3. Princess Celestia

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Fluttershy

6. Spitfire

7. Princess Cadance

8. Lyra

9. Scootaloo

10. Rarity

Because I find that princess can be best ponies too, and not just the main six. ALWAYS.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

(edited)

1. Fluttershy: Kind-natured, shy, timid, yet when able to push herself to the plate, is an extraordinarily brave character. Her psyche is broken and still in desperate need of repair and is great fodder for psychological analyses.

Derpy Hooves: No matter how hard she tries, her vision perception will always screw her up. Clumsy and aloof, she's a very bright spot to Ponyville, because she's very cheery and always tries to do the right thing. In her brief roles, she has a lot of character that makes her cute and funny. Furthermore, on a more personal note, she's the community's creation and is the justified symbol of this fandom.

Princess Celestia: Flat character notwithstanding, she is a very wise ruler. Smart, kind, and unwilling to let the pressures of ruling a kingdom get into her head. She is an excellent mentor for Twilight Sparkle, who she has full trust of.

Dinky: There's really no good reason for the canon, for Dinky is merely a placeholder to fill in the background and has zero personality in the show. But the fanon thus far has solidified this with the Dinky/Derpy daughter/mother tandem and her constant portrayal in the work.

Trixie: A character who received the short end of the stick in Boast Busters. A showmare with the confidence and arrogance. A show-off with the ability to entertain in order to make a living. As a character, she has so much depth in which, following Magic Duel, can be explored further.

Rainbow Dash: Cocky, confident, caring, and loyal. The most complex and most developed of the Mane Six. There are so many layers in her characters that make her such a joy to discuss, debate, and analyze. She takes that tomcolt stereotype and breaks it in half.

Twilight Sparkle: Adorkable, insecure, intelligent, and so on. From a unicorn whose nose continued to be buried in a book to a capable and calculative leader, she's grown immensely. But she still has many holes to fill and challenges to fulfill. Despite how bad the Twilicorn was conceptually and in execution, it provides ample opportunity to promote her as a better leader and character.

Princess Luna: The best written of the three princess so far, discounting Twilight currently. In all of her appearances, she's yet to be badly written at any point. Of the two sisters, she's the underdog and has one of the best FIM pony designs (her season two version is much better in that regard). Despite regainning her position as the Princess of the Night, she still tries to fulfill her worth as both a princess and pony. The pain of her blanketing the world with darkness still scars her mind, and she's still trying to recover from it. Like so many other characters, Fluttershy including, Luna is one you can really psychologically analyze and realize how deep she is as a character.

Discord: A villain to initiate with, more of a neutral character/borderline antagonist today. He's the most well-rounded villain in the entire series: mischevous, chaotic, and menacing. His characterization made him so deliciously EVIL. Although him being more of an antagonist might drop him down a peg (especially if the team doesn't one-off him again), he's still a great character who makes ponykind's livelihood dizzy.

Princess Cadance: Caring, sweet, kind, and stubborn. Dubbed the so-called "purity princess" by critics, she ain't close to a Mary Sue. The Princess of Harmony never enjoys sadness, always loves spreading her wish of love and happy life to those around her. She's very protective of her current kingdom, The Crystal Empire, and will do whatever she can to keep the Crystal Ponies safe and joyful. Her half of "This Day Aria" is rich in character, depicting her firm commitment and love for Shining Armor and anguish over Chrysalis tricking Twilight's friends, Canterlot, Princess Celestia, and all of Equestria.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

1. Luna

2. Celestia

3. Rarity

4. Twilight

5. Discord

6.Pinkie Pie

7.Rainbow Dash

8. Zecora 

9. Applejack

10. Tank

I don't outright dislike many people on this show. The Cakes entire family gets on my nerves, as well as Applebloom (sorry all), and Blueblood, because he looks like Fabio to me and that creeps me out.

(edited)

1. Twilight Sparkle (I can both relate to her and look up to her, plus her magic powers are cool)

2. Fluttershy (very adorable, I can relate to her sensitivity a lot)

3. Pinkie Pie (funny, brings a lot of life to the show)

4. Rarity (smarter than she seems, with great over the top dialouge)

5. Discord (both humorous and cool, does a good job representing Q)

6. Daring Do (serious about her work and does it with style)

7. Scootaloo (almost like a Fluttershy that wants to be a Rainbow Dash)

8. Rainbow Dash (she makes for some great episodes)

9. Angel (sometimes a total jerk, sometimes caring, doesn't have to say anything to say a lot)

10. Applejack (has some great lines, I like her bickering with Rarity)

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

1) RainbowDash 4 the win! :P

2) Applejack (Maybe no. 3)

3) Scootaloo (maybe no. 2)

4) Vinyl Scratch

5) Luna

6) Applebloom

7) SweetieBelle (I like her singing voice :))

