Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Would Your Favorite Pony Be If G4 Came Out When You Were A Kid?

Shanks

My favorite pony has long been Applejack as many of you here know and Luna and Twilight eventually tied with her making my favorite pony list quite crowded. But this one other thread gave me an idea and it is this, who do you think your favorite pony would be if G4 ie Friendship Is Magic came out when you were a kid? For me it would probably either be Twilight Sparkle or Pinkie Pie, Twilight because she would have reminded me of Donatello who was an still is my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and I would have related even more to her social awkward and slight OCD tendencies back then I do now as I overcame much of that later on in life when my inner Applejack started to creep in. And Pinkie Pie because I have always liked random and silly characters.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite pony would probably be the 1st pony I would see, I wouldn't really care who it was. But if it did, Octavia would probably have been my favorite pony.

Probably either Pinkie Pie or Twilight. Pinkie, because I could probably relate to her. (I was insane when I was a kid. Not even joking, compared to other kids, I was the craziest.) And Twilight, because she's kinda the Mane character. I kinda have a tendency to like Main characters.

Not Trixie.

Probably Pinkie. She was my favorite pony in G3, so that would probably still apply now. Maybe Twilight though, if I didn't care.

Still Luna. Different reasons, as I wouldn't be quite as self-aware of *why* I like Luna, but still the Princess of the Night.

The rest of my list of favorite ponies would get re-arranged though, as I would have been unaware of fancannon that has developed around them.

• 1 month later...

Well, I probably wouldn't of watched it, as it was My Little Pony... But...Um.

See, it depends on which time of my life it was.

If it was before a certain time, it would be either Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, or a very rare chance of being Pinkie Pie.

During the certain time I won't get into details with, it would probably be Luna. (She's still my favourite Princess, though nowadays anyways. :U )

But, I really don't know.  HYPOTHESISISISISISISISISIS.

I AM a kid. But earlier in my childhood, I probably would've liked Twilight Sparkle because "she's just like me". Depending on how old I was, Rarity would also be a possibility for "ISH SO UNDERATTED AND SPESHUL". I did think girly things were stupid for a while, though...

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash.

Most of the girls I grew up around were hard-luck cases with attitudes. RD would've been the embodiment of how I hoped those girls really were: lots of bravado and fierce loyalty up front, but tender-hearted when no one was looking.

One girl who used to beat the living crap out of me when I was 9 told me years later that my friendship had been the most important thing to her, period. Nice to (eventually) know. I'm pretty sure she'd love RD if she knew about MLP: FiM.

• Brohoof 2

Um... Probably Rainbow Dash.  I grew up in the era of 80s action movies and shows like GI Joe and Transformers, so I think I definitely had a "violence is cool" mentality when it came to my entertainment.  And let's face it, she's the most likely in the mane six to choose "kick it in the face" as a viable option for solving problems. 

Same pony, different reasons. Celestia, of course.

Today I like her because of her qualities of being majestic, and benevolent.

If it came out when I was a kid, it probably would have been because of dat plot.

Probably Twilight because I can relate to her extreme social problems and lust for knowledge of all sorts. Back then I was more into characters I could identify with than ones I admired.

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid, probably Rarity, because she is in my opinion the funniest out of all them.  Twilight might'v been up there too.

(edited)

Huh, interesting.

I guess it would have to be either pinkie pie or rainbow dash.

Reasons why?

Pinkie pie is a hilarious and over the top 4th wall breaking character, she relates to many characters in my era like the ed's from ed, edd, n eddy.

Rainbow dash because she is a strong and amazing character who takes action to her hands like most tough guys like in samurai jack or robin from teen titans. 

Worth mentioning my favorite is rarity, so my choices has DRASTICALLY changed since then...

Edited by DXSilverX

(edited)

I'm still a teenager. But when I was younger, I might have liked Twilight the most, because she's the main character. I also probably would have liked her magic.

Edited by PowerStar89

Um... Probably Rainbow Dash. I grew up in the era of 80s action movies and shows like GI Joe and Transformers, so I think I definitely had a "violence is cool" mentality when it came to my entertainment. And let's face it, she's the most likely in the mane six to choose "kick it in the face" as a viable option for solving problems.

I would wholeheartedly agree with that.  I wasn't cool as a kid and I'd admire Dashie so much for oozing swag and coolness.  img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

But Fluttershy would still hold a special place in my heart for everything I would still have in common with her. 

Probably still Rainbow Dash, just for different reasons. Twilight might've had a decent chance though, mainly because I had a lot more in common with her back then.

Still Twily, for pretty much the same reasons as now: She reminds me a lot of myself. Aside from getting a bit wiser and more cryptic on occasion, I haven't really changed much since the good ol' days. wink.png

Pinkie would probably be close, though. I'd have found her funny. I mean, I do today. Just probably funnier.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash. She's the most awesome character, and as a child, I was more likely to go for characters that were tough or something.

(edited)

As I've grown older my tastes have changed drastically, so it's hard to say for sure who my favorite would have been, but if I had to guess...

I hated girly characters, so Rarity is out. Pinkie Pie is out by default because she's pink, and I hated pink. Rainbow Dash is out because I would've deemed her to be too much of a jerk for my tender heart. tongue.png

It boils down to Twilight, Applejack, and Fluttershy. I see my personality as being the closest to Fluttershy's, but even more so back when I was a kid, so I would've liked her even more then than I do now. Still, I don't think she would have been my favorite. Twilight would have been a hot ticket with me for being the main character and all, but...

I think that Applejack would have been my favorite even back then, and I think it might be because my dad would have loved her. He was from the Midwest and was raised on a farm. He loved watching bull riding and old Western movies, he listened to country music, and he dressed like a 'redneck', so I think if he sat through MLP cartoons with me, (and believe me, he endured some serious garbage on TV for the sake my brothers and me) he would have loved Applejack for being the simple and ethical country gal. Maybe that's why I love AJ so much. She reminds me of my father. sad.png

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Unfortunately if that was the case, at that age, I would have ignored it and thought of it as another 'Girly' show. I guess that is young and dumb! :P

But if I were to watch it then it would probably be Rainbow Dash since she would seem the most cool in my young eyes.