Bieber Fever Running Too High?

Sugar Pea

(edited)

Now to start this off, I personally do not like Justin Bieber...if you hate that fact, I am sorry, but it's your problem now.

I don't like him because he gets all these girls to idolize him...like what is so great about him? He is just a 19 year old dude who has all this 10-14 year old girls bowing to his feet. Isn't no different from other singers, so tell me from those who have this so called "Bieber Fever", what is so great about him other than the fact he is like a fracking god to you?

*sigh* I decided to start this topic off with this is to reach a point. To many girls idolize this man, and I don't like it.
What kind of influence is he on these poor teenage girls? Like what is the message? Point?

I mean is career is already going downhill because of his decisions...his awful decisions.
I am not bashing Justin Bieber because i'm one of those tagalongs, i'm bashing him because he was caught doing to many things a man his age shouldn't be doing.

For Example:
1. Smoking weed. Or "holding it for a friend" is the most likely excuse.
2. Getting kicked out of clubs.
3. Lashing out at the papparazzi.
4. Getting tattoos.

So tell me, WHAT THE HAY IS THIS?

Has the Bieber Fever come to an abrupt halt?

What do you have to say to this?

I love this vrant...explains everything. It was from a few years ago, but still right on.

Edited by chowchowpie
  • Brohoof 5

The good thing is, i'm female, and me and my best friends think Justin Bieber is very, very stupid.

We think his singing is very bad, and after we heard about his awful decisions and told them to one of my friends who likes JB, she's all like 'Lolno. Justin would never do that!'

If you want to have fun with Justin Bieber, however, play Super Bieber Racer.

I honestly want to know what is so great about him. From what I heard, JB once got hit by a water bottle at one of his concerts from a hater throwing it at him, and I think that guy is a genius. JB is in all honesty not an amazing guy.

• Brohoof 5

Justin Beiber like many "artists" these days is a completely and totally overrated hack that churns out the same generic sounding corporate driven noise that seems to count for music to far too many people these days. As a musician I find it very aggravating that people like that get paid millions of dollars for that while a lot of very talented musicians and singers aren't being recognized.

• Brohoof 7

Now you see, lashing out at the paparazzi should become a regular thing because they are so annoying from what I can see. But I hate him for other reasons.

He has fallen into "that" category of singers.

You know what I mean. The singers who can only think of three things to sing. Meeting a chick in a club. A girl in general. Or heartbreak after they break up and want them to return. Now, sometimes there are good songs within this category, but his? none of them  are catchy, or say in my mind. At all. and from what I can see, his only talent is his looks and even THAT is done in a mediocre, perhaps even badly. and yet he has so may fans it's crazy.

So if you ask me, he doesn't deserve half the fans he has. and yet they'e there, sadly.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't heard much about him, other than a few things in the news. I thought most of his fans had just stopped caring.

Have to agree with Earthbendingprodigy though. Don't understand how that loser got so popular when there are far better musicians out there.

• Brohoof 2

I've actually been hearing less and less about him. I think less and less people are liking him, but I'm not 100% sure. Where do you keep hearing about him?

• Brohoof 3

I've actually been hearing less and less about him. I think less and less people are liking him, but I'm not 100% sure. Where do you keep hearing about him?

Late night news when I'm on my lunch break at work. And I mean, it's at like, 3 in the morning, so these people have nothing better to report on. Other than that, I've heard nothing.

• Brohoof 1

• Someone does something someone likes online or on tv etc.
  • That person develops a fandom, getting people who enjoy what they do.
  • These fans then start to want to know more about this person that they like.
  • The fans then develop a bit of an obssesion in the back of their head; trying to know more about them.
  • This leads to the hardcore fans that are more outspoken and want to take their fandom to the next level.

Fandoms always develop with the person seeing the celebrity as someone perfect or close to it. They desperately want to meet this person who is perfect in their mind, but they can't. It really hurts some people, but some just go overboard on things.

I don't know if I made any sense right there, but if you understand it, thats why I think people become obsessive, hardcore fans.

There are few people who actually enjoy people for the things that they DO rather than their looks or the way they're set up to be, unfortunately, they are outshadowed by the hardcore/obsessive fans.

• Brohoof 1

Now to start this off, I personally do not like Justin Bieber...if you hate that fact, I am sorry, but it's your problem now.

I don't like him because he gets all these girls to idolize him...like what is so great about him? He is just a 19 year old dude who has all this 10-14 year old girls bowing to his feet. Isn't no different from other singers, so tell me from those who have this so called "Bieber Fever", what is so great about him other than the fact he is like a fracking god to you?

