Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How are you like your favorite character from MLPFIM?

Fluttashy

Favorite Character Poll  

52 users have voted

1. 1. How similar are you to your favorite character?

• Very similar, almost exactly the same
    • We share quite a few attributes
    • There are a few things that are similar about us
    • Not similar at all
  2. 2. Which of the mane six are you most like?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity

Hm.

I enjoy dramatizing.

I enjoy exaggerating things.

I enjoy exaggerating the drama.

In addition, I also enjoy looking fine in the public, and not only. I do enjoy working, and I work best in silence, alone. I also do enjoy being generous and I have noting against altruism (even though I'm trying to limit it within myself).

So yeah, I guess I have some important characteristics in common with Lotus Blossom... ... ...wait, what?

Applejack. The accents one thing, then the fact that I've always helped my friends, and can be stubborn. Oh yeah, I also tend to think I'm the best. So, I'm just like Applejack. And that's why she's my favorite character.

Rarity is an outspoken, overdramatic diva with a love for fashion.

I'm an introverted sci-fi. comic, and anime geek who throws on whatever is clean in his drawer.

Yeah, she and I have *so* much in common. :P

For me, my favorite characters tend not to be the ones who are the most "relatable", but rather the most interesting and well written. That's Rarity.

Just to add to this, the ones I probably am most like are Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, though more Twilight than anything. I literally suffer from a form of OCD, for instance.

Yes, I'm very much like Twilight.

We are both rather crazy when it comes to school and studies, and we are bookworms, who tend to keep off from people/ponies as much as possible. But we also have a group of friends we love and enjoy spending time with.

Neither of us is strong and sporty, and we both value brains way much more.

Fav character is RD, but I don't have much in common I don't have anything in common with her really :)

Only to the limit of our idealistic and optimistic ideals. And our love of the color pink. She's extroverted to the point that she can approach anypony and everypony, including those she's never met, with ease. Meanwhile, I can never approach anyone I've never met. Way too introverted for that. She's obsessed with sweets, while I prefer... "normal" food. You know, like meat and such.

Plus, I'm pretty sure she's a vegetarian, so there's a huge difference.

So yeah, I'm no male Pinkie 2.0.

• 1 month later...

So, title says it all, broskis. In what ways do you relate to your best pony? I relate to Rarity like so:

• I like to think I'm very passionate about what I do, which is writing and cars. On days the school sends me home (happens quite a bit with mah health issues), I still showed up for work at the shop, and I had a lot of success as a shipfic writer on my days at fanfiction.net, mostly for the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series. I love doing these things, and I try as much as I can to be great at them.
  • I've got a ton of attention to detail; I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'm told I can be a good artist when I want to be, but, when I do try, I always chunk 8 or 9 pieces of paper after just one or two lines because I was off a little bit; why this annoys some, I dunno.
  • I always buy things for people out of my own paycheck, dammit. I've purchased/helped purchase all of my buddy Afterward's MLP merch but a couple of things, and I'm glad I helped. I've got money to spare, so I guess that's a bit generous. Not too much, though, just helpin' out mah friend.
  • I guess I can be over-dramatic at times...maybe. :lol:?

rarity_vector_8_by_regolithx-d4i5irl.png

Yup yup, don't like making topics, but I really wanted to post this and couldn't find it anywhere after both Google Site Search and the Site's own search, so here we are.

• Brohoof 5

I relate to Rainbow in some ways:

• I'm always loyal to my friends no matter who they are, and I would never leave their side.
  • I never give up on my friends and never give up on myself, very dedicated.
  • I'm very competitive, but I'll show my opponent respect and showmanship.
  • Even in the face of doubt, I inspire myself to achieve the next level and accomplish the impossible.

rd_cocoa_by_high_roller2108-d6zoee3.png

• Brohoof 4

I can't Say I relate to either of my two favorite ponies. On one hand is Cadance, the only thing I could relate to is politeness,  on the other is Shining Armor, I suppose I could relate as he was as some point a royal guard and I have an interest in the military, that is basically where the similarities end. I am to thin and wiry is stature to be similar to shining armor.

All that being said, they are my two favorite for their relationship (as well as character ) , and I hate to put it this way, but in some ways I see myself as Shining Armor In search of a Cadance (*Facehoof*)

img-2209526-1-UWTxb9j.jpg

Edited by armyassassin96
  • Brohoof 3

I relate to Pinkie Pie:

- I am always on the hunt for new friends

- I can usually see the big picture

- I am relatively easy to please (and I get reaally creepy when I am upset)

- I am frickin' awesome! 

P.S: I drawdeded this myself

post-23668-0-98482100-1389929852_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I relate to Rarity(best pone) a lot! :D

rarizinha_pronta_para_o_carnaval__by_kyl

- I admit I'm like...a little vane and superficial, I have times when I care about the way I look, like... I MUST look at myself on the mirror and check my angles and see if my teeth are fine and stuff. I have moments where I am like 'I look like a dirtbag' and I have some others like, 'damn I look good today'... yeah  :wacko:

- I first judge people based on appearance.

- I'm not the most cult guy in the planet, but I certainly try not to use bad words when I speak. :eww:

- I like being the center of attention, what I hate is to seek it, but if I have it without asking for it I enjoy it. That of course makes me a little egocentrical but just about things that I know I'm good at. Never hurts to take a little pride ya know  :)

- I have a very developed common sense, something I can relate plenty with Rarity, because she seems like she's one of the mature ones, like Applejack. That helps me being realistic about situations and don't take reckless choices.

