Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear that a lot of people will leave the fandom after EqG?

Hdc

Will the herd diminish due to EqG?  

147 users have voted

1. 1. Do you fear that a lot of people will leave the fandom because of Equestria Girls?

• Yes
    • No

I doubt EG is a spin off show, just a stand alone movie. I've seen sources that say the writers confirmed that it won't interfere with the canon of FIM. Those who don't want to watch the film simply just don't have to. 

BTW, our fandom really needs to stop fearing we're going to break apart. We have rants like this all the time but no one actually leaves the fandom. Remember Mare Do Well or the moral of Feeling Pinkie Keen? There was major shit storm because of those two things but no one freaking left. Even after Magical Mystery Cure, the bronies who did 'leave' still watch the first two seasons of FIM. Kinda like how a Star Wars fan hates the prequels but loves the originals.

Hell, most people who do leave the show, don't even leave the fandom. They continue to look at fanfics and fan art which I think is great. Only 0.001% of those who leave become haters.

Do you think FIM has changed because of us, like do you think the writers took us into account when they wrote the newer episodes? It seems like they have done some things for us, but I don't think they will be with EQG, I think that maybe they are making this targeting the originally targeted audience, rather than targeting us for it now, like FIM is now being made in part for us. What do you think?

I do believe we have had an impact on the newer episodes of FIM.  Take all the most popular background ponies for instance (Derpy, Dr. Hooves, DJPON3, Bonbon and Lyra, etc etc etc) If it wasn't for us pointing out these characters, making stories about them and just overall giving the team positive feedback over these characters, we would not have seen Derpy again after episode one with her eyes (it was an animation error turned intentional after our pointing it out), Lyra and Bonbon would probably have not been seen together again after their first appearance together, Dr. Hooves would not be Dr. Hooves, and we would not have seen a Vinyl Scratch toy, let alone all the merchandise endorsed by Hasbro for the specific brony fandom (such as those large plastic figures at Hot Topic, and the all other merchandise  'not' for kids {such as wallets, and adult t-shirts). 

The biggest difference I see with EGQ and the show itself is the marketing under Hasbro.  DHX has had a positive relationship with the brony community to date, however, with every case where the community is NOT happy, Hasbro pulled the strings, telling DHX what to do.  EGQ is Hasbro's doing, Twilacorn's development being ONE episode, and Derpy's voice being changed we all done in by outside sources (the first two being Hasbro, the latter being Itunes).  DHX is not an independent company marketing their own things, they are employed by Hasbro to make a show from the My Little Pony franchise to appeal to little girls of today so they can continue to market and sell toys in order to make $$$$.  DHX has been kind enough to go the extra mile for the unexpected fanbase that their show has created.  It's not their fault (well it is, in a good way) they went above and beyond what they were expected to and actually made a GOOD show....

• Brohoof 2

I think many people would consider packing their bags now because of how stupid, hateful and violent we have became after the announcement of EqG, I have my hopes up for bronycon this august to see if that event can warm our hearts again like it did last year.

This.  If the fandom ends from any recent shenanigans, it's not going to be from Twilicorn, or Equestria Girls, or Hasbro cracking down on fan projects and such.  It's going to be from the constant infighting that these incidents seem to show as being our standard reaction when everything hits the fan.  I personally am getting sick of it.  I won't leave the show or the fandom, but I could see how others would. 

I hope something does calm us down and bring us back to reality.

• Brohoof 2

It is an honest possibility. But if they leave the fandom / the show for such a petty reason of change like this? Then why did they watch the show in the first place? All shows under go change for the better (usually). If a show doesn't change its setup than it runs the risk of hitting a formula and than it will get stale. MLP's characters have changed over time and became better with seeing there flaws. EQ maybe controversial, but I believe it is in good hands.

Like many fellow bronies / pegasisters here are saying. It is the bloody drama everyone is getting sick of. I mean if people at DHX are getting to the point of wanting to quit for people attacking them without seeing the product they worked hard on. Then I can see a valid reason for people leave this fandom. We are better than this. We have accomplished so much in so little time. Don't let this stupid drama kill us.

I think a lot of people just want to have something to overreact about. They like to stir up drama and such, but I hate to tell you but Hasbro knows what their doing! Lauren Faust has made this show a big hit with her amazing story lines and character development. I'm not afraid to say that if you want to be immature and leave the fandom because heaven forbid something didn't go your way! They're not paying you to create their grow show and make it a success because they already have someone who does that! People need to get their heads out of their ass and enjoy the journey. MLP still has many good years ahead of it I believe, and you can sit and pout all you want but it was made for little girls!

I think that every thing is going to be fine as long as they keep one place dedicated to EQG. So when people want to talk about EQG. so you should not worry derpy_emoticon1.png

Of course not. They may threaten because of stupidly disliking something and will circle jerk over how much they don't like something but honestly if you can drop something you love on a whim that you disapprove of ONE SINGLE THING then you weren't really ever a big part of us to begin with and only thought you were.

To top it off, people do this -all the time- and the fandom we have here is ridiculously quick to judge on everything which is a shame, really.

I don't think this'll do a dent to our fandom at all.