*sigh* I decided to start this topic off with this is to reach a point. To many girls idolize this man, and I don't like it.

What kind of influence is he on these poor teenage girls? Like what is the message? Point?

I mean is career is already going downhill because of his decisions...his awful decisions.

I am not bashing Justin Bieber because i'm one of those tagalongs, i'm bashing him because he was caught doing to many things a man his age shouldn't be doing.

For Example:

4. Getting tattoos.

So tell me, WHAT THE HAY IS THIS?

Has the Bieber Fever come to an abrupt halt?

What do you have to say to this?

oh dont you worry his career will be over soon. anyone ever heard on lindsay lohan? he is making very stupid desicoins and they are going to catch up with him. like right noe he is not a role model anymore

• Brohoof 1

The internet and the news. :3

I'm a creeper like dat.

It's a tip of the hat, wag of the finger...

I wish his fans would just fucking realize this.

One of my best friends loves his music. While I have a ton against the guy, people are allowed to have bad taste.

I think it is dying down, due to the changing of his haircut, and the fact that he's only a douche now. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Bieber gets too much attention from haters and fans alike. I have nothing against him but I have nothing to say about him either. His fans are just adolescent girls who have made him the focus of their own sexual awakening. Perfectly natural. There was a similar phenomenon with the Beatles, Elvis, etc. (Not to say that Bieber is as good as them.)

And the paparazzi? Don't get me started. Bieber can lash out at them all he wants. At least the celebrities do stuff. "Hmm, I haven't discovered any real talents and don't want to do anything productive with my life...I think I'll join TMZ so I can legally stalk celebrities! Maybe if I constantly trash them and revel in their misfortune, it will fill the horrible gaping void in my soul." wink.png

Let me give you an example of how great these people are...a few years ago, David Arquette was in an accident and was thrown from his car onto the pavement. Amazingly he was all right, just very shaken up. You know what TMZ did? They walked up and snapped a picture of him lying there.

Screw the paparazzi.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 5

Now I don't like Justin Bieber and I am not defending him here. But I don't think we should be talking badly about his fans. They obviously like him for a reason and they are free to like what they want. I find this kind of ironic in a way.

• Brohoof 2

Justin Bieber is a perfect example of why I dislike parts of American culture... Overall the media in America tends to over exemplify people such as Justin Bieber to the point that it is just ridiculous. I think this is why so many American stars, good and bad, end up as drunks and drug attics. I think the pressures of the media are just so high that the only way these people can escape their troubles is to escape reality by getting high... Then the media laughs at the stars as their worlds crumble to pieces... 

(edited)

Maybe Justin Bieber is actually a real hardcore influence to  the beliebers.  I personally am not a belieber either, but have you seen how most of them are?  I mean just for one example, if you haven't heard, they are bashing out a whole bunch of people on Twitter.  For proof, check Drake Bell's twitter feed  and just look at the ridiculous stuff that they're saying towards him.  They're insane!!  Could this be because of Bieber's actions and choices he made?

Edited by shy0wl

Justin Bieber is a spoiled little brat. He is no doubt talented, but his music is just... lazy. It sounds like garbage off of Disney Channel; it's marketed directly to teen girls with no emotion. Its only goal is to buy into little girls' obsessions with Bieber. He's just so... arrogant. 

• Brohoof 1

Bieber gets too much attention from haters and fans alike. I have nothing against him but I have nothing to say about him either. His fans are just adolescent girls who have made him the focus of their own sexual awakening. Perfectly natural. There was a similar phenomenon with the Beatles, Elvis, etc. (Not to say that Bieber is as good as them.)

Indeed he is unfortunately not, I could understand girls swooning over The Beetles or Elvis and to be honest if I was a teenage girl growing up back then I might have done that myself but Beiber?

• Brohoof 1

This is well the problem with American music and culture. People don't care what they follow, even if it's stupid and dangerous. I dislike Bieber a lot very much, not because he is Canadian, because I don't hate canadians. I just don't like him, because of him not having any talent, and just pandering to those girls that idolize him like mindless sheep. They would do anything for him, I know that the haters and the people that like Bieber give him too much attention. The thing is, in music these days it wouldn't matter if you didn't have talent you would still get money & fame. Luckily, his career will be ending very, very soon.

His arrogance will be his downfall, then in a few years the girls will get tired of the same old music that is being produced by Justin.

• Brohoof 2

For Example:

4. Getting tattoos.

Now, I don't like JB either. I think he's distinctly overrated: he's scrawny, practically doesn't wear pants, and has a nervous twitch regarding his hair.

