Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

who do you (in real life) think inspired the mane six

Unique Pinkie Pie

well the title explains it all who do you think in real life inspired the creation of the mane six

though there is not alot of proof nor is there anything against it i think they are based on the six teenagers who died on the same day becuase they are quite close to the descriptions of each character

story below

but as always what do you think

I'm pretty sure you're joking. laugh.png

In case you're not, though, and for anyone else reading this and making a surprisingly common mistake: Creepypastas are short *fictional* horror stories. If it's posted as a creepypasta, it's guaranteed that it's made up.

The various Mane6 characters were established back in the 80's, mostly with different names, and have evolved and modified over the years. They didn't spring out of some spiritual transference from a bunch of girls who allegedly died in 2004, unless you're thinking some form of time-travel was involved. happy.png

If you generated that particular creepypasta, not bad, good try. It will probably entertain a good number of people.

• Brohoof 1

He has a terrible mic.

When your h's become over-emphasized, it tends to be because your mic is bad.

Not to say your pronounciation is good, but, the mic will EMPHASIZE it.

Touching tale. It would be so much less touching without that bgm.

It would also be a lot more touching if his voice wasn't so shpechkesh.

I don't believe it.

Believe what you want, but, the moment you believe you believe you understand someone else in entirety, you are already wrong.

There is too much detail in this story which shouldn't make sense.

Even if the article existed, I can't believe whoever wrote the article KNEW them all personally.

I doubt it was written accurately.

This sounds more like a drama.

If, if this is true, then so be it.

It's still not worth talking about.

Learn from the past, live in the present, dream for the future. Simple way to go through.

I'm pretty sure you're joking. laugh.png

In case you're not, though, and for anyone else reading this and making a surprisingly common mistake: Creepypastas are short *fictional* horror stories. If it's posted as a creepypasta, it's guaranteed that it's made up.

The various Mane6 characters were established back in the 80's, mostly with different names, and have evolved and modified over the years. They didn't spring out of some spiritual transference from a bunch of girls who allegedly died in 2004, unless you're thinking some form of time-travel was involved. happy.png

If you generated that particular creepypasta, not bad, good try. It will probably entertain a good number of people.

but some can be true like the story called BEN

i think this one is true

and remember it is a theory like gravity is a theory

so remember not to question creepypasta logic

He has a terrible mic.

When your h's become over-emphasized, it tends to be because your mic is bad.

Not to say your pronounciation is good, but, the mic will EMPHASIZE it.

Touching tale. It would be so much less touching without that bgm.

I don't believe it.

Believe what you want, but, the moment you believe you believe you understand someone else in entirety, you are already wrong.

There is too much detail in this story which shouldn't make sense.

Even if the article existed, I can't believe whoever wrote the article KNEW them all personally.

I doubt it was written accurately.

This sounds more like a drama.

If, if this is true, then so be it.

It's still not worth talking about.

Learn from the past, live in the present, dream for the future. Simple way to go through.

i would of chosen one that had a better mic but they all had violent pics

one had fluttershy rotting without her eyes and crows were eating her

also i do not believe it entirely i just believe it as a theory

I tried looking up shpechkesh, but I failed miserably. It sounds Yiddish, but I could be wrong. I can think of a couple of different things it *might* mean from context, but for some reason I'd like to know what you meant by that? It might be a useful word to know.

I tried looking up shpechkesh, but I failed miserably. It sounds Yiddish, but I could be wrong. I can think of a couple of different things it *might* mean from context, but for some reason I'd like to know what you meant by that? It might be a useful word to know.

That was a pun, Fhao. XD

I was actually thinking "peckish" (isn't actually related to voices at all) and just changed the spelling around and added a few h's to emphasize the issue.

Eitherway, I doubt MLP was intended to have such a dark history.

It would sorta ruin it for the kids.

That was a pun, Fhao. XD

I was actually thinking "peckish" (isn't actually related to voices at all) and just changed the spelling around and added a few h's to emphasize the issue.

Hah! It's been forever since someone's shortened my name like that. Memories. smile.png

In any case, I can see what you were going for, sorry I didn't pick up on that. I'm a bit dense sometimes.

