Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear that a lot of people will leave the fandom after EqG?

Hdc

Will the herd diminish due to EqG?  

147 users have voted

1. 1. Do you fear that a lot of people will leave the fandom because of Equestria Girls?

• Yes
    • No

Do I fear that a lot of the fandom will leave? No. It's not something I worry about and if they leave that's their prerogative, but I do think that most that use that threat are seeking attention. At the end of the day whether they stay or go doesn't change what has happened and it certainly won't bother Hasbro.

No one is being forced to watch Equestria Girls, and the showrunners have already made it clear it will have no impact whatsoever on Friendship is Magic. Thus someone who would stop being a fan of our little ponies because of this never really was a fan to begin with.

And whatever they might choose to do, I don't fear it. happy.png

• Brohoof 2

I think there's a variety of reasons why people may leave the fandom. I'm already seeing a few artists and musicians doing so. Biggest reason is a lack of material to be influenced about. Plenty of the people who've been doing this for 2 years are getting bored or thinking they'll be a bigger deal by a larger non-pony audience (which i disagree with). I think some fans will hit this halfway mark, see this movie, and then ragequit but i wouldnt be surprised if people do come crawlign back when season 4 starts.  That really is what everyone is chomping at the bit for, just killing time until we got our ponies back.  

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, people in the fandom should enjoy the show, not criticise it. Also, will the characters from MLP be humans for the rest of the show? Or will they still be ponies, cause to be honest, I'm getting confused..

(edited)

before i saw EQG i didnt think i would like it, but after watching half of it i really like it so far, but i still dont like the thing about twilight liking that one guy... ill have to see though.

Edited by MLP Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure equestria girls will be complete horse crap, but I have no problem with the fandom. People who want to leave the fandom because of it, let them. That just leaves room for the people who are actually loyal to and enjoy the show. Bronies are one fandom that takes everything WAY to far and too seriously. If whovians were like bronies, they'd be leaving their fandom after season 7's dissapoint.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, people in the fandom should enjoy the show, not criticise it. Also, will the characters from MLP be humans for the rest of the show? Or will they still be ponies, cause to be honest, I'm getting confused..

In the show, they will still be ponies. EG will not impact the show directly. Everyone involved higher up in the movie has said so. This movie is basically a one-off thing. It can't even really be called a spin-off. Think of it more as a "what-if" thing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

the word 'fear' implies that i care they are leaving. the way i see it, its a great way to weed out the negativity and the whiners.

besides, if they really leave and don't come back because of something like this, then maybe they were never true bronies to begin with. i don't think i could "leave the fandom" even if i wanted, i'm too loyal to ponies and would come back no matter how poopy things get.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

No. Just no. I remember when Metal Gear Rising was announced as a Hack 'N Slash as opposed to a stealth game, and there was a big divide in the MGS fandom, just like with the bronies. Did that little spin-off completely destroy the MGS fandom? No, it did not. As a matter of fact, Metal Gear Rising came out as a great game. In other words, I don't think a spinoff that is a big departure will be strong enough to destroy the fandom.

Edited by Red Talon

I dont fear it in the slightest because if they leave because of something they didnt even have to watch then that is their problem and I say good riddance to them.

Equestria girls is completely separate from the show and will not effect season 4 at all. They will only be humans during the events of Equestria girls and will be ponies again by the end of it.

Im just afraid about how EG will affect the show. I am never going to watch EG because to be its not like MLP even though it has the mane 6 in it. It just reminds me of something like anime or previous generations and i hope that the show isnt going in that direction. i could never imagine myself leaving the fandome, but some other people might if EG has an effect on the main show, but thats my only concern.

How can you not already know that it is a fact that Equestria girls will not effect the show in any way shape or form I cant remember who tweeted it (probably Meghan Mccarthy) but who ever it was clearly stated that Equestria girls is not cannon to the show. In other words it is not going to affect season 4.

• Brohoof 2

I dont fear it in the slightest because if they leave because of something they didnt even have to watch then that is their problem and I say good riddance to them.

Equestria girls is completely separate from the show and will not effect season 4 at all. They will only be humans during the events of Equestria girls and will be ponies again by the end of it.

oh thank Celestia that really cheered me up thanks I was worried they would be humans for the rest of the show man that would be spoiling it. Thanks ;)
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

You have to realize the fandom is made up of mostly immature bronies who can't be pleased unless things are done exactly how they want. If you haven't noticed bronies complain about every little thing when it comes to My Little Pony.

