Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What background pony would you like to see make a major role?

ermahgerdapples

I'd really love to see a Vinyl Scratch and Octavia episode. Hell, maybe even a segment when they talk is good enough. But too mig of a role for Vinyl and we can have a fan-war between Vinyl and Dashie for most awesome pony. If that does happen then #TeamVinyl :)

Anyone else hope in season 4 the secondary ponies get some light? I'm hoping Lyra might get some light shed on her and hopefully make her interest in humans canon. Plus Vinyl, she is the perfect excuse for a genuine music based episode.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, Vinyl has been seeing more and more screentime. I think she's well on her way to getting a line or two, if not a scene like Derpy got. (BTW I call them the Tail Six <3 Mane six tail six lol)  And Yes, it would RULE. Especially if the episode was taken from Golden Harvest/ Carrot Top's POV, in my opinion. And she's like delivering produce. Lol and it's just called Vegetables. Oh, yes.

I do hope too in Season 4 for the Secondary 6 which has a group of six background ponies after all. But, the writers might not put a certain plot hole with the secondary 6 coming out of nowhere. But that does sound like a good idea.

27808+-+Bonbon+Doctor_Whoof+Lyra+Octavia

Maybe they could add Roseluck and the other background ponies to make something similar to that.

• Brohoof 2

I hope the secondary characters get some additional development and screen time too.  An episode with Vinyl Scratch and/ or Octavia would be awesome, and same goes for the others.  I don't know if they'd ever do a slice of life episode with background characters, but if they did I'd freak out in a very good way.  They could have an episode where a background pony has to interact with one or all of the mane six.  I could easily see Pinkie hanging out with Vinyl, and Pinkie did pull Vinyl out of nowhere in one episode (forget which one), so saying they know each other isn't too far-fetched.

I would also love to see an episode centered around the wonderbolts.  I can't get enough Spitfire and Soarin wub.png

This is what I have been wanting them to do for the longest time now. I mean to get a chance to see an episode directed away from the mane six would be very very interesting at best. I really hope they decide on doing that sometime in the future.

-----

Hi there. Just a heads-up that I've merged your thread with this one due to their similarities.

When thinking about making a thread, please use the search function beforehand~

VINYL SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!

Ahem... Sorry for shouting...

I just think they can do so much with the character just by her looking at her appearance. I think she'd be friends with Pinkie, and she'd play music whenever Pinkie throws a party. That sounds like a solid role right there!

Man, I hope they make me happy in season 4 wub.png

I'd also like to see Octavia get some spotlight as well. I'd imagine she'd be somewhat frou-frou similar to Rarity, but have a passion for classical music. I also like the idea that she and Vinyl would be roommates. I could imagine they'd be the perfect paring for a sitcom laugh.png

I think the one that would make most sense to me would be derpy, and I'd be cool with seeing Derpy in a major role.

Although I doubt it'll happen.

Maybe Doctor whooves might be interesting xD. Possibly Colgate.

I dunno if I'd want Vinyl to, I like her being mysterious right now really. 

Those 3 are my top picks since I think they'd make some interesting episodes, but I guess any would do. That said none of them will make the cut I doubt since background ponies won't get a major role mostlikely.

But its nice to wish for I guess xD.

Well duh... this is a no brainer for me. Derpy of course! I really think that the writers need to give her a hero role and redeem the character's personna in the public eye. Ok so the first attempt to bring her in was met with criticism and rejection! Ideal opportunity here to impress the very people who did reject her, by showing that a pony like her has hidden wisdom that can save equestria!

It would reach out to people who are like her as well, encouraging people who maybe DO have a disability or are clumsy, picked on, called names, etc.

I think hasbro had gold in their hands and threw it away out of fear of judgement and trying to be too politically correct. I'm glad they changed her voice, I did not like the first voice at all, but they should have kept her name and given her a chance to redeem herself and fix town hall or something else that only she could do... I have some idea's and one day I want to write it in  fanfic.

Oh and one more addition... I think it would be really cool if they some how subtly put the Tardis in the background some where with Dr Whooves going into it. They'd obviously have to get the rites to it, but i'd be awesome if the would.

so that's my pinkie pie in the sky dream!

(edited)

Scootaloo

Just kidding..

I hate her with a passion.

I would love to see an episode about Big Mac since he is one of my favorite ponies as well as best stallion but he has his own arc in the comics so I don't know.

But It would also be cool to have an episode about Vinyl Scratch. There would be a lot of potential to use in an episode like that you know.

Also I think having an episode about Derpy would be pretty cool, but too bad soccermoms made it impossible for our beloved mailmare to have a speaking role ever again let alone a whole episode dedicated to her.

So all and all I think a single episode about a background pony or several background ponies and what they do in a day would be a great idea for an episode in the show and I for one would love to see it happen.

Edited by cmarston1

Well, I would LOVE to see some Octavia and DJ Pon3, since they are kind of PFF's. I think since they're friends, Twilight would ask them about their friendship since she studies it and how they handle it. Lyra and Bon Bon would be great too; basically because of the reasons I stated above. ^^^

I'd like to see a Derpy episode, but I'm still curious on what it would be about.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool to give Derpy Hooves her own story. Maybe they could make an episode where it explains why her cutie mark is bubbles. I also think that they could do something with the character of Doctor Whooves. If they could somehow get Matt Smith to do the voice of Doctor Whooves, that would be really neat.

I've taken up a liking to Octavia. I think she'd be a nice and elegant character to bring into the spotlight, even as just another minor role. Her design is beautiful and I imagine she'd have a calm, serious demeanor; it'd be nice to see what could be done with her on the show!

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see doctor whooves become canon. Sure they would need permision from bbc, but I can dream. I don't think they'll let derpy speak again. I think the world still has butt-hurt over that still.

id love to see Lyra take the stage again and have another speaking role ( she's got such a lovely voice) 

other than that uhm AppleJack octavia or dj pon3 have a bigger roll in some episodes

I'm gonna follow the crowd and say Derpy.
It'd be like in South Park where Butters got his own episode!
Only less dark, not quite as depressing and a bit more PC