Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WE GOT MENTIONED ON SNL!

Sir.Flutter Hooves

I now hate Saturday Night Live.

Back in the days of Wayne's World, you could sit down and have a genuine laugh. 

Now it's all pedo jokes.

I've watched SNL for a long time now, and they literally make  fun of everything on the weekly update. It was only a matter of time until the did it to us. I didn't like the pedo jokes wither, but I can't help but laugh that they brought up bronies on such a popular show.

/)

I

• Brohoof 2

I've watched SNL for a long time now, and they literally make  fun of everything on the weekly update. It was only a matter of time until the did it to us. I didn't like the pedo jokes wither, but I can't help but laugh that they brought up bronies on such a popular show.

/)

I

Precisely. I understand wanting people to understand us more or hating on easy jokes, but it's just SNL poking fun at us, and they poke fun at everything and everyone.

Although I do think they could've done something more clever. They may not know it, but haters and trolls beat them to that kind of joke a while ago...

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, that build-a-bear thing, right? I know some people are laughing at this, but haters are going to hate, so sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves. It's hard, but if you look at it from the bright side of the moon, it's not so bad :3

Oh look another joke about bronies being pedophiles. This isn't fucking funny anymore! I bet there are people who seriously think bronies are all pedophiles, which is just stupid...

• Brohoof 1

Oh look another joke about bronies being pedophiles. This isn't fucking funny anymore! I bet there are people who seriously think bronies are all pedophiles, which is just stupid...

Eh, I understand if some you folks are offended by this, and, believe me, it is a joke that I roll my eyes at all the time. But I hope the people who are watching SNL, which is a comedy show, don't take this seriously. If you guys watched the whole SNL segment, you'd see that they poked fun at a lot of stuff. Do you think fans of all the other stuff that SNL have poked fun at are offended, or that viewers take everything they see on there seriously?

But I do agree that the pedophile thing is older than dirt and not really funny anymore. But don't let it get to you too hard, Champion. And I'm not saying there aren't people out there who might actually get misconceptions about Bronies, but what can you do? Some people are just ignorant and if they take SNL seriously then there are other issues that need to be addressed with them.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Seth made a pedo joke. Darn you Seth you ruined SNL for me. But I am glad that Bronies are getting noticed more.

after reading some of these responses i'm kinda concerned. do we really want the fandom to go mainstream? because, goin mainstream with all the media attention might bring alot of negative attention and maybe create factions. i think we need to keep this more underground and out of the lenses of the paparazzi and media giants.

I don't particularly care that comedians use as for a cheap laugh.  The Howard Stern thing didn't bother me, and the SNL skit is no sweat of my back.  It comes with the territory.  The only thing that made me take notice here was that a dozen posts into this thread, nobody had addressed the elephant in the room: they're laughing at us, not with us.

Again, that's not the part that bothered me...rather, the part where nobody here seemed to notice the difference (at first) is what struck me as weird.

(edited)

Jokes are one thing, but constantly being given the pedophile label by the media is a different issue. I'm a girl, but even I'm sick of these pedophilia jokes. Maybe if they did some research they would see most Bronies are really nice people who just happen to enjoy a cartoon. Idiots.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Hello!

Mehh... Didn't actually get the joke much... I don't really care that much about these kinds of things. I think we should start to learn how to accept jokes, and they should learn the limits of these "Jokes"

• Brohoof 1

Ugh! I don't get SNL,Is there a youtube clip of it anywhere? My overseas friends were freaking over it and it's super exciting!Stupid overseas tvimg-1347177-1-blush.png

Do not fear everypony i have a link on youtube recorder on SNL also that was appeared on Equestria Daily for who dont know were i get it 

(edited)

This type of "humor" is like Howard Stern's and Tosh's comments towards bronies: shock jock bullshit (with this one using the lame-ass "bronies-are-pedophiles" punchline). The writers "try" (and I say this VERY loosely) to write something "funny," but time and time again for the past decade stoop to lowbrow "humor" and force canned laughter for effect. This segment falls under the list of how NOT to write legitimately good humor.

As such, this segment of "humor" isn't creative nor cool. It's unintelligent, insulting, and NOT funny at all. Saturday Night Live and any other channel that wants to jab at the community, if you're going to poke fun at the brony fandom, at least don't try to appeal to the lowest common denominator in order to climb in the Nielson ratings scale. It's intellectually insulting and doesn't make a good quality product.

