Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Holiday Inn (1942). I usually watch this during the Christmas season but it got delayed this year. Still, it’s a great movie with a great cast led by Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. White Christmas (1954) is like the younger brother to this movie, and tends to be far more recognized, but this one is the better of the two. This is the movie in which the immortal song White Christmas was first introduced.  

• Brohoof 3

Hotel Transylvania 4 :P .

I had never seen 1-3 but I already knew what the plots were like anyways.

Also Miracle in Cell 7 (2019) right before that. Good gosh I had never had to jerk back so many tears for a movie.

• Brohoof 2

I basically binge watched tons of James Bond Movies, already watched every single Movie with Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton.

Now i am at the Pierce Brosnan films, and watched Goldeneye and Tomorrow never dies. I found the first 2 Sean Connery movies pretty boring but starting with Goldfinger they always got a tiny bit better and i actually ended up enjoying most of them starting with Goldfinger.

• Brohoof 1

Ice Station Zebra (1968) Compelling story about a nuclear sub racing to the North Pole to retrieve a fallen satellite and its cargo of highly sensitive film showing secret installations of interest in the Cold War. Great performances by Rock Hudson, Ernest Borgnine, Jim Brown and the incomparable Patrick McGoohan, who took a brief break from filming The Prisoner to appear in this film. This movie was notable for being the favorite of Howard Hughes, who reportedly watched it several times a day in his secluded quarters, if you’re interested in a little bit of odd trivia. 

Battleship (2012). Not a brilliant movie, but it has plenty to keep me interested, which is surprising for a quick cash-in on a board game. The strategies are interesting and for some reason I always enjoy that. Maybe one of my ancestors was a tactician or something. It was also fun seeing the Missouri on the big screen, having been on board once in my distant youth. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cult of Chucky.

The seventh film in the Child's Play franchise and the last one before the remake of the original film.  This one follows on from 'Curse of Chucky' and like that film this one was less focused on the comedy that was prevalent in both 'Bride of Chucky' and 'Seed of Chucky' and returned back to the straight slasher/horror of the first three films.  Brad Dourif, of course, voices Chucky, as he has done in every film except the remake, and his daughter Fiona Dourif once again plays the primary protagonist Nica from the previous film, and Alex Vincent reprises the role of Andy that he first played in the 1988 original.

Despite it's more serious tone this film still has plenty of humour, although it is more situational. An example is the fact that the film is set in a psychiatric institution and Chucky, a doll possessed by a psychopathic serial killer, realising that for once he is not the craziest person in the room.

It was a pretty decent film on the whole, and to anyone not familiar with the Child's Play franchise I would strongly recommend all seven films.

• Brohoof 1