Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Equestria Girls Trailer

Sanic Screwdriver

86 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like or hate Equestria Girls?

• hate
    • neutral

This is very impressive, very impressive indeed. It takes humongous effort to fail as horribly as that Equestria Girls trailer ended up doing. Although to be honest, who had high expectations in the first place?

I will look at it the same way I saw My Little Pony in the beginning: It may not be my cup of tea, but I won't hate on it without watching it.

Who knows, I might like it

Personally I'm fine with it.....except for the fact that Spike is a dog....
Spike is depicted as a different species to the rest of the cast, but at least he seems to show the same amount of sentience and intelligence, rather than just being a 'pet'.
This is rather demeaning for him (not to mention how it might make the whole Spike and Rarity relationship a bit weird). Is he going to be a super smart talking dog? WIll Dog's even be allowed in a high school? I really don't know why they couldn't have made him a smaller humanoid, or at least anything that wasn't as demeaning as a dog.
Other than that, I don't really have much of a problem with this.

Anngh. The trailer just killed any desire I had to see the film. It looks like it's physically painful to watch; every High School cliche I was worried would be included appears to not only have been included, but included in the bluntest way possible and everything I hoped might be in the movie appears to have been ruled out. And Spike is still a dog.

Yes, once it hits YouTube, I'll feel obligated to see if it really is the dreck I feel very certain it is. Granted, it could, despite all the evidence to the contrary, turn out to be good. Maybe something clever will be done with Twilight's human counterpart. I don't know.

Twilight... is going to have a boyfriend?

I have mixed feelings.

First off, Sunset Shimmer is a PONY. If she didn't use the mirror, why is she on earth?

Also, Spike is a dog.

And anyways, why wouldn't anyone else notice why the character's skin is colorful?

However, it seems less horrendous than it did when we just had screenshots.

I still don't understand why they have to go to high school. That gives a sort of Twilight (the bad one) feel (immortal person chooses to go to high school forever and ever).

I think I'll wait for it to appear on the interwebs before watching it.

• Brohoof 1

First off, Sunset Shimmer is a PONY. If she didn't use the mirror, why is she on earth?

And anyways, why wouldn't anyone else notice why the character's skin is colorful?

Dash, AJ, Pinkie, Rarity and Fluttershy have human forms, and they're ponies too xP All this means is we haven't seen Sunset Shimmer in Equestria yet. Could pop up in S4, perhaps, but if not, then it's still safe to assume she's got an Equestrian counterpart as well.

Willing Suspension of Disbelief biggrin.png I'm personally glad for it. If they tried to force certain ethnicities or races on the Mane Six I would not be all too psyched about it :P

At first I was sceptical of it. Then I watched the trailer. When I first saw it, I thought it was ok. After thinking about it for a couple of minutes, this is what I was thinking "WHEN IS IT COMING OUT? I'M SO EXCITED!" I really ought not to judge things before I see them for myself. :P

• Brohoof 1

From what I've seen I'm scarred by the plot. The animation seems fine, I don't know why but I figured the animation wouldn't be a lick fluid. Hopefully I'm just wrong, but it seems like it's going to 25% MLP:FIM, 75% Bratz knockoff. img-1459827-1-sad.png 

I hope I'm wrong... I hope it'll be good... I'll keep waiting until I see it in its entirety to have a verdict. Please just be a shock due to human ponies.

I agree the plot seems to be the run of the mill stock plot for high school films. But then that is what they are trying to do with Equestria girls. I can not believe no one else has mentioned this but why do you think they are making this: merchandise.

Do you know how much easier it will be to market human looking dolls to girls then ponies. A lot easier is the answer and no doubt with endless accessories.

The water is being tested if Equesteria girls becomes successful you can bet Hasbro is going to consider the long term implications of running two similar shows alongside each other. Whether it will be good is of course still a question no one can answer at this point.

The trailer allayed my fears. I'm probably gonna own the DVD when it comes out.

I think all the angry hoof stompers are overreacting.

The only reason I have for concern (not anger, that's a bit much) is simply

the possiblity that if equestia girls becomes a successful series in it's own right would Hasbro really

want to continue making both MLP:FIM and equestria girls in the longrun?

One of my major concerns about this though...if humans come into the show, i'm gone. 

It's just a huge pet hate of mine seeing humans in Equestria, to me Equestria is a fantasy land where these ponies live and it helps to sink into the show and get away, seeing humans there would completely destroy everything the show has to offer for me. 

