Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

• 2 weeks later...

JJk 0, it did not live to it hype. The whole thing is rushed and poorly paced. The plot is good but honestly if they could've made the movie like 2.5 hrs long it would have it been better.  I want too see more of gojo and his relation geto but I guess that will be saved for the series itself. I will give this movie 6.5-7/10.

Drive (2011). I wanted to watch it for a long time because it appears to be a source of inspiration for Hotline Miami developers and I love this game. It turned out to be more of a drama and there weren't as much of action scenes with ultraviolence and syntweave music as I expected. But I still liked it

• Brohoof 1

Morbius - Easily the dullest and most uninspired superhero film in ages. It feels like an early 2000s comic book movie back when studios where embarrassed/ashamed by the source material. The characters were bland, the effects were lame, the pacing is rushed, and the story feels incomplete thanks an underwhelming climax and an abrupt ending. Matt Smith tries his best with a hammy performance, but it's not enough to save it. 3 out of 10.

The Batman (2022) Holy shit! This is absolutely my favorite batman movie!! This movie in my opinion, top the Dark Knight for sure. It's like watching the Tim Burton's Batman (1999) on steroid.  I love how this movie is not very super hero-y but more like a old crime thriller movie.  I like it how they made it more realistic and not go crazy with the high tech and keep it very moderate. The grits and the setting, I really felt like I'm watching a crime serial killer movie! The OST is so superb and its brings the theme to be more taunting. All the actors and actress- perfect perfect perfect.  Especially Paul Dano, my god, what a performance as the Riddler! no words. I love it how they play “Ava Maria” as his themed- it’s just so theatrical!! Good choice song since it’s one of my favorite to listen. I thought it was pretty genius that they take on his character and give it a little twist by adding the impression of an the actual Zodiac killer.

Robert made a great Batman ( handsome at that too)  perfect. I do like gloomy bruce wayne. Most people don’t but I can see why Robert choose to act as he is as Bruce. In a setting like how shitty Gotham is and with a serial killer on a loose too, there’s nothing to have any charisma  about it.  If he would choose to act like a charismatic arrogant self in this very serious time, it will throw off the movie completely. I also  like how Batman learned more than being "vengeance" . Zoe, my god beautiful and perfect as catwoman, Love the gangster penguin Colin, delivers once again!! Three hours movie of slow pacing but keeping you on the edge is just perfect. 20/10. It like they set up this movie like the movie Joker. 

This is going to be my favorite batman movie ever. Next to Joker.  If I have to list my top three movie, The Batman would be in it. 

Star Wars: A New Hope (1977). The absolute original theatrical version without even the ANH subtitle. As one of my all time favorites, it was good to see it again (what's a few hundred viewings anyway?)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). Another of my top faves. Might as well hit the classics, and these movies are as classic as it gets. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Star Wars: A New Hope (1977). The absolute original theatrical version without even the ANH subtitle. As one of my all time favorites, it was good to see it again (what's a few hundred viewings anyway?)

On VHS? That's the only way to get it to my knowledge.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-04-21 at 11:09 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Golden opportunity for classic Marvel:ticking: stuff:squee:  

A little multimedia packaging certainly does no harm. Good way to get some classic material out there too! :yay:

As for the latest movie I watched...

Belle (2021) from Mamoru Hosoda, who brought us The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars among other nice anime features. Belle is an interesting amalgam of the Disney Beauty and the Beast (animated) and Hosoda's own Summer Wars. Overall I liked it; it had good characters and beautiful animation. It needed a bit of editing and one more draft of script to streamline and give it a stronger finish. I was just glad to see another movie from Mamoru Hosoda, it seems like it’s been awhile.

The Girl who Leapt Through Time (2008). In keeping with the theme, I went with my favorite Hosoda movie, and wasn't disappointed. Perfect balance of humor. romance and drama in a beautiful summer setting.

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

As for the latest movie I watched...

Belle (2021) from Mamoru Hosoda, who brought us The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars among other nice anime features. Belle is an interesting amalgam of the Disney Beauty and the Beast (animated) and Hosoda's own Summer Wars. Overall I liked it; it had good characters and beautiful animation. It needed a bit of editing and one more draft of script to streamline and give it a stronger finish. I was just glad to see another movie from Mamoru Hosoda, it seems like it’s been awhile.

The Girl who Leapt Through Time (2008). In keeping with the theme, I went with my favorite Hosoda movie, and wasn't disappointed. Perfect balance of humor. romance and drama in a beautiful summer setting.

Sounds like an awesome movie about Belle, Dreamy. ^^

14 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

Sounds like an awesome movie about Belle, Dreamy. ^^

It's definitely a different take on the character from what we're used to seeing. Very nice though. :P

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - A whacky and endlessly entertaining comedy that lovingly parodies the career of Nic Cage. Pretty sure there's one reference to just about every movie he's been in. out of 10.

The Northman - Everything you could want from a Viking movie and then some. Brutal, gorgeously shot, and not afraid to get into the weirder parts of Norse mythology. out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

Last one I watched was a Norwegian movie called Amundsen, detailing the life and adventures of the eponymous explorer who was the first man to reach the South Pole. It's a very slow film, but the scenery was beautiful and the cinematography was great. If there are any English sub-versions available I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in that kind of thing.

22 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

The Northman - Everything you could want from a Viking movie and then some. Brutal, gorgeously shot, and not afraid to get into the weirder parts of Norse mythology. out of 10.

Really want to see this one!

• Brohoof 2

See the source image

And the best part was I got to watch it late at night in a conference room full of furries as the hosts (who had never seen the film before) were doing a rifftraxs style drinking game, tossing bottles of fireball to the audience and taking requests for donations on the drinking game rules. Somebody proposed they take a shot every time somepony put on or took off their sunglasses. 

They never stood a chance.