Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

2 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

Don't know that one, maybe I'll have to check it out. Don't like remakes as a general rule but sometimes I've been pleasantly surprised.

So last night -

1732296577_ShadowMakers.thumb.jpg.f0d36db5f41bab3d40f4221f370fc57a.jpg

The remake is pretty funny in my opinion. I’ve never seen the original though so I can’t compare it

• Brohoof 1

The Limestone Golem. My dad convinced me to watch something for the first time in ~3 years and we chose a random film. It wasn't good or bad, just average detective with predictable villain

Space Jam 2. Oooh this sucked. I really liked the original Space Jam but this new one was embarrassing. I actually blushed at Warner Bros’ flagrant self-promotion; constantly shoving all their movies and shows, titles and all (in case they weren’t familiar enough already) and product placement to the extreme. Not to mention the bad writing and complete ignorance of the Looney Tunes characters and how they act. They are arguably the greatest cartoon franchise ever, and were treated like a bunch of old timers ready for retirement because no one remembers anything beyond three years ago. When they were given the CG treatment (a nice shortcut under the guise of giving the toons a modern makeover) it made them look like plushies and not the elastic toons we know and love. It was dreary, dark and convoluted, with daddy issues galore. Yeah, skip this one and pop the original into the dvd player. You’ll be glad you did.  

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-07-25 at 12:58 PM, Radiant Melancholy said:

The Thing, a horror movie, really scary. :-P 

Haw haw! The new one? Haven't seen it - or one of the oldies? John Carpenter's version still does it for me - but stil also like the 1951 version albeit it doesn't keep to the original story. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The last movie I watched was "A Goofy Movie" thanks to my BFFFF @Clawdeen getting the idea stuck in my head. 100/100

p_agoofymovie_19641_e786ad86.jpeg?region

Right! 
It’s also the last movie I watched recently lol.

Such a good movie

• Brohoof 3

The Suicide Squad - A vast improvement over the first film in every way. It's action-packed and graphic in its brutality, but also very heartfelt and emotional. Once again, James Gunn proves he's one of the best directors working today. My favorite DC film thus far. 9 out of 10.

• Brohoof 2

A  L  I  E  N  (1979)

vlcsnap-2021-08-17-23h26m03s268.thumb.jpg.50ff954602939333bd8c7617b2af03e4.jpg

There is also a very good 'how they made it' on YouTube if you like that sort of stuff, all in all an incredible amount of work went into it. Initially it was going to be a low budget 'B' movie until basically someone said 'this isn't going to work properly unless loads more money is spent'. As we now know, it was a massive hit and queueing was around the blocks at all movie theatres.

One commentator said while he was watching it in the theatre, at the scene where Ripley is reminded the cat needs rescuing, "A guy at the back shouts out 'Forget about the fucking  cat!' Then I knew we'd got a hit with the audience." (Not verbatim)

Edited by Tropical Melody
  • Brohoof 1

vlcsnap-2021-08-20-22h03m15s712.thumb.jpg.5b7b794677d2fc8fc4e590a64695d5a1.jpg

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) – a vicious gang lay siege to a decommissioned police station with just a skeleton staff and 3 convicts, in vengeance for gang members shot by cops earlier in the day. Gratuitous violence in the John Carpenter style.

• Brohoof 2

The Train (1964) – a Nazi colonel persists in removing looted art treasures to Berlin despite Germany having lost the war and with the allies virtually on his heels. Meanwhile railway staff and the French Resistance try various means to delay the train leaving France until the allies arrive.

254564572_TheTrain-6.jpg.674ac1214c7413ea4be9916c6680871d.jpg

1054209762_TheTrain-3.thumb.jpg.0c1df7811ed5839af1693957776b0050.jpg

1377955236_TheTrain-4.thumb.jpg.bd8752659659f101b5ddf58e6b825efa.jpg

• Brohoof 2