mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Wow, that was boring.

Not much action, and whatever action it had was standard and unimpressive. There are only 2 physical fights: a 20 second one with Kida, and another short one during the climax. We don't get to learn much about Atlantis or its advanced mystical tech, nor do we get to see much of the civilization. Is the movie about the journey to Atlantis or the mysteries behind Atlantis? I'm guessing both, but there's not enough time for both in only 90 minutes, so both are undercooked.

The characters including Milo were dry. There are way too many side characters doing too little, and their single gimmicks get old quickly. The movie, unfortunately, also did too well in trying to make Milo look like an idiot outside of his research, so I must wonder how he's fit to lead the team against the bad guy toward the end.

Edited by Number62

Saw Rogue One.  While not as great as The Force Awakens, it's still great enough to be in my Top 5 of 2016(Alongside The Jungle Book, Civil War, Moana and Zootopia.  Okay, all of my Top 5 favorite movies of 2016 are all Disney-related. XP)