8) Fluttershy

9) Celestia

10) urrrr ba...ba..babs...babs seed

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!Of Course Everyone Has their own Opinions of who they love and who they hated in the Pony World,Do they Like Rainbow Dash,Hate Fluttershy,Think Sunset Shimmer is a fail?Its all in the Imagination.So Today I Will Tell You Who are My Top 10 Favourite Ponies Whether Mane 6,Background,Supporting ,or Non -Pony (Discord,Mulia Miles Etc.)Feel Free To Leave Your Own Opinions Below:-

~Favourite Background/Supporting Ponies/Non-Pony/Mane-6~

10.Big Macintosh

This Apple Family Stallion Has Not Gotten Enough Screentime but I Think the person who designed his appearance was awesome!Of Course all he ever says is Rarely a Few Lines and his Catchy Routine of saying ''Eeyup'' and ''Nopeah''.His Appereances have been pretty funny over all especially when he was in love with Twilight's stuffed animal Smarty Pants!

09.Shining Armor

Twilight's Brother Having Only Appeared in a Few Episodes Such as his Wedding are probably the most memorable Pony Ever.His Appeareances with''Twily'' and ''Candence'' have been as awesome as ever.He Sure Has been awesome even in his Few Appeareances.What I Like About Him ,I Have Absolutely Positutely No Idea. XD

08.Fluttershy

Her Shyness,Kindness,Every Single Detail,It Makes up the Cutest Little Pony Ever.His Pet Angel ,Her other Animal Friends,I Wish She Gets her Own Episode Sometime Because she is a Great Pony and for some people the best pony.

07.Zecora

This Strange Potion Medic Who Mixes Up the Best Potions and Has the best Cures with his Rhymes I Just Love it All!I Think its awesome how Apple Bloom never doubted him in his debuting episode.I Hated Apple Jack for that!

06.Derpy Hooves.

A Random Clumsy Pony who Loves Muffins!What more do you want?She Has Cameos in Almost all the episodes as does she have about 2 Cameos in Equestria Girls.I Think Its Nice how people pair her with Dr.Whooves but the thing I Hate is those Idiots who banned her from being seen just because of her name.

05.Silver Spoon

A Cute Little Filly with Glasses.I  Think she can do way better with out bossy Diamond Tiara.The Thing I Don't understand is Her Cutie Mark.I Mean Silver Ware?What does she do?Polish it?Anyways I Think she would be a great member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

04.Twilight Sparkle

Everyone's Favourite Main Character,The Resident Egg Head.I Like How she sometimes goes crazy over such small things and then gets Back to Normal,How she can always handle most situations,Defeating Chrysalis,Discord,Nightmare Moon ,being there for her Brother,Never missing a Reunion,Always helping every pony out,Having Great Friends and her two great pets Owlicious and Spike!How she catered Spike was just Nice.Now that she is an Alicorn  I Can't wait to see whats in store for her!

03.Apple Bloom And Sweetie Belle (Tied)

Members of the CMC.They have both gotten their own episode such as Apple Bloom trying to make it happen with the other fillies in school,Being a Leader,Ready to meet Babs Seed,Always has the best ideas and a nice sister named Apple Jack.Then theres Sweetie Belle.A Cute little Filly whose Actor had her Birthday very recently and I Actually sent a Birthday Card XD.How Rarity saw the light in her debuting episode through all her mishaps was great!How they're so close to getting their Cutie Marks Apple Bloom obviously hinted lots of times is Construction and Sweetie Belle's is Singing.Perhaps when MLP (Which I Hope it Doesn't) ends in the Finale they will get their Cutie Marks.

02.Pinkie Pie

Her Randomness,Songs,Being Happy for Everypony,Food Making,Trying to always host parties ,Making Friends with every pony is all just awesome!Her Pet Crocodile Gummy is so Funny!She is also the member of the Mane 6 to appear in the Most Episodes throughout the Season.

And the Moment you have all been waiting for...

01.Rarity!

Her Beauty,Style,Fashion I Just Love it All!Topped off with her Family,House,Pet Cat ,I Just Can't get enough of her!I Like Every Single Episode she has appeared in and I Hope she gets more likers.Remember how she got her Cutie Mark by a Rock!And that time when she got corrupted by Discord and named her Rock Tom.

Well There you Have It!See Ya Real Soon!

• Brohoof 1

1. Applejack/Twilight Sparkle/Luna

2. Rainbow Dash/Sweetie Belle

3. Pinkie Pie/Applebloom/Scootaloo/Derpy Hooves

4. Big Macintosh

5. Braeburn

6. Rarity

7. Fluttershy

8. Cadence

9. Celestia

10. Fancy Pants

• Brohoof 1

1. Fluttershy

2. Pinkie Pie

3. Sweetie Belle

4. Twilight Sparkle/Rarity

5.  Silver Spoon

6.  Mayor Mare

7.  Rainbow Dash/Applejack

8. Scootaloo

9. Apple Bloom

10. Princess Luna

• Brohoof 1

I decided to make my own list.