Note: I'm not saying humans in Equestria would be a bad thing, i'm sure they'd be able to pull it off and do okay (G1 for example) but for me it would just be a total killer, and I would most likely never watch the new episodes again. I wouldn't leave the fandom though, I love you guys too much.

I don't know about some of you, but to be quite honest, I am looking FORWARD to this! I think the movie is going to be epic. I may be 22, but I never felt so excited for a little girls' movie. Can't wait for June! <3 

Well, I definitely wasn't keen on the whole Equestria Girls thing before this trailer came out, but after I watched the trailer, I decided that I quite liked it! I mean, it's a surprise to me that Hasbro are doing something like this, but just because it's something new and different doesn't mean it won't be good. Besides, "I shouldn't knock something until I've tried it." -Rainbow Dash 

Hehe anyway I'm overall looking forward to seeing this movie and feel confident that Hasbro will make it just as good as the normal show is. :) 

Oh and also, I'm interested to see human Twilight might be getting a little crush!! wub.png

Well well... Equestria Girls...

I'm starting this by saying that I like humanized ponies if done right, but the early artwork of EG was NOT done right IMO. It seemed so over saturated with girlyness and the rumors of Spike being a dog didn't make it sound better.

But after seeing the trailer, I have to say it doesn't look that bad... I'm glad they changed the artwork, it looks better and sometimes, it even looked cute. However I'm not sure about the story, it looks like a generic high school story: with prom dance, prom queen, Twilight possibly falling in love with generic popular guy (or "Brad" as the internetz have nicknamed him), and popular girl antagonist. So I'm not particularly excited about this, but I'm going to watch it anyway.

However the only thing that pisses me off is:

Spike being a dog....

FUCKING BULLSHIT

• Brohoof 1

I personally loved the trailer! and I look forward to the movie with great expectation.

I love the looks of the mane 6. Twilight looks great, Rainbow's look kinda surprised me... I didn't expect a punk look. Applejack could've used jeans or somehting, but her skirt was cute. Rarity was perfect. Fluttershy looks adorable. And Pinkie Pie's outfit totally fits.

I saw the current trailer for it and was kind of impressed in a way...I honestly thought it would suck or that it would be stupid or they wouldn't pull the who 'Pony turned human' thing off vary well but looking at the trailer they seemed to have done it vary well one can only hope it turns out way better then it looks! :D on a side note I hope they decide to add Lyra and Bon Bon since they added Vın̈yl Scratch! :)

I for one have already bought my tickets and will be waiting in line to see Equestria Girls. I fully support this movie, because it could break another sterytype, this time with highschoolers. Most people think highschoolers are all airheads, and Equestria Girls could really break this myth, like MLP did with Little Girls cartoons.

This is gonna be awesome!

/)

Looks like this will be moved but anyway.....

I already gave my two bits in on another EQG topic and basically I will give the movie a chance do to the similar crew and so there's a high chance they will do a decent job on the movie.

@

Due to Equestria Girls being an independent spin-off (and because threads pertaining to it were flooding other sections), it has its own forum. There's also a thread pinned at the top of that forum for discussion about the new trailer; your thread has been merged with it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't get why people seem to hate this so much. I seen the trailer on youtube and a lot of the comments just hate on the show. I honestly think its going to be pretty great. I'm pretty excited for it. It also kinda is giving me the very happy and smiley kind of feelings I used to always get when I first became a brony derpy_emoticon1.png

Edited by Sytrack

Is this the long awaited Mass Effect movie? Because there sure seems to be a lot of colorful aliens!

The blue one wasn't an unrealistic misrepresentation of female beauty, so no.

Wait, what does the limitted theatrical run mean?  Does that mean only a few theaters will show the movie?  That it will only be out for a week or something?

Here's a video on my thoughts on the promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goQdcZ7LHuk&feature=youtu.be

Heya Folks,

I really love the fact that the main characters in MLP are cute ponies or unicorns. 

I have to get kinda used to the new ideas i guess. I rather look forward to season 4 of Friendship is Magic.

I'm not gonna make a decision until I watch it. I'm gonna go ahead and do an opening night view so I can count the bronies that are a part of my community. All in all it looks alright.

Looks better than even I (whom argue greatly in favor of EQ a while ago) expected.

Although I won't be able to see it in theaters (...), I'm look foward to mentally replacing that guy with myself watching it at home,

Just joking. I might give it a chance...but I'm still not too happy about the whole "pony-turned-human" thing.

Though now my suspicions have been confirmed...there are crystal guardsponies!