77 users have voted

1. 1. Who would make the best mother?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy

Alright, so a large part of the world is celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow, so why not have a themed topic? (that I don't think has been done before...?  well, at least the first 4 pages of a search for 'mother' didn't turn up anything relevant)  Let's make a hypothetical situation where one of our six favorite brightly-colored equines adopts a foal.  Which of the Mane Six do you think would be the best mother?

My opinion below:

Personally, I would say Applejack.  It seems like she's had at least some experience raising foals (Apple Bloom), which is more than most of the other characters can say.  I also imagine that she could teach the foal the value of hard work, without overworking them.  She also would have plenty of help from her family, one of which who has already raised children.

• Brohoof 5

I believe the best mother is Twilight because she would be perfect at cleaning and organising her filly as well as educating her child in magic.Also she could offer her child a vast majority of expensive tutors because she is a Princess after all

In terms of personality, it would more than likely be Fluttershy, seeing as she already has a very strong motherly instinct. In terms of EXPERIENCE, however, I would have to agree with you on Applejack, as she deals with Applebloom (?) oftenly.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I already voted for Twilight Sparkle, but when I saw Fluttershy, I immediately thought of her kindness to fillies, and fouls. I would say Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, but Twilight puts more discipline than Fluttershy.

I believe the best mother is Twilight because she would be perfect at cleaning and organising her filly as well as educating her child in magic.Also she could offer her child a vast majority of expensive tutors because she is a Princess after all

I fully agree with that.

Edited by Chaotic Octavia

(edited)

I voted for Applejack. I agree that she's already had some experience with Apple Bloom, whom she really enjoys spending time with. Also, Applejack is kind, hard-working, and devoted to her family. Twilight and Fluttershy could make good mothers too, though.

Edited by PowerStar89

This topic again..

Okay I know the fact is that Applejack would make the best mother.

Twilight would make a great mother too. But she would push her foat too much to study and stuff.
Flutters would make a caring mother, but the animals would kill the foal. And I don't think she would be able to rise her child well because she is too imprudent.

Rarity's foal would be her thropy child.

Pinks would make a kind of mother familiar to Dash (see below). Fun fun fun fun fun.

But Dashia would be the most awesome mother.. taking it easy, friend-like relationship...

And my head-canon Rainbow Dash (on my avatar) would be the absolutely best mother.

• Brohoof 2

My choice would not be a mane 6 memeber, but a character that has appeared in only one episode. You know Tom. 

I just get the feeling that Tom, would make great father. He has such a way with words, and his voice is very soothing which would calm a baby down. So, Tom would be my choice as the best parent.

tumblr_m8peu4yzHB1rzawewo1_500.jpg

• Brohoof 9

I voted Fluttershy because she seems overall to have the best motherly instinct, even if she isn't the best at making decisions and such due to her shyness and personality. It was close between her and Applejack. 

• Brohoof 4

My choice would not be a mane 6 memeber, but a character that has appeared in only one episode. You know Tom. 

I just get the feeling that Tom, would make great father. He has such a way with words, and his voice is very soothing which would calm a baby down. So, Tom would be my choice as the best parent.

tumblr_m8peu4yzHB1rzawewo1_500.jpg

Yeah Tom and Rarity would be the best parents ever!

But anyway i think AppleJack would be the parent, she already has a strong conection with her family and the kid would not only be geting a hardworking/caring mom but they would be geting a strong uncle, a crazy granny and ummm.... her too img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

• Brohoof 2

All of them would make great mothers, but for each pony I think:

• Twilight seems like a very idealistic mother, but we know how preoccupations can work her up; raising a filly would be an enormous responsibility. We don't even know if she's up to being a princess yet! In the past, Twilight has treated her work with utmost care and devotion, knowing that valuable lessons come out of it - but a slip-up is enough to send her panicking or becoming irritable. She needs to conquer the slip-up side of it to become a great mother, as she could pass on all these lessons about friendship that she's learned :)

• Applejack is already pretty much a motherly figure to Apple Bloom and a participating family member of the Apples. She spends much, much more time with her family than any other Mane 6 member does, is very capable of making things go to plan (I'm thinking Zap Apples, not the Apple Family Reunion!) and she generally seems like she would treat her child knowledgeably and lovingly.

Another thing I'd like to think about Applejack, is that she's taken it upon herself to be a figure of guidance for Apple Bloom - and her friends whenever such a situation comes by - to do what her parents, presumed to be deceased, would never be able to continue doing. A tribute, if you will.

• I would imagine Rainbow Dash to make a fine mother, given she has some more time to learn what underlies it. She's recently taken Scootaloo under her wing, which will provide only so many things about being a figure of guidance. I can't really deduce anything further than that because her own experience of being a family member aren't nearly as defined as some other characters.

• Pinkie Pie's foundations for being a mother I will have to mostly base on her actions in Baby Cakes, where she actually took on the role of caring after children. It was clear that her best interests were at heart and that she and the two babies had really bonded by the end of the episode. If Pinkie can form the same type of bond with her own children, employing the experiences, do's and don't's from her own babysitting then she would be a wonderful, wonderful mother. 

• Again counting family experience, Rarity would make a great mother too. Her finicky side could be a problem in some aspects of it, like if her foal ends up playing with their food, but Rarity is a pony to pick up on what goes wrong and give it a big fat "This will never happen again! >:[".

• Fluttershy's already demonstrated that she can house small creatures with absolutely no problem at all. And if you think about it, a foal is just like the animals she would take care of. Her Stare would come in enormous handy when it comes to raising, and actually Angel greatly embodies a child who attempts being stubborn to get their own way, or general issues that arise where child raising is concerned. Fluttershy finds many means of besting him, so who's to say that she can't do the same with a foal of hers? :)

In the end, I do think Applejack would be the best mother of the crew for the reasons stated above. Pinkie Pie follows in close second nonetheless.

