Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

(edited)

War of The Worlds (2005). Tom Cruise is one of my favorite actors.

I didn't like the 2005 version of War of the Worlds. The "Magic" ending killed it for me. Think of Tom Cruise's character's son. When he "Just had to see" and ran up over that hill into a literal firestorm, there was no way he could have survived, let alone get home first. It was just plain bad writing.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

The last movie I saw was Civil War...opening day? I've been too lazy to watch another film I guess

(edited)

The Room (2003)

It's definitely horrible, but I'm not sure I enjoyed it that much. There are hilariously bad scenes and acting, but there isn't too much interesting happening during the movie. The sex scenes are too long and become tiresome, characters enter the apartment and soon depart while doing nothing of importance (along with the pans and shots of San Francisco, these are among the worst examples of padding), and, of course, potential subplots that are quickly forgotten (breast cancer, football, drugs, whatever the hell Tommy uh I mean Johnny's job is, mentioned characters that don't show up, etc.). I suppose the real enjoyment comes from mocking the film, but doing that can get old since there's too much to mock.

Edited by Number107

Ted 2...not a bad movie. Although I kept peering over at my multiple Fluttershy plushies, in hopes one would come to life throughout the duration of the movie. Lotsa actor cameos in it as well. Also loved Patrick Warburton dressing up as  The Tick, since he was the VA of him back in the day, great nod to that, if I do so say.

• Brohoof 1

Watched Zootopia the other night, was amazing. Loved all the animal puns/jokes.

Yes! They are absolutely adorable!! <3

Recently watched Cast Away. Man... that movie is intense. I haven't watched it in years. Tom Hanks is just an astounding actor. 

Ted 2...not a bad movie. Although I kept peering over at my multiple Fluttershy plushies, in hopes one would come to life throughout the duration of the movie. Lotsa actor cameos in it as well. Also loved Patrick Warburton dressing up as  The Tick, since he was the VA of him back in the day, great nod to that, if I do so say.

Patrick Warburton wasn't the voice of the animated Tick.  He played the live-action Tick.

(edited)

I saw Warcraft with my friends! It was... okay. Not great, but not quite abysmal. The story was interesting but executed poorly; the characters were sort of bland and a bit underdeveloped; and the CGI was great, but nothing to marvel at considering the incredible standard of computer generated images today. The fight scenes were certainly my favourite parts. :) The cinematography was awesome.

I would say it was entertaining - maybe because I was having a bit of a laugh with my friends - but I would rather not sit through it again.

Edited by Wolves

sig-4557264.Belka_i_Strelka._Zvezdnye_so

Belka i Strelka

Now I have to see if I can find an English subtitled version of "Belka i Strelka". Now that you alerted me to it's existence, I so want to see a movie about Cosmonaut dogs! 

Just this morning I watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" on Cartoon Network. It was silly, but really cute.

Last movie I watched was probably the Peanuts Movie, which I've seen before so this was my second viewing. It's really adorable and very heartfelt and true to the source material. The characters look and sound great, the music is great, it's got plenty of lighthearted and cute humor, and lots and lots of Snoopy. I definitely give it a thumbs up.

The last movie I saw in theaters was Zootopia. The movie just completely blew me away. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was tear-inducingly hilarious, had a charming cast of characters, a host of great messages, some absolutely stunning visuals, and tons of action as well as emotion. It was one of the very best animated films I've ever seen period.