko.png

• Brohoof 1

Here is what habit I have developed

•I say the phrase "Ookie Dokie Loki"

•I say Eeyup and nope in Big Mac style

•I have a cravin for apples. Always liked them, but now even more. All apple related products included. By the way I do eat the core.

•When someone says that something doesn't make sense I say "What fun is there in making sense"

•I say "yay" like Fluttershy

•I go on this Forum a lot.

•I check EuestriaDaily, well daily

•I am inspired to do fan-work

•When I study I always think of Twilight and that encourages me to study harder

•When I play fighting video games I name the moves different things, sorta like Rainbow names her moves.

If addiction to this forum counts then yes.

Funny thing is, I actually responded to pretty much every question with "Yup" and "Nope" even before I watched MLP. This is why my brother and sister laughed their little heads off when they noticed how Big Mac talks. On to actual things...

I will use "Okey dokey loki" in conversation.

I will hunt down cider if there is an opportunity to get some.

Seeing rainbows vaguely cheers me up.

When people reference the book series Twilight, I think of unicorns.

If I'm reading something and they use the word rarity (or for that matter clarity) I perk up a little bit.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

For some reason, I'm into books like Twilight is.

I keep thinking about Rainbow Dash a lot, and plus I keep checking forums in the morning and when I get back from school.

I check Equestria Daily, and other pony related stuff just to look at the new stuff.

I read fanfictions and to me they feel more interesting then actual books.

I know I have a problem. :P

• Brohoof 1

I admit a few habits have come out from watching MLP:

• Big Mac's Eeyup and Eenope.
  • Pinkie's Okie Dokie Lokie and use of the word silly
  • Rarity's It Is On
  • Rainbow's 20% cooler
  • Twilight's gesture to calm down
  • Sunshine sunshine, lady bugs awake Nah, just kidding
  • Other random quotes from the show like "Foreveeeeeer"
  • I now refer to fistbumps as brohoofs.
  • I sing pony songs. It starts in my head but eventually I sing aloud. Recently I sing Winter Wrap Up a lot
  • And a final one, not from the show per se, but I tend to use "Because, ponies" as a random explanation in discussion.
  • Brohoof 1

I like to insert quotes every now and then into normal everyday talking lol

But most noticably, I have become alot friendlier and helpful to people. So I owe alot to MLP and the Brony community for making me alot happier these days ^_^

Hopefully I help others become happier too...