Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What was the saddest thing you watched?

TomokoKuroki

So out of all of the stuff you have seen on the tube, weather it be anime, ponies, movies, etc. Which of them as the saddest thing you ever saw. The thing that made you cry the most, you wont ever forget, etc. What was it and why? If you feel like going into detail.

If it contains massive spoilers please be mindful of others.

For me one of the saddest things I have seen was Clannad. all the tears that were shed... :(. I also cried a lot during Elfen Lied. It is jsut a story of horrible abuse of every kind, and it doesn't let up. And a few episodes of MLP even bring me to crying when they remind me of my past (I am a very emotional person when it coems to music, video, T.V, etc). A example of this would be When fluttershy was crying with ehr animal friends because she felt like a failure only good for being made fun of.

YOUR TURN! ^.~

• Brohoof 6

Levi Stubbs was the lead singer of The Four Tops, and lead vocalist on all of their hits ("Baby I Need Your Loving", "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)", "It's the Same Old Song", "Reach Out I'll Be There", "Standing in the Shadows of Love", "Bernadette", "Still Water (Love)", "Ain't No Woman (Like the One I've Got)"). For you cartoon fans, he was also the voice of Mother Brain on Captain N: The Game Master.

But he had one of my favorite voices in the history of rock and roll, for sure.

So, saddest thing I've personally ever seen? This is surely one of them:

• Brohoof 1

The saddest thing I ever watched was the ending to the ds game: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Note: This game contains fully voiced and animated cutscenes, so it is basically anime. Anyway, I don't want to spoil it, so go play the game. Now. I mean, right now. All of the games in this series have amazing stories and sad and beautiful endings, but Unwound Future is my favorite out of the series and my favorite game of all time.

Being a child raised with Pokémon as my favourite thing, the saddest thing would have to be Pokémon: The First Movie when Ash get turned to stone.

Even saying the legendary quote by Mewtwo near the end sends goosebumps around my body. The scene was played out so well and the music capture the ambiance.

The only thing to top this would have been when I "watched" a fan made depiction of My Little Dashie, I was at the edge of the cliff until I heard the passage that RD wrote before she left, that right there pushed me right over.

• Brohoof 5

Marly and Me and The Plague Dogs.img-1357083-1-blush.png

I love dogs so much, that even in cartoons if they get hurt I start to get sad. Those ASPCA commercials absolutely tear my heart out everytime I see them.img-1357083-2-sad.png

you made me think of Old Yeller....god that movie...:( Bridge to terabethia (?) was so sad too. But Old Yeller realy tugged at my heart strings. Especially at the end after all they went through together...

• Brohoof 1

you made me think of Old Yeller....god that movie...sad.png Bridge to terabethia (?) was so sad too. But Old Yeller realy tugged at my heart strings. Especially at the end after all they went through together...

Bridge to Terabethia was hear wrinching! I went with my  dad, and he cried when the little girl died. AND HE NEVER CRIES. But somehow I feel better after I cry.

/)

• Brohoof 2

Looking at all you guys with your stories, makes me kind of hate my brain/ways of thought :|.

Whenever I watch something sad, it's practically impossible for me to cry, sad I can be...but to actually cry? Any form of irrelevant thought when I'm starting to feel it snaps me out of the mood instantly. And when I do start to feel the tears well up, they never fall. All I tend to get is a puddle in my eye that just smears itself all around so I rarely experience the feeling of fully crying :(

Looking at all you guys with your stories, makes me kind of hate my brain/ways of thought :|.

Whenever I watch something sad, it's practically impossible for me to cry, sad I can be...but to actually cry? Any form of irrelevant thought when I'm starting to feel it snaps me out of the mood instantly. And when I do start to feel the tears well up, they never fall. All I tend to get is a puddle in my eye that just smears itself all around so I rarely experience the feeling of fully crying sad.png

I kind of have the same thing with me. When I read or watch something sad that makes me cry, I don't physically cry. I figuratively cry, which means I feel sad and like I am crying on the inside, but on the outside, my eyes just get a bit watery. 

Whenever I watch something sad, it's practically impossible for me to cry, sad I can be...but to actually cry? Any form of irrelevant thought when I'm starting to feel it snaps me out of the mood instantly. And when I do start to feel the tears well up, they never fall. All I tend to get is a puddle in my eye that just smears itself all around so I rarely experience the feeling of fully crying sad.png

I am exactly like that. It's hard for me to get sad, I am easily distracted out of it, and I never get more than watery eyes and a lump in my throat.

I can (rarely) get extremely depressed for months at a time though, which is a different feeling. Still don't cry during it.

Oh, and Where the Red Fern Grows.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 2

img-1357279-1-38848-The-Feels-gif-UHzu.g

The ending of Empire of the Sun, though that's arguably bittersweet. The actual saddest or most depressing movie would have to be The Mist.

As for cartoons, nothing beats having my heart ripped after watching Futurama's Jurassic Bark.

img-1357279-2-tumblr_m9s28saLTm1qgox8lo1

I'm not sure how I'd fare seeing something sad today though. I'm stoic to the most horrifying and depressing things in reality; totally desensitized. However, I find myself crying at the end of almost every new MLP episode. Of course, I'm only partially awake when I stream them so that might have to do with it.

