pinkiefan1287

Movie  

93 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the movie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

(edited)

So we all know that a list of towns was put up which tells where EQG is playing.

http://www.screenvision.com/cinema-events/my-little-pony-equestria-girls/

List

So I was wondering, who is going to see it and who is going to skip it?

For me I'm not to sure if I want to see it. Now my town is on the list of towns they are showing it, but I'm just not sure. I have a few reasons why I don't want to go.

For one I don't like that this is the MLP their going with. It just seems like a weak idea to do, when they could try making a story in the Pony world.  

The next problem I have is just the way they look. They look like characters from Johnny Test and that Monster High show. They just look so odd and I don't think I could look at that for an hour and a half.

Now the last reason does not involve the show, but more of the fandom. I just don't feel like I could go to this movie knowing that it maybe more for little girls and their families. Now this has always been my problem with the fan-dom and a movie release. I just don't think these 2 groups should mix. This could just be my little if. I have gone to these 2 day movies before. I went to the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie and the Pokemon movie, but that because I know their would be fans of the anime there and I was fine with that. Maybe I'm just over thinking this.

Not going to avoid the movie, I'm just going to wait for it to come on T.V. and watch it then.

So who is going to see it in theaters and who is going to wait? Also does anyone else have problems seeing it in theaters? 

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm probably not gonna like it all that much, but since I'm signed up for some dc area brony thing and since I've never actually been to a meetup I figured why the hell not and said I'd go with a group of them next month. Even if I don't like it I guess I'll have fun, and I'll meet a few people so hey.

Edited by Lord Bababa

Myself, no. I don't think I'd be able to just waltz into a movie theater and ask for a ticket to the pony movie. And I don't think the people would take me seriously.

Besides, I'm waiting until after the start of S4 to watch it anyway. Complex reasons. I'll probably wait for it to be on TV sometime. And have a viewing party with some friends if I'm up for it.

• Brohoof 1

HELLZ TO THE YES! i will walk right up to the ticket taker man, and say one for my little pony equestria girls, because i dont care what someone who dropped out of highschool and now works at a movie theater thinks XD 

that being said, in all honesty i would much rather bring one or two brony friends

I am well........forcing myself to go. I will hate it. I mean it will be the shortest movie in my life since a movie should at least be 1hr 30m long. It's like a train wreck. But this is like a train wreck that collided into a little debbie truck and a short bus at the same time 

Well the Bronies of Phoenix are making a meetup date to go see the film, so no worries about me being the only fan to see the film on the big screen.

So ya I may watch it in theaters.

What movie?

(I've decided that life will be easier if I just deny the existence of the movie and keep living my life in a fabricated innocence.)

That would be a negative, Ghost Rider. Firstly, I'm not too particularly excited about it in the first place. Secondly, I would have to drive much too far to actually see it. Not that I would have a problem waltzing into a theatre and asking for tickets to such a movie, but I just don't really want to see it and 75 minutes is one hell of a drive for something I may not enjoy.

I'll just wait for TV. Or Netflix.

I'm not going to see it, not because I think its going to suck, because honestly I have no idea either way, i'm pretty neutral and will remain that way until the thing actually comes out with more proof, but I am a closet brony so yeah, no real good chance to go there anyways :P.

I'll just wait to watch it on Youtube or something like I do for episodes :P.

I am, but I'm not sure if my three other brony friends are going to meet up to see it. Two of them are against Equestria Girls, and the other will be on vacation in June.

Kinda sad that I'll be only one who plans to go, but I'll probably (and finally) meet bronies that I haven't met before. I'll also drag my sister along on PREMIERE NIGHT. :D 

I must admit I would, however due to my location in Australia I'm not sure if I even can or if its even gonna show here. But, all things consiherd (if you see what I did there) I would have preferred one just on the ponies But, some of this movie will be about them and that's what matters, and honestly I think it will/could be okay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has hopes for this, I mean, think about where some of us might be if we judged things without watching them?

I dunno, I think whether or not I'll go will depend on how it's received by the fandom (that is, after people *actually watch it* , not the freak out we're having right now).  Should be easy enough, since it doesn't premiere around here until two weeks after it's premiered everywhere else.

Living outside of the US, me and a few friends decided, back when there where rumors of a movie, that we would travel to the US in order to watch it. But ever since this turned out to be "this", we changed our minds. Now, if people watch it and it turns out to be outstanding, despite our problems with it, we will buy it on iTunes or something.

Who here thinks that it will be released in British cinemas like vue or odeon?

I think so because mlp is quite popular over here and there are loads of people who I know who want to see it, figures crossed!

I must admit I would, however due to my location in Australia I'm not sure if I even can or if its even gonna show here. But, all things consiherd (if you see what I did there) I would have preferred one just on the ponies But, some of this movie will be about them and that's what matters, and honestly I think it will/could be okay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has hopes for this, I mean, think about where some of us might be if we judged things without watching them?

You are not the only one... I admit when I first watched the ad I thought this is gonna be poo but after watching it a few more times I felt a bit more confidences it it

• Brohoof 1

I'll probably see it it there's a midnight release or a really early showing, its not that I'm embarrassed to see it, I just want to minimize the chances of sitting next to little kids and their parents.

• Brohoof 2

Not me. There are some people who I don't want seeing I'm a brony, mainly people from the local high school I used to go to who hated anything like bronies. I don't go there anymore though, I'm homeschooled now.

If I lived in the States i'd definitely go see it on the first day but since I'm over seas I'll probably buy it on iTunes or amazon when it's released on DVD and Blu-ray :).

Not me. There are some people who I don't want seeing I'm a brony, mainly people from the local high school I used to go to who hated anything like bronies. I don't go there anymore though, I'm homeschooled now.

I'd just go

There are many bullies in my school the all know that I watch mlp and they don't bully me frankly I friends with them as we'll as all the nerds like me personally I would just go

• Brohoof 1

I'm not going to bother with this movie until I can see it for free. I really don't know what to think of it, especially after watching the trailer. I wouldn't go even if I had some brony friends who did want to go. I will wait.

So far I've only heard of American show times, so I might not be able to see it. If the movie does end up showing in Canada, I'm gonna take my step-daughter to see it. The movie looks better than I thought and before I even knew about this, my step-daughter was asking me if there was going to be a MLP movie. 

Nah. I don't think my theater will show it, and even if it did I'm paying like $16 for a movie ticket. I'll have to wait until someone rips the DVD and uploads it somewhere.