mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Dune. Holy crap what a boring and terrible movie. Many names being thrown around that I have no freaking clue what this plot is trying to get at. The protagonist is very generic and cringe. Lots of repetitive scenes that we already get a freaking idea already. 1/10

Minion: Rise of Gru. Not expecting much but it was definitely fun and entertaining!!:squee:

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (2002). I like to get back to basics and hit my Star Wars movies for a quick fix. I love this movie and there’s nothing I like more than seeing Yoda throw down with that lightsaber!

• Brohoof 3

Thor: Love and Thunder - Definitely felt like a retread of Ragnarok, only messier and uneven. Still, it's plenty fun to watch and delivers on the comedy. out of 10.

f.jpg

"Work Hard! In the end, passion and hard work beats out natural talent."
- Pete Docter 

(edited)
On 2022-07-06 at 12:47 AM, TBD said:

Dune. Holy crap what a boring and terrible movie. Many names being thrown around that I have no freaking clue what this plot is trying to get at. The protagonist is very generic and cringe. Lots of repetitive scenes that we already get a freaking idea already. 1/10

Interesting – you won't like the book then! :D  Also a 'classic' but you have to wonder what the critics are comparing it to. The movie is a David Lynch, so bound to be weird. I quite like it tho, for being more 'out there' than the book. :D

Edited by Tropical Melody
Typos.
  • Brohoof 2

5d99c364c08b6737376366.gif.dfa4553cb69616eb874ec1343886e9fa.gif

REDWINGS HORSE SANCTUARY  www.redwings.org.uk

Jurassic World: Dominion: (SPOILERS) I liked it, just as I liked all the Jurassic World flicks. It was fun, entertaining and action-packed, with some good munching and gratuitous violence. What's not to like? The ending didn't exactly solve any problems or change anything from the state of things at the start of the movie; merely showing dinos and present-day creatures co-existing and saying we're all buddies now and we'll get along, singing koom-bye-ya like there's no food chain, and romping through the meadows hand-in-hand. That's a Hollywood version of reality. But the bug problem was fixed by my hero Dr. Wu, and the movie delivered pretty well, so I can be a cynical jerk all I want, but in the end I still liked it. 

• Brohoof 1

Top Gun: Maverick

I tend to be wary of sequels that come decades after the original, but this one blew the original Top Gun away. Intense, more mature, emotional at times (like, I actually got teary-eyed toward the end, which I almost never do during a movie). I'm gonna remember this one for a long time.

• Brohoof 1

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

Have You Met the Morgans?

I can't rate the movie yet since I got tired while watching and fell asleep, but it was interesting. Basically, this separated couple are out walking one night and happen to witness a murder. The murderer happens to see them and he is easily able to find the woman since she's on the cover of a well known magazine. Since she can't be safe in her own home anymore, she has to move far away in the middle of nowhere under Witness Protection, and so does her husband since he is also a witness.

It was funny watching them adjust to a new living situation and try and live with each other again without losing their minds. At some point I'll have to find where I left off and watch the rest of the movie.

• Brohoof 1

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

When Marnie Was There (2014). This Studio Ghibli sleeper is one of my go-to movies when I'm stressed. it's so relaxing and focuses on two girls who form a close friendship over a summer. There's a twist on who the protagonist's bestie is, but you have to wait for the end. Either way, for me it just works best as a best friends story, and it delivers. The animation is gorgeous and I don't think this movie ever really got the props it deserved. 

Nope - Jordan Peele's latest film is a trippy, funny, and very unconventional take on aliens. Starts slow, but really picks up soon after. Keke Palmer is the highlight of the movie. 8.5 out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

f.jpg

- Pete Docter 

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, it was a surprisingly dark MCU movie that was quite fun to watch and really much appreciated after so many of these franchises in the mcu turns more into a comedy/parody genre these days that i cant take seriously anymore. So it was a nice change to see something more serious again.

• Brohoof 1

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

Grownups

6.5/10

Not exactly my type of movie but it still got some laughs out of me. I was only watching it to pass time anyhow, so I don't have many complaints except for how the women characters were handled. I know it's one of those "guy movies" but still! :eww: Come up with something else besides ranking how hot the females are!

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

On 2022-08-05 at 3:03 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Spider-Man (2002) 10/10

First time.

This too was my most recent watch (because it was put on Netflix), have seen it several times before but God do I love that movie

"It’s you who’s out gobby! Out of your mind!"

• Brohoof 2

9 to 5 (1980)

A story about three women working in an office for a big corporation. Hilarious movie. Dated in some ways and slow early on. But Lily Tomlin really steals the show.

• Brohoof 2

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

Prey (2022): By far the best Predator movie since Predators (2010). An exciting back to basics thriller with great Native American representation to boot. out of 10.

Bullet Train: Overstuffed and manic, but still fun action movie. Feels like an imitation of a Guy Ritchie movie with all the violence and snappy dialogue.  8 out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

f.jpg

- Pete Docter