• Brohoof 10

I think it has got to be Fluttershy. She is almost always loving and caring to her woodland friends, but knows how to make them listen with The Stare. She has also told off a dragon, but then comforted him and showed him the error of his ways, which is how a nurturing mother would handle the situation. So by not just punishing the wrongs, but also explaining why they're wrong, in my opinion, makes Fluttershy best mother material.

• Brohoof 2

I think Applejack would be the best mother because of her dedication, family loyalty, and honesty. She would also be a great role-model for her kid.

Though Fluttershy would also be a good choice, her timidness would prevent her from being an amazing parent because she would have to deal with a bunch of other ponies when raising a filly. She doesn't have to deal with many ponies while raising animals.

Twilight Sparkle might be a good mom because of her intelligence, but her OCD-ness might get in the way.

I honestly cannot choose who to vote for! I think they would ALL make great mothers in different ways:

Twilight is intelligent and could definitely lead a child in the right direction.

Rarity is caring and would surely know how to act on the 'telling-off' duties of being a mum. (why has she got no votes yet??)

Rainbow Dash would definitely be able to give her child good motivation and confidence, which is something I think children really need.

Fluttershy is obviously very kind-hearted and would be the ideal source of reassurance and comfort for her son/daughter.

Applejack, as many people have said, already has a strong bond with Apple Bloom, and I feel she would be just as good with a mother/daughter relationship too.

Pinkie Pie, I'm not so sure about, because she's so hyper and all, but her performance in Baby Cakes has shown she does have the potential for getting along with children. 

If I HAD to pick one... um...I'd pick... err.....

Gahh I CAN'T CHOOSE! 

It's a tie between Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash for me. 

If I could say which one of the Mane 6 would make the best parent, would have to be Applejack.

• Applejack is a very hard-working pony, and I think she would be able to raise a filly just like how she is able to a very understanding sister to Apple Bloom. Especially, her hard work and dedication to her family.
  • Pinkie Pie sounds like a very fun mother to be around but, at times she would be very distracted. But, she would still be a good mother.
  • Twilight Sparkle, would be able to teach her filly magic and other studies of the types of magic by reading books. Even though, she has the tendency to get crazy and usually lose focus when she is stressed.
  • Fluttershy, would definitely be a loving and caring mother.
  • Rainbow Dash, would teach her filly the key techniques of being athletic and very competitive at times.
  • Rarity would be able to show her filly on how to design dresses and being very generous to her friends.
  • Brohoof 1

I would pick Fluttershy, I suppose.

The main reasons being: she's plain-out motherly. She cares about other ponies, but is not afraid to be assertive. 

She's kind and caring and would be a perfect mother. yay.png

Fluttershy has a very caring motherly attitude, so i choose her, although its possible her shyness and not terrible normally assertive behavior might lead to the foal not being raised well.

Then again she has been assertive before, so maybe she could be one.

I could see Twilight raising a good foal to. 

AJ has probaly the most experience since she has to care for Applebloom as more or less a mother alot of times.

I believe that Twilight would make the best parent. She is intelligent and caring, two very important traits for a parent. It would be better if Fluttershy would also help take care of the child along side of Twilight but i'm deviating right now. Twilight just seems like the type of pony who would make a great mother. 

Most of them except RD would probably be okay. Each would have a different parenting style. Rarity would be hit or miss. She might be good, or she might spoil her daughter and make her a prissy little diva.

As a fellow Twihard, I want to agree with you so badly. But if I know Twi, she's very prone to freak out over minor things.

Don't clean your room - Get ready for a tounge lashing

Forget to study 10 hours - No dinner

And Celestia forbid, Get a B on a test - Kiss your flank goodbye.

And besides, Spike's all the example we need of her parenting skills

I think Applejack. Fluttershy could be a good candidate but she doesn´t know that much about children as of animals. And If you think about it, she practically has the roll of Apple Bloom´s mother. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to have to say fluttershy. As evidenced in 'The Stare Master,' she is kind, and loving, but also firm when she needs to be. Plus, she knows how to care for the injured. Plus, if the kids get too obnoxious, there is always...

*gasp*

The... STARE!

*Horrified gasp*

Well, to be honest most of the ponies would be great parents in different aspects. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses to compliment each other. Though if I were to choose one, it would definitely be AppleJack. She is the most honest, caring, loving, reasonable, and motherly of the Mane 6. Besides, she makes the best big sister ever - even Sweetie Belle wanted to take her in an episode!

But seriously, AJ is such a great sis that I'm sure she would be an awesome (and fun) mother laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

She gets so caught up in her studies that she doesn't seem like she would have much time.

What about her and spike? She seems fairly negligent of him most of the time. 

I think she is too concerned with studies, and personal details, that she would not be the best mother (out of the options given).

(edited)

Given how each character has grown, they'd all make excellent mothers. It all depends on the type of foal they adopt since they've already proven capable of handling children (Applejack with Apple Bloom / Twilight with Spike / Rarity with Sweetie Belle / Rainbow Dash with Scootaloo / Pinkie Pie with Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake/ Fluttershy from her foal-sitting and animal care).

Choosing the best mother is kinda difficult since they all focus on certain aspects more than others. Just comes down to the type of kid. By the end of season 3, all of their glaring faults have been resolved. Twilight is composed during a crisis, Fluttershy is assertive when the situation demands it, Rainbow Dash isn't consumed by athleticism (she reads, chooses Tank, opens up), Applejack ain't so stubborn anymore, Rarity learns to focus on the bigger picture and make time for her sister, and Pinkie learns that playing is only a part of parenthood.

Edited by Starlight Sky