- I hate nature or outdoors.

- I hate being dirty. I don't mind being dirty if I know I'll get showered soon, if not. Then a big no!

- I like to randomly gift things to people I appreciate, if it is a drawing, I just do it without asking. I just do. If it involves money, I make sure I have money to spare. I like to save money.

• Brohoof 2

rainbow_dash_by_psyxofthoros-d599712.png

• I consider myself loyal to my friends. I try my best to stay by their sides.
  • I always try my best in competitive events, such as video games. If I lose, oh well. I do try my best, but I also try to have fun.
  • I'm always pushing myself to be better. I try to better myself a little every day.
  • I'm not the type of person who ditches others.
  • I get excited rather easily, and will use phrases such as "That's so awesome!" 
  • I like to just relax every now, and then.
  • Even when I'm losing, I usually won't just give up. It's worth it to at least try, right?
  • Brohoof 2

I'm shy and i try to be kind as much as i can. I hate it when people pick on/make fun of my friends.

But at the same time when i get excited about something i cant stop talking about it.

Edit: also people tend to not hear me :squee:

Edited by Phyrosite
  • Brohoof 1

Currently a tie between Rainbow and Twilight for me, so:

Rainbow:

- I am definitely a very loyal person and always try to be there for others when I am needed.

- I can be rather brash and slightly on the prideful side.

- I tend to take risks, often without thinking.

- Pretty lazy.

x I am not athletic.

Twilight:

- I am pretty intelligent and good at academics.

- I often expect the worst scenario possible.

- Rather socially awkward

x I have horrible study/procrastination habits.

Edited by Gordon Freeman
  • Brohoof 1

I've never really thought about it, but now that I do...

1. I want to be the best musician, and overall man, that I can possibly be. I'm always challenging myself with uncomfortable music, and uncomfortable situations. One of the reasons I decided to wear Brony merch and be totally open about it is because I knew it would expand my comfort zone even further than it was previously. I do it for myself, and I think that's a very Rainbow Dash way of doing things.

2. I can be a perfectionist, especially when it comes to my music. Maybe this is more of a Rarity thing, but I won't move onto something else until I'm complely and utterly bursting with what I did. Only then is it good enough.

3. I'm cocky and a little ignorant more than some of the time, but I never let that ruin my relationships with other ponies if I can help it. It comes from having a lot of confidence, and I think Dash definatly had the most of that lemonaide.

4. I love to sleep, I need my 9 hours, or I'm a complete asshole, don't mess with me if I'm trying to sleep, I will fight you.

5. The only time I have energy is when I'm doing the thing I love to do, otherwise, I'd rather lounge in a chair on the beach and sunbathe.

I don't know, I could all crazy deep, but I think that's enough.

Edited by Deesinn
  • Brohoof 1

Wow, this is complex. On the inside, when I am with my friends, I am PINKIE!!

Happy, fun, and ready to laugh.

Sadly, I often retreat (ie, whenever I am not with my friends or close family) I become sort of like a jerky rainbow dash. I am sullen, sarcastic, and although I can feel loyal event to people who don't seem to care that much (I want to be their friend) I usually forget that and stick to myself. On the inside, PINKIE! On the outside, I am a close mouthed, opinionated, untrusting, scared, tough girl. Who gets anxiety attacks.

Sigh. This was more...deep than I thought it would be.

• Brohoof 1

I have a lot in common with Rainbow Dash, I will always be there for my friends or anyone who needs my support, or if they just want my company for fun. I also tend to push myself, to improve and mature for myself and for everyone, I don't like it when someone tells me I can't do something, just because I am young, I prove to them then to myself that not matter what nothing is impossible. I am quite competitive, especially in fields I am competent in, like archery, marksmanship and navigation, even I am not as competent in some tasks, I will still try to get the basics then master the task. Like Rainbow Dash, I can have an exalted spirit, I like to show my enthusiasm for amazing stunts and feats of endurance, and to be gallant even if you are scared trying some difficult event, moreover I can be athletic and be lazy, just lounging around with not a care in the world, finally like Rainbow Dash I tend to boast, but I am not arrogant nor conceited, I will not show off my achievements above and beyond, thus this is the true zeal of Rainbow Dash, strong spirit and dependable, swift and bold, she is proud but she will stand firm for the comfort and good of somepony else, and that is worthy of boasting about.      

I'm also tied between two -

Fluttershy - My personality is naturally timid and quiet and I can be very sensitive. Extremely extroverted (and slightly crazy!) friends, along with several years of direct mass customer service has taught me to have a thicker skin, but it'll always be a part of me. Also when I'm faced with a challenge, problem, or awkward situation, I'd much rather go hide in my house, room, vehicle, anywhere I can go, rather than dealing with the issue. I also love animals and feel more at ease with them than with a room full of noisy people.

Pinkie - She's just crazy! This is the other part of me that lives on the internet and lies dormant until I find a kindred spirit to have fun with, or really strange and bizarre conversations. Generally I think most people should lighten up, stop being so serious all the time, and have fun! Be silly, be loud, be a little obnoxious! I've found my circle of friends has grown a LOT since I got up the courage to let this side of me show. 

Sometimes I feel Pinkie keen, other times I just want to snuggle up in bed with my dogs and enjoy a book or movie. 

• Brohoof 1

I relate to the best pony because we avoid emphasizing our strengths and are unsure of ourselves. We both like books. We once avoided friendship but learned of its value later. We are over apologetic sometimes. Those are a few interesting similarities between us.