Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

6 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Not really what I meant.

Yup. I assume you meant fuze, but that may be spelt differently in America :)

6 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I thought it was tungsten?

No, both Edison and Swan's first evacuated lamps had carbon filaments and both used carbonized (charred) thread as that could be easily put into place before charring (fairly fragile afterwards, as you would imagine)

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Yup. I assume you meant fuze, but that may be spelt differently in America :)

It's spelled fuse here, yeah. But apparently fuze is correct, which I had no idea.

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

No, both Edison and Swan's first evacuated lamps had carbon filaments and both used carbonized (charred) thread as that could be easily put into place before charring (fairly fragile afterwards, as you would imagine)

Apparently so, but at least I'm not totally wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incandescent_light_bulb#Revolution_of_the_tungsten_filament.2C_inert_gas.2C_and_the_coiled_coil

I'm currently in the process of writing a new Fallout Equestria fan fiction titled "Fallout Equestria: Conquest". Here's the premise of the story: It's basically based off of Fallout 4 and its associated campaign DLC, ie Automatron, Far Harbor and Nuka World, and I need some opinions on what certain major plot points should result in. Here's a link to the poll if you want to see for yourself:

16 hours ago, Zyrael said:

ahoy

Yar har.

8 hours ago, Woona :3 said:

Good morning!

How is everyone?

Good morning! Morning is just when you wake up, right?

I'm doing pretty good.

38 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

I'm currently in the process of writing a new Fallout Equestria fan fiction titled "Fallout Equestria: Conquest". Here's the premise of the story: It's basically based off of Fallout 4 and its associated campaign DLC, ie Automatron, Far Harbor and Nuka World, and I need some opinions on what certain major plot points should result in. Here's a link to the poll if you want to see for yourself:

I haven't even finished all the DLC for Fallout 4 yet.

I'll work on it and maybe I can help you out.

6 hours ago, Cloggedone said:

Oh its been awhile

hi

Probably a little too long...

So long, I began to conceputalise my own city-building game. Maybe a little too early to conceptualise because I no nothing about C++ for game development or OpenGL or Unity.

6 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

So I wrote a sex scene for my fanfiction. Everyone thinks it's shit.

Not my area of expertise, so I can't help you. Sorry.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Because it's a site based around a fanbase that watches a family show.

let's be honest no one here is that much of a "family" person

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Zyrael said:

let's be honest no one here is that much of a "family" person

Maybe not so much in this thread specifically, but I bet quite a large amount of the people on this site would be classified as prude.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

Maybe not so much in this thread specifically, but I bet quite a large amount of the people on this site would be classified as prude.

*cough*mods*cough*

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Probably a little too long...

So long, I began to conceputalise my own city-building game. Maybe a little too early to conceptualise because I no nothing about C++ for game development or OpenGL or Unity.

Yeah, I couldn't help either. But it sounds interesting!

On 8/24/2017 at 10:48 AM, Sir Punicpunch said:

I haven't even finished all the DLC for Fallout 4 yet.

I'll work on it and maybe I can help you out.

Cool. I'll wait on you for that and just wait for a few more ponies out here to respond to this.

20 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

So I wrote a sex scene for my fanfiction. Everyone thinks it's shit.

I once did a few of those for my first fan fiction. I got mixed responses from many different sources, but from a statistical standpoint, the men seemed to enjoy them more than women, however, those few women who liked it were more impressed with my diction and prose in my "descriptions" of the scenes. Some of them said that they felt like they were one character or the other in the scenes that I wrote.

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
redundant post