So far, there've been only three places where self-deprecating brony humor gathers any clear wit or intelligence; none of them have come at the professional level.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

This type of "humor" is like Howard Stern's and Tosh's comments towards bronies: shock jock bullshit that uses the lame-ass "bronies-are-pedophiles" punchline. The writers "try" (and I say this VERY loosely) to write something "funny," but time and time again for the past decade stoop to lowbrow "humor" and force canned laughter for effect. This segment falls under the list of how NOT to write legitimately good humor.

As such, this segment of "humor" isn't creative nor cool. It's unintelligent, insulting, and NOT funny at all. Saturday Night Live and any other channel that wants to jab at the community, if you're going to poke fun at the brony fandom, at least don't try to appeal to the lowest common denominator in order to climb in the Nielson ratings scale. It's intellectually insulting and doesn't make a good quality product.

So far, there've been only three places where self-deprecating brony humor gathers any clear wit or intelligence; none of them have come at the professional level.

I've said this once, and I'll say it again. SNL makes fun of everything, and I for one take no offense. They were just poking fun at us bronies, meaning no harm.

/)

SNL makes fun of everything, and I for one take no offense.

SNL making fun of everything is no excuse for delivering unintelligent humor, and the fact that they forced in a laugh track shows how weak the writing is. I like my professional self-deprecating humor with quality lines and genuine intelligence. Comedians like the late George Carlin and the late Rodney Dangerfield know how to write some great humor. This team here at SNL failed to do so.

SNL making fun of everything is no excuse for delivering unintelligent humor, and the fact that they forced in a laugh track shows how weak the writing is. I like my professional self-deprecating humor with quality lines and genuine intelligence. Comedians like the late George Carlin and the late Rodney Dangerfield know how to write some great humor. This team here at SNL failed to do so.

I understand completely where you are coming at. I was alittle mad, but when I rewatched it, I laughed. I just think it's funny how they didn't do there research. Great points by the way.

/)

i hate snl so much its not funny at all. i did not find this offensive the guy clearly is just coping jokes that have been made around a million times i could care less

(edited)

Well it was better then Tosh.O

Its not positive but then SNL isn't made for positive. They are there to sell entertainment at the expence of others.

Its a joke. Nothing personal.

If we want to break the stereotype then we need to focus on positive things like the charity drives. Its not joke worthy but they do notice it

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

i hate snl so much its not funny at all. i did not find this offensive the guy clearly is just coping jokes that have been made around a million times i could care less

Pretty much. 

The "pedo" area of the brony population has been crossed more than enough on the internet already. I really wish there was something a bit more clever, like a skit or animation. SNL used to be da-bomb back in the era of the last decade, but it later got sloppy and turned into an internet rehash machine.

• Brohoof 1

after reading some of these responses i'm kinda concerned. do we really want the fandom to go mainstream? because, goin mainstream with all the media attention might bring alot of negative attention and maybe create factions. i think we need to keep this more underground and out of the lenses of the paparazzi and media giants.

Yes, I kinda wish the show would become a thing instead of us just being a cult following. It's a good show and I want it to get general respect in the animation community beyond just bronies.  

So... SNL decided to use a heavily overdone joke with bronies at the butt end of it?  I suppose though, that I can appreciate the way that they presented it was at least a little more clever than outright saying, "Bronies are pedophiles," which seems to be more typical.

I dont get why thats funny in all honesty in my opinion its stupid i get the joke just dont get why its so big of a freaken deal its just another stereotypical all bronies are pedaphiles joke witch i found funny back when i joined the fandom last august but i have heard them so often from parents and "friends" so often the funniness wore off a few months back

Because bad publicity sells more then good publicity. They do not care about us they only care about ratings and negitivity gets better ratings.

If a show like theirs came out and said positive things they would soon be out of jobs. I find it offencive too but we've gotten far worse from others. *fox*

(edited)

I dont find it offensive as much as i find it annoying i here it all the time from a teacher and "friends" at school and even my parents are attacking me being friends with a brony with these dang sterotypes and it is anoying me to no end but its not whats being said that angers me its the fact that i hear so dang much thats its not funny anymore

Edited by COBALT CRESCENT