Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

(edited)

The GCT skype box is in a call tonight, and this happened.

1Pm5DNol.png

I've been practicing my drawing cos I wanna start a webcomic, and this is only a small part of the first page. It took me a few hours, but I got there in the end.

Hopefully I'll come up with some ingenious trick to cut down drawing times...

Edited by Crazy Yadge

@

Have you ever commented on the story I linked to you a billion years ago?

On the most recent one, I don't think I did.

I think I've written like 7000+ words over two days. Jaysus.

What've you been writing that's that long?

What've you been writing that's that long?

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/115753/experiments

The TwiDash Group I'm a part of here did a writing contest which involves completing an abandoned prompt. The deadline is the 13th, and I slacked off on it for awhile. Now I need to finish before tomorrow afternoon, since then I'll be leaving on vacation and have no access for a computer to submit after then. 

Why do I have to dream that my teeth are breaking apart when there's just a minor hole in one of them?

That sounds, pretty horrific.

I'd call that a nightmare. 

That sounds, pretty horrific.

I'd call that a nightmare. 

Nah, I get that a lot. It means I forgot to brush my teeth.

Anxiety is the most commonly felt emotion when you're dreaming. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go calm myself.

Why do I have to dream that my teeth are breaking apart when there's just a minor hole in one of them?

The dream of teeth being damaged or falling apart signifies that there is change going on in your life that you are anxious and worried about. Once you get over that issue, the dreams will stop.

(edited)

The dream of teeth being damaged or falling apart signifies that there is change going on in your life that you are anxious and worried about. Once you get over that issue, the dreams will stop.

First of all, my teethdreaming ALWAYS happens whenever I pull a John Green.

Second, my anxiety stems from a different source: Failing to find a serious reviewer for my stories. My past attempts have ended with me being ignored or ridiculed.

Edited by Derpy Cowbell

First of all, my teethdreaming ALWAYS happens whenever I pull a John Green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBJamfZFisU

Second, my anxiety stems from a different source: Failing to find a serious reviewer for my stories. My past attempts have ended with me being ignored or ridiculed.

never let something like that be a cause for anxiety. What stories do you write?

What stories do you write?

There are a bunch of links if you look hard enough in my recent posts.

Also, I've had a few friends review it for me and gotten good feedback on it, but when I tried to run it through professional reviewers, it felt like my requests were just tossed aside. But if you really wanna boil it down, 1, my writing style fits exactly what Fimfiction doesn't allow, and 2, it's that even the Proofreading Group is unreliable.

Ehh, I'm out of time and options anyway.

What wouldn't fimfiction not allow? They usually allow a whole bunch of writing styles

I hate the binding nature of the "He said, she said", so I write dialogue like this:

“Dude, this is great. How come I don’t know any of this?”

>> “Because it isn’t great. It’s a failure, like everything else.”

“But dude, you already write books for that big pony city you work at.”

>> “That’s different. That’s because I’m writing about factual information. Concrete, static information that’s accepted by the populace. I know I write for them, but that’s because I have to...”

“So? What makes all this any different?”

I hate the binding nature of the "He said, she said", so I write dialogue like this:

....Oh. Well, yeah I can understand why that is not accepted. Binding nature or not, that is just not how dialogue is written for stories. I know it sucks, but there are grammatical rules.

What you could do is just post the stories on a blog though ^-^

(edited)

<>

Exactly as I feared... So I just made a Fimfiction account for nothing.

So I'm literally out of options; Fimfiction won't take my story, and the Proofreading Group won't even listen.

Edited by Derpy Cowbell

Exactly as I feared... So I just made a Fimfiction account for nothing.

So I'm literally out of options; Fimfiction won't take my story, and the Proofreading Group won't even listen.

Why don't you just change it to the "saids". I mean you don't always need to use "said" you can use others like

"Oh lord look out!", he exclaimed.

"I don't think you understand," she sighed.

things of that nature? I understand that you have a style or don't want to be bound in such a manner, but the problem is there are specific rules for writing and those >> things break up the story and pace. It's a bit distracting to some readers.

If it's a script or play, it could technically be accepted...barely, but not for an actual story which is a shame.

(edited)

Yesterday, engineering students from the University of Toronto won the Sikorsky Prize, building the world's first successful human-powered Helicopter.

tumblr_mpu6olGNMB1qeuhiho3_250.gif

AeroVelo Atlas rose to an altitude of 3.3 meters (a few inches shy of 11 feet) and flew for 64 seconds, winning them $250,000 and a Scholarship from the American Helicopter Society. The whole aircraft only weighs 120 pounds.

sm%20seems%20legit.jpg

Edited by Blue