Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

(edited)

Ambulance (2022). Waste of time and money. Okay, so it’s one long car chase, fine. But a car chase that drags on for two hours and 16 minutes?? After a while it lost all interest and became a chore. On top of that I hated every character in it and couldn’t decide whose side I was on. And then of course comes the gratuitous obligatory woke scene tacked onto the movie for absolutely no reason whatsoever and only served to alienate half the audience. The plot was all over the place and seemed to be written on the back of a cocktail napkin as they filmed. And let’s not overlook the self-consciously gimmicky direction undoubtedly designed to dazzle Michael Bay’s Hollywood contemporaries and earn critical kudos from people who don’t know any better. Fast cuts and cameras flying up, down, in and out at high speed doesn’t make a movie more exciting; it makes it a freakin’ headache. This movie sucked, plain and simple.

Edited by Bagel Organa

I watched The Batman with Robert Pattinson, i loved it.

It has less action in it than the previous Batman movies because they focus a lot more on the mystery/detective part of Batman and i thought they did a really good job.

I also watched both the Onechanbara Movies and i must say the first one was actually really accurate to the first game mostly and it was enjoyable, it was exactly as over the top and ridiculous as the game.

The second movie was a bit on the more cheaper end, it looked worse and there were only a few good fight scenes, you really notice the lack of a budget. However, they still portrayed some of the characters even more closely to their game counterparts, so i can at least give them credit for that.

• Brohoof 1

The Lost City (2022). It was okay. It reminded me a lot of the ‘Romancing the Stone’ movies in content and general quality. Sadly some of the dialog that trickles through can be pretty stupid when they throw everything, including pre-established board room opinions, at the audience. Otherwise I liked the sense of fun and adventure, and the cast was good too.

Rambo: Last Blood (2019). I liked it because I like Rambo and nobody kicks ass better. But this and the previous ‘Rambo’ (2008) lack the feeling of the first three movies which had more of a comic book super-soldier vs the badguys vibe rather than a somber examination of the atrocities of the world. I know these things have their place as a motive for the character but I miss the different sense of movies from the 1980s and ‘90s which focused more on pure entertainment. That being said, I like Rambo: Last Blood very much and wish they’d have given it a higher budget befitting such a series. I was in a bad mood when I watched it so it did have a certain cathartic aspect to it as well.

2000 Mules (2022). No comment necessary. It speaks for itself perfectly, although it could go a LOT further rather than focusing on just one out of many aspects of the case.

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

The Lost City (2022). It was okay. It reminded me a lot of the ‘Romancing the Stone’ movies in content and general quality. Sadly some of the dialog that trickles through can be pretty stupid when they throw everything, including pre-established board room opinions, at the audience. Otherwise I liked the sense of fun and adventure, and the cast was good too.

Rambo: Last Blood (2019). I liked it because I like Rambo and nobody kicks ass better. But this and the previous ‘Rambo’ (2008) lack the feeling of the first three movies which had more of a comic book super-soldier vs the badguys vibe rather than a somber examination of the atrocities of the world. I know these things have their place as a motive for the character but I miss the different sense of movies from the 1980s and ‘90s which focused more on pure entertainment. That being said, I like Rambo: Last Blood very much and wish they’d have given it a higher budget befitting such a series. I was in a bad mood when I watched it so it did have a certain cathartic aspect to it as well.

2000 Mules (2022). No comment necessary. It speaks for itself perfectly, although it could go a LOT further rather than focusing on just one out of many aspects of the case.

Wow, I haven't heard Romancing The Stone mentioned in such a long time.

I love that movie.

• Brohoof 2

Ford v Ferrari (2019). It’s an interesting story based on true events, told in an entertaining way without gimmicks. It takes its time and tells its story intelligently, even though at 2 hours and 32 minutes it could probably be trimmed down a bit, but I liked it anyway. The scenery is pretty and if you’re into cars its perfect (I’m not really into cars but it still held my interest).

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers

It wasn't bad but I feel that if meta content wasn't focused on so heavily, there would be nothing to this movie. The characters were as generic and flat as they could be, especially the wannabe detective.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Top Gun: Maverick - A thrilling, fun, and surprisingly heartfelt sequel to the original. I had a blast. 9.5 out of 10.

I also just watched it. Great movie. Loved the nods to the previous movie, as any "15 years later"-sequel does (or almost +40 in this case).

• Brohoof 2

You Never Can Tell (1951)

A dog inherits a fortune from an eccentric owner, then is poisoned. Suspicion falls on the next in line to inherit, the caretaker lady, formerly the deceased's secretary. King (the dog) is sent back to earth in human form as a private investigator to get her off the hook by finding the real killer, and is assisted by a horse called Goldie (also in human form). Daft but fun.

(edited)

Last week, I watched all 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle films that were on Netflix (the 90s movies and the animated one from 2007).  They are so fun, especially the first movie.  I think I want to become a hardcore TMNT fan now ^_^

Edited by Dita Bear
  • Brohoof 1

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers (2022). *Extensive spoilers ahead*

I can’t believe that this is what I got after 32 years of waiting. This thing is a total train wreck. Making a movie like this is so simple and fans don’t even care of it’s the greatest, most elaborate thing in the world. It’s only supposed to be a fun revisiting of the classic characters and a look at what they’ve been up to all this time. So instead of giving us a fresh, fun adventure with our favorite characters of old, the board room (who apparently had this project on the books for at least 8 years) went to the by-the-numbers checklist of every cliché reserved for the template-of-mishandled-nostalgic-properties. Okay, I like the idea of a cartoon/live action world coexisting; it’s fun and it works. But it seems the writers didn’t know what to do with it or how to handle what little they could grasp. Making Dale a CG character while keeping Chip in 2D style (which wasn’t animated even nearly as well as the cheap TV animation of the original show) was stupid and added more to the meaningless rift between them as characters. Chip didn’t even have his trademark Indy Jones costume except for one fleeting scene, and spent the whole movie looking (and acting) like the uptight insurance salesman he supposedly became. And the voices were absurd. Even the original TV series didn’t have the original sounds of the characters but it was okay back then because it wasn’t so far off the mark as to be distracting. But now, they give the vocal duties over to the worst voice actors I've ever heard, and have no business in this movie. They’re not the same characters anymore on any level and that’s not what fans want. Even the references to the original show are almost completely wrong. The biggest heartbreak though was Gadget, who is arguably one of the most popular animated characters ever, and barely made a cameo in this mess. After all this time the little romantic competition between the chipmunks over her resulted in her…ending up with Zipper?!?! WTFFF?? That doesn’t even work as a joke, and I think Zipper actually had more dialog than Gadget in this thing; yeah, Zipper. I can’t even begin to cover everything that’s wrong with this movie; some things go beyond the scope of a mere review. So anyway, I started this movie wanting to like it and I had a very open mind, but by the time it declined from bad filmmaking to outright disjointed chaos, I was just waiting for the end to come. It didn’t come fast enough and here I am, after all these years of waiting, wishing it had never come at all. Thanks Disney, for fucking up another classic.  

• Brohoof 2

Top Gun: Maverick is already an instant masterpiece from the original. However, one cannot rule out Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which also did really well. And Spider-Man: No Way Home while on my trip in Florida, Willem Dafoe aced it really well as Norman Osborne/Green Goblin.

Monsieur Hulot's Holiday (1953) — a Jacques Tati movie. Still one of my favourite bits is trying to fill a watering can from a sprinkler to put out a burning shed full of fireworks. :D

Not forgetting of course the dreadful car.