Wrong Generation, Bad Birthday

Raiden_Opsaidoun

CODE RED, CODE RED, HIT THE ALARM NOW, SOUND THE SIRENS, NOOOOOOO-

*Takes a puff on pipe and calm down*

Well, that kind of sucks, my friend. Have you brought it up with your mother yet? And are you expecting any birthday gifts that are My Little Pony related?

Because, in that case, you may just see some G3 stuff coming your way...

• Brohoof 8

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

Per your b-day, you could've been born in the wrong generation. Which would've been far worse, trust me.

(Goes back to playing Pong on his B&W television.)

• Brohoof 1

Ain’t that Equestria / Drop on by / Ain’t that Equestria / Give friendship a try / Ain’t that Equestria / Ponies who fly / Little pink cupcakes for Pinkie Pie

Oh dear... That could turn very bad, very quickly... Maybe you should ask her not to use those balloons because it's the wrong group of ponies... Or simply explain the difference between generations, and how you don't like Gen 3.

• Brohoof 1

I am prone to leaving both short and long posts as well as with my profile feed...

blogentry-945-0-27341600-1402978348.jpg

I made this I am so proud of myself!

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

pete-alonso1.jpg.f27295daeb2f61a9d83493a73c62079d.jpg

Domine, tu omnia nosti, tu scis quia amo te.

All generations except 1 and 4 are HORRIBLE! Gen 1 is pretty good. Gen 4 IS AMAZING! XD

Anyway, throw away the balloons and get your own.

• Brohoof 1

<p>My blog about doctor whooves and derpy: http://mlpforums.com...oves-and-derpy/And my other Doctor whooves and Derpy related thing: http://mlpforums.com...oves-and-derpy/I am Bearsie, THE RP MASTER! And a Babs Seed lover...

Check out my OC: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/windwaker-r2761

Now air a minute what's wrong with the old generation. Can't you see the glory that is G3 and it's

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh I can't do it

I can't do it

Anyways ya if you want G4 (which you do) make sure to let her know.

Don't make it too much of a problem happy.png  Balloons are only additions to the actual party ^.^ Just wait until the party starts, you'll have loads of fun with everyone and will probably forget about the balloons after a while.

Happy Birthday!

• Brohoof 3

Loyalty.png

~Signature created by Chaotic Discord~

Firstly, and most importantly, remember this:

Your Mum is trying hard to make you happy by getting you things she thinks you like. She's gone to the effort of buying you pony balloons; despite it not being the exact ones you want, she has still tried to make you happy.

So, be grateful!

If it's not the exact ones, still be happy that she bought you ponies. Thank her for the effort she has been to. Getting the wrong Gen of ponies doesn't make it a bad birthday.

Explain gently and kindly that it's the new gen that you like. Explain who your favourite characters are, and show her pictures.

And Happy Birthday! ~:D

• Brohoof 12

CrystalRoseSignature_zps6824b7f6.jpg

~ Taking commissions ~

If it were me, I'd tell them about that. It may seem small to them, but balloons are everything at a party. (Just ask Pinkie Pie.) And gifts that are G3 related aren't what you are looking for. So if you tell her with enough time to fix it, maybe you'll be in luck. Happy Birthday! :)

post-7977-0-66359200-1359571254.gif

As Crystal Rose said, your mom's heart is in the right place.  It may be a bit awkward, but you do realize how many members here would LOVE for their parents to honor their affection for MLP in such a big way. 

Happy Birthday, BTW.  In the future everyone will be able to look back and laugh at this relatively minor misunderstanding.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Oh wow....I'm sure you can politely bring it up to your mom. :P 

But...Keep Calm and Get G4!

Seriously though, just tell your mom that you appreciate all the nice things she did for you B-Day, but that the type of ponies you enjoy aren't this generation/style/whatever. Just be polite about it.  I'm sure she'll understand, and then you two can laugh about it later! :D 

But Happy Birthday, and I hope it's a good one filled with lots of ponies....g4 ones! ;) 

• Brohoof 2

This is why I don't like the whole concept of present. I prefer to spend my birthday like any other day and I don't need presents.

I believe that if person wants a particular present, they should be able to relay this information. It would be bad if someone gives an expensive but unwanted present. The person would have to accept it and couldn't sell it afterwards for the fear he'll be found out. It only creates unnecessary stress.

If I had to pick a present for someone, I'd ask what want directly.

Just politely tell your mother that you only like G4 and explain the differences between the Generations. When my friends have a birthday, I just usually get them a card and twenty bucks. Sometimes I wish that people would ask what you wanted.

CrystalRose hit the nail on the head.

Hard.

With a sledgehammer.

My mum won't even give pony the time of day, let alone birthday it. Just be glad you're getting what you are. Most of us aren't quite lucky enough to have parents who are so acceping of MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Amoral cynic with a bitchin' vocabulary.

Check out A Century of Song if you like music from before this millennium.

img-13195-1-img-13195-1-MdSgkqe.png

Sig by ~Cider Barrel~ (design), Skaren (left vector), and ~Rhodarein (right vector). Avatar by ~Scootaloo (design) and Skaren (vector).

• 8 years later...