I could also be an emotional wreck, but who isn't at this age, am I right?

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 2

Recently, I watched Snowdrop. Literally cried. So lovely and so... Idk, just so sad and at the same time so sweet!

But the saddest thing is "Grave of the Fireflies." That movie is just heart crushing.

Grave+of+the+Fireflies.jpg

Edited by cd_solidsnake
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I see most people have posted anime's, and this is exactly what I was gonna do. I don't know if anyone has heard of Halo, but it had a short animated series made, Halo: Legends. Halo: Legends explores the different stories of the Halo franchise. Anyway, I shall post a shortish video of the saddest video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ykUStlaDu8&list=PL_AYqxzHii9ivm7EcLTs3fgKTMHR0JzLj&index=4

One of the saddest movies I've seen, would have to have been Red Dog. It's an Australian film, about a dog. It's sad. Go watch it now, as it's one of the best movies I've ever watched.

Another very heart-wrenching movie is the 'Comedy' "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World". It comes off as something light hearted and full of comedic wit. The movie cover is filled with bright colours and smiling faces. The movie lures you into a false sense of security at the start, being both funny and tasteful. Many jokes are had and the plot develops well.
...then it all goes and punches you in the heart.

Also another good film, I highly recommend it. I challenge you to watch and get no feels.

I mean, seriously. It has Steve Carrell. The guy from Evan Almighty, 40-Year-Old Virgin, Get Smart, etc.

It lies. It lies to us all...

The only movie that has ever made me cry was Up.The scene where Carl looks through the Adventure Book he and his wife made...I was freakin' bawling at that point.The feels were too strong. sad.png After that scene,I think I lost the ability to cry at anything ever.

Warning: Imminent feels inbound.Watch at your own risk.

• Brohoof 6

I think the most emotional movie scene I've ever watched is from Field of Dreams where they play catch. It's impossible to not think about me and my dad and now me and my son. The other scene is from Silk Stalkngs were Chris Lorenzo dies, but few of you kids will know that show. I'm sure I could think of many others.

As a small child, I loved the Disney movie The Lion King so much, I spent a lot of my time rewatching it over, and over. Literally almost all the time I would rewind the whole tape and watch it again. Now, as I said, this was when I was around three years of age, mind you, but nonetheless I did, and still do, love that movie to death.

Now, that said, I also cried to death when it came to "The Stampede" scene because of Mufasa's death, for a very long period of time, before I was cheered up by Timon and Pumbaa, but that's not the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGtJn-L5xEs

I'm certain I am not alone, and in fact, in the majority who believe Mufasa's death to be one of the saddest moments in all of Disney.

Now, another death I found extremely tragic, as an older teenager, would be Kerchak's death in Disney's Tarzan. However, I believe I am in the minority who thinks this was very tragic. I think it's tragic and an underrated death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJdpby-NhQ

For once, Tarzan was accepted into the tribe, and as a son, by the leader, and his adoptive father, Kerchak. However, this acceptance was in Kerchak's dying words.

Translation:

Tarzan: Kerchak, forgive me...

Kerchak: No. Forgive me, for not understanding... that you have always been one of us. Our family will look to you now.

Tarzan: ...No...Kerchak!

Kerchak: Take care of them...my son...take care of them..

Edited by III Prong III
  • Brohoof 5

To whoever mentioned Tarzan, I agree 100%. To be its one of the most emotional movies Disney has ever made. I get choked up at that part, and also the part where Tarzan's adoptive mother, Kala, shows Tarzan the treehouse where he grew up very little before his real parents died. And then when Tarzan walks out with the suit, determined to go live with humans. sad.png

• Brohoof 2

Another thing I found really sad was Titanic. The ending was so sad, ending of the memory of what happend that is. She kept holding on for him, and he passed away after fighting so desperately for her. Really made me cry.

This scene from the fox and the hound teared me up pretty bad. It's pretty sad for me because I remember looking after a kitten for a few weeks after a mother cat gave birth to it in my garden. I had to give the kitten away because she didn't get along with my dog at the time (I still love my dog). It's also why I tear up bad to my little dashie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UIc6o5Z8SU

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 5

OMG HOW DID THIS GET FORGOTTEN?! i feel almost bad for forgetting this..

So sad. Like no music was played until this part if I remember correctly.

They did play the same music when he had successfully made voyage on his raft, and the island faded away behind him. But I completely agree - it takes a lot for me to actually shed a tear in a film, but Cast Away was one of two films in my entire life that managed to do it.

The other was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, when Harry looks into Snape's memories in the Pensieve. Best moment of the whole Harry Potter film series for me. Incredibly sad as well.

6:17 onwards, when the music breaks into the Dumbledore's Farewell soundtrack from the 6th film... them feels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDv0CPCc33Q

• Brohoof 2

The "Goodbye Mr. Hooper" segment in Sesame Street. I heard that the cast prepared themselves to do this scene in one take because they were too overcome with sadness to consider reliving it again and again. 

Watching this also reminds me of a scene from the 1979 movie "The Champ", which is equally heart-wrenching.

Edited by jackleapp81
  • Brohoof 1