That being said, those four reasons you provided are terrible, except for the first one.

2. People get kicked out of clubs every day. And usually it's not for being rowdy, it's because they lipped off to a bouncer or refused to tip the bartender. Sometimes they'll kick people out for hitting on the wrong girl. So getting kicked out of a club isn't the absolute worst thing a teenage celebrity can do.

3. I don't know if anyone's ever told you this, but the paparazzi are essentially stalkers. They watch your every move, they photograph you at your most intimate moments, following you everywhere and asking you questions. You can never get a moment to "be", because half of the world decided they like the way you look. They're glorified stalkers with cameras, and lashing out at the press is a typical thing to do. Sure, some people like Alec Baldwin take it a step too far, but you must remember that celebrities can never have a moment of privacy. They take a casual stroll with a friend and the headlines read: SEXY NEW ROMANCE! A couple has a minor spat, and suddenly: IS IT OVER FOR AMERICA'S HOTTEST COUPLE!? Everything is blown out of proportion.

4. Er...I find tattoos incredibly sexy. Only if they have a meaning, however. If they mean something to somebody, and it's enough to get them permanently etched on his skin, then that's fine. I think that's bold and great. But if it's just meaningless scrawled ink? Pfft. Get rid of it. The kid has a six-inch tattoo of Jesus on his calf.

And that brings me to my final point: I can't hate him. I don't hate him. He's a fellow Christian, and I can't hate him. His fashion choice is deplorable, I don't like the way he treated Selena, but other then that, he seems to be a nice kid. I think what most people really hate about him are his fans. Most of his fans are irrational, diehard tweenage girls who's voices haven't changed yet, and they'll defend him to his grave. So we get upset with them, because they're too pigheaded to see reason, and childishly run off and cry whenever you try to prove them wrong.

That's my main problem with him. His fans. And he can't control that, now can he?

• Brohoof 1

Eh I really don't have anything against him. I actually have to say a few of his songs are kinda catchy.

That said I do thing he is still a bit overrated by his fans.

I don't really know why he does have all of these really dedicated fans. But eh I don't really care as it doesn't bother me, even if it doesn't totally make sense.

I don't think Hes a bad artist, like I said he actually has some kinda catchy stuff, and he is a pretty good singer overall. But he isn't the best thing ever like his fans make him out to.

Now I do think he does also get quite a bit of to much hate in a sense to, but he is a bit crazy famous intact to famous to be honest.

I actually haven't heard much about him really lately though.

• Brohoof 3

That being said, those four reasons you provided are terrible, except for the first one.

That was a little mean, don't you think? Those to me show not only me but other people that he is only a bad influence on other people. Sure most do half of those things everyday, but Bieber was notorious, and "touched the lives" of many teenage girls. To think he'd known better.
  • Brohoof 1

That was a little mean, don't you think? Those to me show not only me but other people that he is only a bad influence on other people. Sure most do half of those things everyday, but Bieber was notorious, and "touched the lives" of many teenage girls. To think he'd known better.

True. That may have been a little strong. But I still stand my by defense of those. And I don't get most of the hate towards him - he's got a massive, stupid, hormone-addled fanbase, and he does some stupid stuff. But guess what - we all do stupid stuff! We just don't get it thrown on magazine covers for the entire world to see.

• Brohoof 1

True. That may have been a little strong. But I still stand my by defense of those. And I don't get most of the hate towards him - he's got a massive, stupid, hormone-addled fanbase, and he does some stupid stuff. But guess what - we all do stupid stuff! We just don't get it thrown on magazine covers for the entire world to see.

I know we all do stupid things, and don't get put on magazine covers. But if you want m to be honest, I just think Bieber should stop his career before it gets to him. Call me bipolar if you want, but I dislike him to the core, but yet again I feel sorry for him. He used to be such a great kid, and when he came on the radio, I thought he sounded radical besides his hgih pitch voice. Now look at him.

Justin Beiber like many "artists" these days is a completely and totally overrated hack that churns out the same generic sounding corporate driven noise that seems to count for music to far too many people these days. As a musician I find it very aggravating that people like that get paid millions of dollars for that while a lot of very talented musicians and singers aren't being recognized.

Freakin' THIS.

There are better artist who make much better songs a day!

Justin Beiber, however, isn't much better than everybody else.

But what also annoys me is how much people hate him. You see posts everywhere that go "Justin Beiber should die in a fire" or "He should get raped". Like, fuck, CHILL. It's just music.

I don't hate the person (Intensely), I just don't idolize his music and worship him like a god.

• Brohoof 2