Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

(edited)

I'm thinking about how someone made this picture of the main internet browsers as ponies.

my_little_browsers_by_parallaxmlp-d539hc

This inspired me to perhaps make one of the famous and historical rockets of Space Exploration. Mostly because it would be fun to make one of the Saturn V booster (Apollo 6-17) because he'd dwarf Big Macintosh.

My shortlist of rockets (and spacecraft) would be quite extensive if I was going to do all the most important ones:

Redstone (Mercury), Atlas 3B (Mercury), Titan II (Gemini), Saturn V (Apollo), STS-OV (Shuttle), Soyuz (Vostok, Expedition {RUS}), Arianne 5 (European) and the maybes would include Falcon (SpaceX Dragon), Long March 6 (Shenzou, the Chinese human-rated system) and perhaps a hapless Umha 3 (North Korean satellite carrier). If I was going to go back in history, I'd also have to include the V1 Rocket bomb, and "Little Joe" Saturn I. If I was going to include failures or rockets that aren't (or won't ever) get off the drawing board, I'd also have to include the ginormous Noistel-1, Ares V (Orion) and SLS-II.

But such a thing would be pretty big scale to make, and I've no idea how many people would even care. Is it a good idea?

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

But such a thing would be pretty big scale to make, and I've no idea how many people would even care. Is it a good idea?

Iz goood.

Later this evening I may have to post a picture showing just how many freaking crazy rocket designs there were before we went to the moon.

I'm not kidding, the Saturn V turns out to be just a shortie compared to the conceptualized flying Empire State Buildings.

(edited)

Finished it.

KgdgTen.jpg

When the Saturn V SIC Booster was running for the first time in Apollo 6, it increased the United States national energy output by 6% for the two minutes that it was running. (Which is a lot.)

And it's not even the biggest rocket on the chart.

Edited by Blue

well then, i was able to record a small video in VisualBoyAdvance with little to no problem

>240p and no way to change it whatsoever

whatever, i can deal with it. at least the sound quality is great and flawless

>and out of sync

WHATEVER, i'll just go fix it in Premiere Pro, no biggie!

>it crashes on startup

THEN I'LL JUST FUCKING DO IT IN SONY VEGAS THEN!

>it crashes as well

*smashes the laptop screen and screams*

well then, i was able to record a small video in VisualBoyAdvance with little to no problem

>240p and no way to change it whatsoever

whatever, i can deal with it. at least the sound quality is great and flawless

>and out of sync

WHATEVER, i'll just go fix it in Premiere Pro, no biggie!

>it crashes on startup

THEN I'LL JUST FUCKING DO IT IN SONY VEGAS THEN!

>it crashes as well

*smashes the laptop screen and screams*

that sucks

Oh my... We're really close to the 100k mark.

I'm going to have to keep my eye on that over the next day or so.

Because I'd like to have the honor of having the 10k post wink.png

Greetings everyone, how goes it?

I didn't have much productivity in terms of anything, since I spent the last day playing Minecraft...

I've had zero productivity so far this whole summer.

I WILL GET THE 100,000th post

I was thinking this would've happened overnight, but ah well...

The GCT's not as fast as it once was.

i dunno what it was, but i got myself decked and went to sleep at 10 PM last night. that's even earlier than when Fissy goes to bed!

it's probably a combination of drinking half a can of cider yesterday and waking up at 5 AM last night and not being able to go back to sleep.

(edited)

Understatement of the century.

Indeed.

Perhaps if we dangle some plushies in front of the door, we'll get a swarm of newcomers...

i dunno what it was, but i got myself decked and went to sleep at 10 PM last night. that's even earlier than when Fissy goes to bed!

I went to bed at the ridiculously early hour of 8pm.

I'm still recovering from the aftermath of Crunch Week, so it'll be a while before everything's back to normal.

Edited by Crazy Yadge

<>

I know that feeling, except I was never high, drunk, low, or eaten.

<>

I thought you said "damage some plushies", because...

-----

I'm insanely stumped on what to write, and this is really the last chance I have to write for a very long time...

Oh my... We're really close to the 100k mark.

I just hope no one spams for it and let's it happen naturally.

Indeed.Perhaps if we dangle some plushies in front of the door, we'll get a swarm of newcomers.

That could be good. We could use some fresh meat New guys/gals in here.

It's raining over here, which is better than what it did this morning at around 8:30ish...

Anyhoo, goodmorning everyone, how are we all doing this morning :)

It's raining over here, which is better than what it did this morning at around 8:30ish...

Anyhoo, goodmorning everyone, how are we all doing this morning smile.png

Other than the air being unnaturally humid today, I am doing pretty fine myself. derpy_emoticon1.png

How are you?