I can agree with him needing a better mic to cut down on those Haspirations. A reasonable one's not even that expensive anymore, relative to what I remember them being twenty-some years ago, back when my dad was looking for equipment for his gigs. What used to run $250-500, you can pick up for $25 now if you're smart about it. You can still dump hundreds of dollars into the stuff, but you don't have to now-a-days.

Well, all I know for sure is that Fluttershy was inspired by Lauren Faust's own shyness. They're all based on G1 characters, but the personalities are probably inspired by Faust's own personality.

The majority of the personalites they were given match the G1 character's that they were based on, but are still Lauren's own interpretations of them.  You have to remember that (despite what her haters say, and despite what her fans who happen to haters of G1 say) Lauren loved G1 in all it's forms (TV series, toyline, and stories) and wrote fanfictions of them.  The fanfictions, and the episodes that they became took things from the storylines of all of G1 (if you're wondering how a toy can have a storyline, the G1 toys came with a little story which gave a hint to the pony's personality, or what kind of things they did, or even which ponies they were friends with).  Lauren pretty much took the personality traits of the characters she liked from the G1 ponies and used them, but like most fanfiction writers included things from her perspective.  As you said, the shyness she gave Posey (soon to become Fluttershy) was included because she herself was shy as a child, when she came up with the storyline.  She also confessed that she gave Twilight some of her own mother's characteristics as well (Tara didn't even know that), but she still has the same personality as her G1 self.

• Brohoof 1

The majority of the personalites they were given match the G1 character's that they were based on, but are still Lauren's own interpretations of them.  You have to remember that (despite what her haters say, and despite what her fans who happen to haters of G1 say) Lauren loved G1 in all it's forms (TV series, toyline, and stories) and wrote fanfictions of them.  The fanfictions, and the episodes that they became took things from the storylines of all of G1 (if you're wondering how a toy can have a storyline, the G1 toys came with a little story which gave a hint to the pony's personality, or what kind of things they did, or even which ponies they were friends with).  Lauren pretty much took the personality traits of the characters she liked from the G1 ponies and used them, but like most fanfiction writers included things from her perspective.  As you said, the shyness she gave Posey (soon to become Fluttershy) was included because she herself was shy as a child, when she came up with the storyline.  She also confessed that she gave Twilight some of her own mother's characteristics as well (Tara didn't even know that), but she still has the same personality as her G1 self.

Thank you for that informative post.  smile.png  While I knew most of that, you added some little perspectives to it I wasn't aware of.  Basically, all Lauren did was take something that was aimed for a very young female audience and put her own spin on things to make it appealing to a larger audience.  She has already worked on several cartoons with fanbases beyond the target demographic.  So to do this with MLP also came quite naturally to her.  This is the reason so many Bronies were fearful when Lauren left the MLP scene.  They were worried that without her, it would quickly "degenerate" back into something only little children could enjoy.  Oh ye of little faith.  img-1309603-1-tongue.png

As someone who grew up in the '80s, I was well aware of MLP.  I hardly ever watched it because I was a boy.  But I did know that the same studio that made the Transformers and GI Joe series at the time also did that MLP cartoon.  If someone told me then that I would be a huge MLP fan in 2013, I would've thought they were nuts.  But I have nothing but respect for the G1 cartoon because that's what launched this franchise...at least the animation portion of it anyway.  In fact, I need to go watch some of it now just to see how "Fluttershyish" Posey really is. 

Here's something I found. 

No doubt about it, this is Fluttershy's ancestor.  The only thing that really grates on my nerves are the G1 voices the ponies had.  But the short clip about gardening fits Fluttershy to a T because of the good care she takes of the plants immediately around her cottage. 

Edited by Wingnut

As someone who grew up in the '80s, I was well aware of MLP.  I hardly ever watched it because I was a boy.  But I did know that the same studio that made the Transformers and GI Joe series at the time also did that MLP cartoon.  If someone told me then that I would be a huge MLP fan in 2013, I would've thought they were nuts.  But I have nothing but respect for the G1 cartoon because that's what launched this franchise...at least the animation portion of it anyway.  In fact, I need to go watch some of it now just to see how "Fluttershyish" Posey really is. 

Given you grew up in the 80's you won't have as much culture shock watching them as many other Bronies do. They're really not that bad, if you're familiar with typical 80's cartoons. Just watch out for the second G1 series "My Little Pony Tales", it's a tonal shift and can be a bit jarring.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...