Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Old (2021). Not bad. It held my interest all the way through. Frustrating, tense, sad at times and engaging. M. Night Shyamalan manages to put together some interesting conversation pieces. 

The Aristocats (1970). What can I say? Perfect. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott's best film since "The Martian". Great acting, engaging story, and a timely critique of systemic misogyny. Not for the faint of of heart, though. 9 out of 10.

Dune (2021) - A sprawling and ambitious adaptation of the novel with amazing cinematography, strong acting, and a wonderful score from Hans Zimmer. out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

Watched Dune (2021) on Thursday. Once again we have confirmation that Denis Villeneuve is one of the best filmmakers working today. Great pacing, worldbuilding, acting, cinematography, score, sound mixing, and special effects. We need more big studio blockbuster films made with this much care and attention to details. It's very much a part 1 though, so I really hope the film is successful so we get to see the rest of the story.

• Brohoof 1

I just watched the movie "Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark". The story takes place close to the end of the second season of the anime StarBlazers 2199 and also seems to introduce the next villains for the sequel anime StarBlazers 2202

Many great space battles and a good story

On 2021-10-23 at 9:36 PM, Spidey10 said:

Watched Dune (2021) on Thursday. Once again we have confirmation that Denis Villeneuve is one of the best filmmakers working today. Great pacing, worldbuilding, acting, cinematography, score, sound mixing, and special effects. We need more big studio blockbuster films made with this much care and attention to details. It's very much a part 1 though, so I really hope the film is successful so we get to see the rest of the story.

Great news, they announced that Part 2 is officially confirmed!

Young Frankenstein (1974). Probably my favorite Mel Brooks movie. It really delivers and I think Gene Wilder put a lot of himself into this movie, not only as the manic, wild-eyed performer he is, but as a writer/collaborator with Mel Brooks. They struck a good balance together with this movie and it’s really funny.

Last Night In Soho - Edgar Wright's new thriller might be the director's most unique and stylish movie yet. Loved the performances, the filmmaking, and the twists. 8.5 out of 10.

The French Dispatch - If you're a Wes Anderson fan like I am, you'll probably end up enjoying this quirky comedy anthology like me because it has all of Anderson's hallmarks. Though if you're not a fan, this won't be the one that wins you over. out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

I watched the new Netflix western The Harder They Fall last night. Very good. Terrific performances from the whole cast (Especially Jonathan Majors and Lakeith Stanfield), good/fun action, and a solid revenge story. One of the better Netflix Original movies.

A Clockwork Orange. It's ultra violent (see what I did there), but still one of my favourites.

Edited by Cash_In

• 2 weeks later...