mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I watched The Croods yesterday. It was filled with pretty cliche characters, and had that typical journey story, but it was still enjoyable... And the humour was actually rather funny, I think! I like that film a lot, and if I were to give it a rating, I'd say 7/10.

The last movie I watched was an older film called Never Cry Wolf, based on a somewhat true story about a biologist who studies the behavior of Alaskan wolves.

Justice League: Gods and Monsters

I enjoyed this one a lot. It's a very interesting take on an alternate DC universe. The film also has a darker and more serious tone, but it's justified and not overly gloomy and depressing. Hell, at least the movie is also colorful and vibrant unlike Man of Steel. There are also some comic tie-ins to the movie, and I'm looking forward to reading those.

Mad Max Fury Road (2015)

Well, I don't know what else to say other than it is undoubtably one of the best films I've seen in quite some time. Definitely the best action film I've seen, that's for sure.

It's intense, driven and fantastically well made. Sure, it has a simple story and narrative of survival, redemption and hope but when you've built an expansive universe, a cool and vast cast of characters and filled it to the brim with phenomenal action set pieces, it all comes together as one sublime package.

I specifically praise the cinematography and editing, creating a seamless pace and projecting vibrant visual landscape that blew my mind. No wonder the film won so many awards, it's just that good.

If you haven't seen this film, I suggest you do, it's essential viewing. I'm just surprised it took me this long to see it, thankfully I have.

10/10

Suicide Squad. Not as bad as critics say it is tbh

Just got back from the theater an hour ago and I liked it more than the critics made me think I would. I've had a crush on Harley Quinn since watching Batman the animated series. Sure, some of the characters should have gotten more screen time and development, but eh. Harley!