In my opinion if bronies end up leaving the fandom over this that's not my problem. All that means is we'll have less bronies to fuel the haters since most bronies don't properly know how to defend against a hater. I'm a true mature brony that refuses to be overzealous and will remain a brony forever.

Edited by Mighty E.

There are some that may leave the fandom but that's their choice.  Although I am not keen of EQG, I am pretty neutral towards it.  If it's canon and horrible, the fandom will end up ignoring it. If it's canon and good, the fandom will embrace it as another reason to love FIM.  At the end of the day, this movie is made for the targeted demographic and it's really not catered towards us.  We have to remember that for FIM in general too when it comes to Alicorn Twilight. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

How can you not already know that it is a fact that Equestria girls will not effect the show in any way shape or form I cant remember who tweeted it (probably Meghan Mccarthy) but who ever it was clearly stated that Equestria girls is not cannon to the show. In other words it is not going to affect season 4.

Sorry :( I was just worried it would be like, for example, cheers and Frasier as a spin off. Cheers ended a couple years after and Frasier was a huge success, I just hope that people like FIM more than EQG

There are some that may leave the fandom but that's their choice. Although I am not keen of EQG, I am pretty neutral towards it. If it's canon and horrible, the fandom will end up ignoring it. If it's canon and good, the fandom will embrace it as another reason to love FIM. At the end of the day, this movie is made for the targeted demographic and it's really not catered towards us. We have to remember that for FIM in general too when it comes to Alicorn Twilight.

Do you think FIM has changed because of us, like do you think the writers took us into account when they wrote the newer episodes? It seems like they have done some things for us, but I don't think they will be with EQG, I think that maybe they are making this targeting the originally targeted audience, rather than targeting us for it now, like FIM is now being made in part for us. What do you think? Edited by MLP Brony

If someone leaves this amazing fandom over harbor making a movie that they didn't like, then we probably don't need them here in the first place.

Sorry sad.png I was just worried it would be like, for example, cheers and Frasier as a spin off. Cheers ended a couple years after and Frasier was a huge success, I just hope that people like FIM more than EQG

I actually preferred Cheers to Frasier.

I dont think there will be many people who will like EQG more then MLP and even if they do so many people have spouted so much hate about it that even if they do like it they probably wont admit it. Im personally really looking forward to EQG I think its going to be awesome and I cant wait to see twilight struggling with literally everything. Too bad I live in England meaning I will have to wait about 40 years to see it in reasonable quality. (Not a cam Job) 

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like EQG, either, but there's no point in leaving because of it. After all, MLP will still be here, which is what brought everyone together in the first place. 

Meh, if bronies want to leave the fandom over something as harmless as this then I'll just step aside and help them on their way to the door. If people can't keep a cool head for something this silly, I see no point in them staying in the fandom *shrugs*

Personally I don't really care much about this. Maybe it'll be interesting, maybe it won't. I won't be bothered either way.

• Brohoof 1

Most people on this thread seem to have a good mentality. The people flipping out, arguably have every right too, but if people *do* actually leave because of this, I question how much investment they had in FiM in the first place.

And the so-called threats against the show staff are unacceptable, period.

I think many people would consider packing their bags now because of how stupid, hateful and violent we have became after the announcement of EqG, I have my hopes up for bronycon this august to see if that event can warm our hearts again like it did last year.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Dis EqG iz rubbish. I will lif du fendum cuz it's nut cul enimoar."

My reaction to such rant:

post-10241-0-56236900-1367675005.jpg

If you want to leave, just leave. Well, even though it's stupid, it still saddens me if they actually leave the fandom just because of this ignorance  EqG. This fandom is great, and what makes it great is its member. Just like what Key Gear said when he resigned, a great place without the love of the people is empty. I'm also preparing something big for the fandom, and if the fandom dies before I can finish it...

post-10241-0-09674500-1365779316.gif

My work will be wasted.
Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 2

I think most people who takes active part in discussion on forums and blogs will stay in the fandom no matter how bad things get because they have friends here.

Nevertheless, only a fraction of all fans have an account on forums. Most fans don't, still, they're very passionate about the show. These fans don't have friends on forums which would keep them chained to the fandom. I think that if fan made content isn't properly marked as having Twilicorn and humanized ponies, people will be turned away from fan made content after running into it too many times. If it happens, it could be manifested as a sudden drop in views of a video over time.