10. Applejack-

I like how she is hardworking and dependable (thus she wields the element of Honesty)

9. Scootaloo-

Sleepless in Ponyville really sealed the deal here. I find her to be one of the most adorable because of the events of that episode.

8. Luna-

She seems to like having fun, according to the Nightmare night episode.

Also because of the dramatic changes from her form in the first two episodes.

7. Rarity-

She is fairly fancy and cares significantly about beauty as well as her friends.

6. Big Mac-

I absolutely love his subtle humor.

5. Vinyl Scratch-

Mostly for fanmade stuff I do admit.

4. Pinkie Pie-

I like her songs and the way she is used for comic relief.

3. Fluttershy-

I can easily relate to her shyness.

2. Rainbow Dash-

Only 20% cooler...

1. Twilight Sparkle-

I find her to be like a bookwormish version of myself, particularly in the earlier parts of the show.

• Brohoof 1

1. Fluttershy / Pinkie Pie

2. Big Macintosh

3. Discord

4. Spike

5. Applejack / Twilight

6. Derpy

7. Stephen Magnet

8. Iron Will

9. Flim and Flam

10. Rarity

Well my top 10 list consists of the mane 6 all first, due to them being liked by me over all the other ponies, i still have an order for them, and then i'll have to do some thinking...

1. Fluttershy

2. Twilight.

3. Pinkie Pie

4. Rainbow Dash

5. Rarity

6. Applejack

7. Discord(If he counts as a pony)

8.Sweetie belle

9. Scootaloo

10. Luna

11. Applebloom(If Discord doesn't apply to make it so I still have 10.)

Its hard to pick honestly, and i only really ever ordered the mane 6. so I can't really say.

1. Twilight Sparkle

2. Twilight Sparkle

3. Twilight Sparkle

4. Twilight Sparkle

5. Twilight Sparkle

6. Twilight Sparkle

7. Twilight Sparkle

8. Twilight Sparkle

9. Twilight Sparkle

10. Twilight Sparkle

• Brohoof 1

I've never been good at putting so many amazing characters in any kind of an order, so expect a lot of ties. Also, I'm not including anything but equine characters due to the title of the thread. Sorry Spike.

1. Applejack (No.1 favorite ever)

2. Twilight Sparkle

3. Fluttershy

4. Pinkie Pie/Rarity/Rainbow Dash (I love all three, and I can't decide who I like most and least, so it's a tie)

5. Apple Bloom (Fave filly)

6. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo (Again, I like them both too much to decide)

7. Sunset Shimmer (She's awesome. Haters gonna hate)

8. Derpy Hooves (Best background pony!)

9. Zecora (Best pony that's not a pony)

10. Big Macintosh/Babs Seed/Granny Smith (Apple Family <3 )

(edited)

1. Twilight Sparkle

2. Octavia Melody

3. The Great and Powerful Trixie

4. Sunstet Shimmer

5. Sweetie Belle

6. Cloudchaser

7. Flitter

8. Lyra Heartstrings

9. Spitfire

10. Derpy

Edited by blackwolverine2

Well...here are my top 10 favorites:

1. Rarity
  2. Octavia
  3. Princess Celestia
  4. Applejack
  5. Princess Cadence
  6. Discord (if he counts)
  7. Rainbow Dash
  8. Sweetie Belle
  9. Photo Finish
  10. Twilight Sparkle
  11. Vinyl Scratch (in case Discord doesn't count)

1. Fluttershy

2. Octavia

3. Scootaloo

4. Luna

5. Rarity

6. Shining Armor

7. Derpy

8. DJ Pon3

9. Celestia

10. Chrysalis

Top ten ponies! :3

my favorite ponies in order

1) Octavia

2) Rarity

3) Applejack

4) Vinyl Scratch

5) Fluttershy

6) Silver Spoon

7) Princess Luna

8) Twilight Sparkle

9) Pinkie Pie

10) Spiderman 

(edited)

1) I don't know if it counts, but... whatever! Sunset Shimmer

2) Pinkie Pie

3) Rainbow Dash

4) Lightning Dust

5) The tree Applejack reads a tale to (I don't remember its name and I'm too lazy to rewatch the first 2 minutes of the episode only for that)

6) Discord

7) Fluttershy

8) Twilight 

9) Luna

10) Scoolatoo

Here, have some cuteness

2lmxxf9.png

Edited by Dark Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

Eh, why not?

1. Chrysalis

2. Cloudchaser