Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia Fan Club

DND

(edited)

Hey just realized I never shared this piece I made.

One thing I love to imagine about Celestia (and Luna too of course) is that while anyone can move the sun and moon with enough magic, the princesses are ARTISTS. They have passion for what they do, and only they can bring out the real beauty of the celestial bodies they control.

So here it is... Oh, and Discord's in there too.

You know me!! X3

good_morning_to_you_by_shadobabe-d8m9ghl

Sunrises are REALLY pretty. I had so much fun coloring this!! X3

Gads... I wish I had more free time. I have so many pony ideas to draw pictures for.

I have this really fun comic idea for how Celestia first got her cutie mark.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Little-Brat-538046476

sig-3829082.sig-3829082.attachicon.giflittle_brat_by_kilala97-d8wc7bg.jpg

I bumped into this on DA, and it just screamed, "Fan club!" enjoy.

HAHAHAHAHAAAA XDXDXDDDDDDD, You beat me up to it  :lol:

Looks like Luna had enough of Celly eating her cake

sig-3829082.16.png

HHHMMMM.... no sunbutt since last week. Here, have a role reversal

6.png

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From there ever talented DennyButt.

celestia_s_day_by_dennybutt-d90i4tm.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

sig-3925894._fim__braidlestia_by_usagi_a

I love when artists actually treat Celestia's mane and tail as actual hair rather than an ethereal substance. Andy Price's artwork from the comics come to mind.

Slight rant below

While I'm here, I have a question to ask all my fellow Celestia fans: is it possible to be too defensive/protective of a particular character? I ask because I am currently working to edit a story for someone over on Fimfiction, but I'm being held up by the fact that the way they've written Celestia is unbelievably out of character.

She's only shown up a few times in the story, but each time she's treated Luna like she's total scum, tearing into her like she's the root of everything wrong in the world. In the first chapter, immediately following the Royal Wedding, she tells Luna how much she's sick of Luna letting her down and failing her, like she did a thousand years ago. This is despite the fact that it's been shown in canon that Celestia personally chooses to bear the blame for Nightmare Moon and Luna's banishment. Later on, when the two of them are arguing about something stupid, Celestia literally tells Luna to, quote "Go to Tartarus!". Even later, Luna tries to apologize to Celestia (for what I have no idea) but Celestia's tone of voice and what she says can be quickly summed up as her pretty much telling Luna to f*** off.   

The author keeps telling me that there's a good reason for this, but I skipped ahead and no, said reason does nothing to justify this. Not only does said reason not make any sense, but I refuse to believe that even on her worst day Celestia would act like this. It's at this point I realized I was legitimately angry at this, so I quickly took a step back in fear that I was taking this just a little bit too seriously. I'm tempted to either tell him to rewrite these scenes or take them out entirely since they really don't add much to the main focus of the story.

Edited by PoisonClaw

(edited)

@@PoisonClaw,

I like the art very much, and I will say I find your situation most troubling. Myself, I would refuse to help this author unless they were willing to change how they portrayed Princess Celestia as what you have described is terrible.

To your question I say, no you can't be too protective/defensive when it comes to seeing a character badly out of character without a strong reason such as dark magic/mind control/manipulation/grimdark setting. Even then, I see the royal sisters strong enough to resist such unless they were by Discord himself.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

(edited)

Here's some fitting BGM for ^this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaXt1PYKXk

Now all we need is Discord throwing a vase.

OMG, I LOVE THAT SONG!! <3

You just made my night with that!! XD

Slight rant below

While I'm here, I have a question to ask all my fellow Celestia fans: is it possible to be too defensive/protective of a particular character? I ask because I am currently working to edit a story for someone over on Fimfiction, but I'm being held up by the fact that the way they've written Celestia is unbelievably out of character.

She's only shown up a few times in the story, but each time she's treated Luna like she's total scum, tearing into her like she's the root of everything wrong in the world. In the first chapter, immediately following the Royal Wedding, she tells Luna how much she's sick of Luna letting her down and failing her, like she did a thousand years ago. This is despite the fact that it's been shown in canon that Celestia personally chooses to bear the blame for Nightmare Moon and Luna's banishment. Later on, when the two of them are arguing about something stupid, Celestia literally tells Luna to, quote "Go to Tartarus!". Even later, Luna tries to apologize to Celestia (for what I have no idea) but Celestia's tone of voice and what she says can be quickly summed up as her pretty much telling Luna to f*** off.

The author keeps telling me that there's a good reason for this, but I skipped ahead and no, said reason does nothing to justify this. Not only does said reason not make any sense, but I refuse to believe that even on her worst day Celestia would act like this. It's at this point I realized I was legitimately angry at this, so I quickly took a step back in fear that I was taking this just a little bit too seriously. I'm tempted to either tell him to rewrite these scenes or take them out entirely since they really don't add much to the main focus of the story.

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one that gets really defensive of Tia.

I know at the end of the day she's just a cartoon character, but I just love her so much.

She's helped me cope through some really tough stuff. When people mistreat her, it's like they're mistreating a best friend.

So in short, no, I don't think what your feeling is out of bounds at all.

I'm not sure what advice to give you though. Refusing to help anymore might be a bit rash.

However by helping them you might feel like you're giving this creation your stamp of approval, even if you don't.

I definitely wish you luck.

Edited by ShadOBabe

Yes, Princess Celestia does need more love... not only by the fans but by the show. We now, with the most recent, have two episodes focused on Princess Luna. Then, counting the ones involving the Cutiemark Crusaders, there are three more on top of that. That is five episodes with either main or partial focus is on the Princess of the Moon.

Our Princess of the Sun has, at best, had episodes where she mades an appearance or is exposition. We need an episode, or two, focused on her and offers development or expansion of her character.

• Brohoof 4

Yes, Princess Celestia does need more love... not only by the fans but by the show. We now, with the most recent, have two episodes focused on Princess Luna. Then, counting the ones involving the Cutiemark Crusaders, there are three more on top of that. That is five episodes with either main or partial focus is on the Princess of the Moon.

Our Princess of the Sun has, at best, had episodes where she mades an appearance or is exposition. We need an episode, or two, focused on her and offers development or expansion of her character.

In fact, now that I think about it, she has never had an episode focused on her

I completely agree.

The writers tend to cast her aside and treat her all godly. Princess Cadence has had her share of big appearances and episodes with Twilight as well.

It's worse when they treat her invincible but then have Pegasisters and Bronies calling her weak in A Canterlot Wedding. They seriously made exceptions that Celestia is like a godly being to our eyes but shown that she's not as godly as we think. This wraps around the fan's heads and they call her a Mary Sue at first but now they call her weak. What the what show did you do with their brains?

I don't know but for my own episode idea it'd be interesting and fun to see a episode with Celestia sharing some sisterly time with Luna with her as the main focus. Maybe with Rarity and Sweetie Belle and Applejack with Applebloom. Maybe Rarity and Applejack could talk to Celestia about being siblings and how to make it up for Luna after those years because I imagine that even though they are together again they may not spend any time together with royal duties and all. Just my personal idea for a episode.

• Brohoof 1

I would prefer to see an one episode between Celestia and Luna with another episode between Celestia and Twilight, one focused on sisterly things while the other is focused the mentor/student relationship the later have. Perhaps with our heroine coming to see the princess she looks up to in a different light or in a way she never did before.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I just love Celestia's Gala dress from Make New Friends, But Keep Discord. And just look at how much she's enjoying herself!

897516__safe_solo_princess+celestia_scre

large.png

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 5