Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

It's been a loooooong time gentlemen of this thread and look at that you guys are more quiet than usual

what's new with you folks?

@@DJRainbowDash

Heads up: I've been busy with three things: Finding oil to fuel the Ganaramian War Machine in Minecraft, writing stuff, and getting my MIDI file to 3 million notes.

So far, I've found oil but need to get it back to base, I've completed what could be the only successful story written in the shortest amount of time ever, and have gotten my MIDI file to about 2.6 million notes.

Oh, and I spent the day napping the afternoon away, watching Iron Man, and munching on watermelon in the comfort of my air-conditioned room. It's too hot to ever go outside in my area.

Nice! 

Oh and I am so behind in minecraft, I didn't know there was even oil in the game. Unless your playing one of those heavily modded versions. A friend of mine back at college uses one of those, its called Technic I think.

I'll happily read the story if you have it or posted it around here. :)

Nice! 

Oh and I am so behind in minecraft, I didn't know there was even oil in the game. Unless your playing one of those heavily modded versions. A friend of mine back at college uses one of those, its called Technic I think.

I'll happily read the story if you have it or posted it around here.

I only ever play using Feed the Beast. Besides, it's mod author approved and direwolf20-approved.

Yes, I'm talking Buildcraft oil. Yes, I'm gonna fuel a steam boiler with it. Yes, I need to build a freakin' steam boiler. And yes, I also have a Megalomondus Tree.

And:

http://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/188-write-a-one-shot-slice-of-life-fanfic/

(edited)

I only ever play using Feed the Beast. Besides, it's mod author approved and direwolf20-approved.

Yes, I'm talking Buildcraft oil. Yes, I'm gonna fuel a steam boiler with it. Yes, I need to build a freakin' steam boiler. And yes, I also have a Megalomondus Tree.

And:

http://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/188-write-a-one-shot-slice-of-life-fanfic/

Interesting, never heard of that.

Also, JESUS that is a big fricken tree! img-1621963-1-ohmy.png

Let me go read this now before I forget!

@,

Honestly, I really like your writing style. The idea of turning said inability to finish stories into an actual story, as well as finish said story is quite an interesting idea in itself, it not somewhat ironic. The story made me feel bad for Ganaram, as he seems to be a capable writing but his issue of lack of story completion is haunting him.

I liked how both him and Gem were tired out and fell asleep from trying to finish the story. I don't think I've ever had this happen to me before. The most I ever remember writing in a single sitting is maybe 3000 words or so. Normally I don't write everything all at once.

But seriously, your writing is very good, and I didn't notice many mistakes, if any at all (I'm not the best proofreader in the world either).

Perhaps on the topic your other ideas, you could try writing simple oneshot stories, which are easier to handle, and also easier in overall completion. Back in my older days of fanfiction when I was on ff.net, I only ever completed 1 multi-chapter story which was 30 chapters long. I have like 7 or more incomplete stories I never got back to and I wish I could. 

Edited by DJRainbowDash

My computer has survived every time... Does a 560ti with a 4.2GHz processor and 8GB RAM (I really wanted 16GB) constitute as a stay-at-home supercomputer?

it's certainly better than this piece of shit with dual-core 1.8 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a built-in soundcard and video card.

The logic of the Skype group... It's weird.

ESOmkhZ.png

FUCK I MISSED THE ONE HUNDRED THOUSANDTH POST!!! GRRRR

Wasn't that spectacular.

Definitely wasn't as exciting as when people were battling for the 50,000th post.

• Brohoof 3

The official word of the day is IGNORE. 'Coz I feel that everytime I post in here, my posts are ignored.

I know the feeling *hugs* 

FUCK I MISSED THE ONE HUNDRED THOUSANDTH POST!!! GRRRR

that glory would belong to me :3

The logic of the Skype group... It's weird.img-1622979-1-ESOmkhZ.pngWasn't that spectacular.Definitely wasn't as exciting as when people were battling for the 50,000th post.

That hurts :(

It was a Star Wars reference...

And I am so full beyond belief I feel like I am about to burst

It's gonna take a lot of DDR to get rid of all the calories I just ate xD

How is everyone else doing? :)

• Brohoof 1

Long time, no see, General Chat Thread. So, how did you spend your 4th of July?

attachicon.gif34253__safe_scootaloo_apple-bloom_sweetie-belle_cutie-mark-crusaders_fireworks_4th-of-july.jpg

THE CREATOR IS HERE

QUICK PREPARE THE SACRIFICES

The official word of the day is IGNORE. 'Coz I feel that everytime I post in here, my posts are ignored.

Learning to become interesting requires many months of training.

• Brohoof 2